Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not what I said at all.

Its okay to give the club some credit for the 3 positives you listed from 2022.
It is what you're saying

I'm saying that Sloane being out paved the way for Berry to get an extended run as a centre square midfielder. You are arguing against that.

Patrick Parnell is another positive for us this season.

Luke Brown played Rounds 1 through 11 before succumbing to injury. Guess when Parnell came in?

It is positive that we have some good youngsters waiting in the wings or in peripheral roles. It is negative that it takes intervention from the injury gods for us to see them

Still 20 posters voting "Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)"

Interesting that there are a handful of AFC apologists still voting that way for Nicks. I always suspect a couple of those posters are AFC employees, probably in the PR Dept that churns out so much nauseating crap

Interesting that there are a handful of AFC apologists still voting that way for Nicks. I always suspect a couple of those posters are AFC employees, probably in the PR Dept that churns out so much nauseating crap
The funniest thing is they will support the decision when Nicks inevitably gets sacked next year, and any losses under the new coach will no doubt be blamed on Nicks.

It is what you're saying

I'm saying that Sloane being out paved the way for Berry to get an extended run as a centre square midfielder. You are arguing against that.

Patrick Parnell is another positive for us this season.

Luke Brown played Rounds 1 through 11 before succumbing to injury. Guess when Parnell came in?

It is positive that we have some good youngsters waiting in the wings or in peripheral roles. It is negative that it takes intervention from the injury gods for us to see them
Fairly sure Berry played forward in the game he came back in in R5, so it's not at all wrong to say Sloane's injury is the reason Berry got extended midfield time.

You weren't "seeking clarification".

You just said "So you are saying...." and then went and created some theory that Scotty Thompson apparently would love. Doesn't get more strawman than that.

I just noticed that your username suggests you were thinking the Crows would win the flag in 2010. This the case?

If so that is some seriously poor football judgement.

I just noticed that your username suggests you were thinking the Crows would win the flag in 2010. This the case?

He means 2110, our next flag.

Fairly sure Berry played forward in the game he came back in in R5, so it's not at all wrong to say Sloane's injury is the reason Berry got extended midfield time.
Berry came back against the Tigers and we actually did start Sloane forward while Berry got the midfield run. Berry had 21 CBA's for the game, Sloane had 0 prior to getting hurt in the 4th. Was one of the moments I had some hope we were turning a corner and that was all undone the next week with the GWS loss and Nicks went crazy over it.

Berry heatmap

Screenshot_20220723-021639.png

Sloane heatmap

Screenshot_20220723-021554.png

Now that was just one match though and whether we'd of kept that up long term if Sloane didn't get hurt is another question. I can certainly imagine Nicks responding to our struggles with putting Sloane back into the midfield full time, especially after the mentioned GWS loss.

I already posted but confirming now, driving over Friday morning, booked accommodation after the 2nd showdown. Staying Friday and Saturday night, driving back Sunday. Suffer in your jocks all those tossers that would call me a Port Troll, I'll be at the MCG next Saturday afternoon watching the Crows win their 3rd* flag.

It seems we both jumped the gun on that elusive 3rd flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berry came back against the Tigers and we actually did start Sloane forward while Berry got the midfield run. Berry had 21 CBA's for the game, Sloane had 0 prior to getting hurt in the 4th. Was one of the moments I had some hope we were turning a corner and that was all undone the next week with the GWS loss and Nicks went crazy over it.

Berry heatmap

View attachment 1453693

Sloane heatmap

View attachment 1453694

Now that was just one match though and whether we'd of kept that up long term if Sloane didn't get hurt is another question. I can certainly imagine Nicks responding to our struggles with putting Sloane back into the midfield full time, especially after the mentioned GWS loss.
Thanks mate, I stand corrected.

He again mentioned how we needed a "time out" at quarter time to re-group.

This is what he said after the Hawthorn and Gold Coast games too.

How dire is our on field leadership and knowledge that we need to wait until the end of a quarter to change what we're doing? Literally amateur league stuff.

*20 posters who haven’t bothered changing their vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back