Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He again mentioned how we needed a "time out" at quarter time to re-group.

This is what he said after the Hawthorn and Gold Coast games too.

How dire is our on field leadership and knowledge that we need to wait until the end of a quarter to change what we're doing? Literally amateur league stuff.
Maybe he tells them not to change anything before the break

How dire is our on field leadership and knowledge that we need to wait until the end of a quarter to change what we're doing? Literally amateur league stuff.
We have the worst group of senior leaders in our history, probably the worst in the league and would be right up there in terms of all time bad.

We're struggling to find a suitable captain from our entire squad. That's how bad it is. Can't even find one leader

We have the worst group of senior leaders in our history, probably the worst in the league and would be right up there in terms of all time bad.

We're struggling to find a suitable captain from our entire squad. That's how bad it is. Can't even find one leader
I think the coach sets the culture. We need a coach with gravitas who can see through the senior players BS and send them on their way or get them onboard. The seniors play like they don't have respect for Nick's. They know he is gone next year.

Yep, I think we have to find a way to get another 1-2 26+ year olds into the club.

The Tippet sanctions, losing Dangerfield and the horrendous first round drafting in the mid-late 201* have really come home to roost.

Long way to go. If he sees out his contract then he could be the worst coach to crack 100 games (sorted by win:loss percentage):

View attachment 1454232
& Dean Bailey was instructed to tank games!

Not many coaches survive 50 games winning a quarter or less of your games...

Yep, I think we have to find a way to get another 1-2 26+ year olds into the club.

The Tippet sanctions, losing Dangerfield and the horrendous first round drafting in the mid-late 201* have really come home to roost.
Yes, we should be looking to bring in a few mid aged players as our current list is easily the youngest.

Angus Brayshaw would be perfect as a FA. Extremely underrated player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carn Nicksy, its's time for those feelgood debuts.
We'll be lucky to win another game this year.
The group hugs are well and truly stale.

Getting awkward as they were cocky over a month ago that we would at least get seven wins. Winning two of our last four is still very possible but that would most likely have to be a win over the Eagles which is no certainty.

How shit is our coach that he can’t get the team up for the start of the game? Our first quarters have been woeful

Yep, how many other clubs move players into the Leadership Group halfway through a season?

The players aren’t buying it, there are to many disinterested

In 3 seasons, Mathew Nicks has only won TWICE against a team that had a winning record when we played them.

Rd 16 2020 won by 12 points at home against the 8win 6 loss Giants.

Rd 10 2021 won by 1 point at home against the 9win 0 loss Demons.

Not sure how a guy with a winning percentage that sits alongside Dean Bailey, Brendan Bolton and Mathew Primus can be defended by anyone.

In 3 seasons, Mathew Nicks has only won TWICE against a team that had a winning record when we played them.

Rd 16 2020 won by 12 points at home against the 8win 6 loss Giants.

Rd 10 2021 won by 1 point at home against the 9win 0 loss Demons.

Not sure how a guy with a winning percentage that sits alongside Dean Bailey, Brendan Bolton and Mathew Primus can be defended by anyone.

You defend many of his decisions.

You defend many of his decisions.

I wouldn't say many of his decisions. I have been underwhelmed by Nicks for a very long time.

Maybe I seem Pro-Nicks because I don't try and blame him for pretend things like some on this board (like him coaching Rachele out of form and saying the only reason Berry has been successful is because Sloane got hurt).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back