Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those “errors” you could argue are trying things - some appear to be genuine rookie errors but maybe behind close doors they knew someone wasn’t ready, was working on something etc.
Overall I agree that he has made some errors but a re building side is the best to make some errors with as you aren’t contending

It’s interesting the move of Dawson has clearly improved us even though we already saw strong signs of this improvement and attacking game plan prior to the move.

Anyway ultimately I think we are seeing the start of our posters becoming more aligned as there is a lot more positive stuff to talk about and focus on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Your giving BF credit for Jordy's improvement. :D

Yeah not playing Dawson in the middle for the first 2 games wasn’t a mistake, nor was going in short against Richmond. Crouch on the wing. No evidence at all.

Turnovers is what killed us against Richmond

We turned the ball over in areas of the ground that made it impossible for our defenders to defend, so it wouldn’t have mattered how tall we were down back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was told over the weekend that the Izak and Rachelle strategy was Nicks wish to the list committee some 3-4!years ago

Nicks obviously had a vision how these two players could combine and shape the footy team and game plan

I was told over the weekend that the Izak and Rachelle strategy was Nicks wish to the list committee some 3-4!years ago

Nicks obviously had a vision how these two players could combine and shape the footy team and game plan

Doubt nicks would have even heard of Josh’s name back then

Cornesy 4, Shaw 2, Blight 3, Craig ... too many, Sando 3, Phil 1, Pyke 3, Nicks 4 and counting
Missed Ayres

Cornes - 1991-1994 Sacked (4 Years
Shaw - 1995-96 Contract not renewed. Shaw quit as his family was getting taunts (2 years)
Blight - 1997 - 1999 Quit (3 years)
Ayres - 2000 - 2004 Sacked (5 years
Craig - 2005 - 2011 Quit ( 7 years)
Sando - 2012-14 SAcked (3 years)
Walsh 2015 :-(
Pyke 2016 - 2019 Stepped down after review (4 years)
Nicks 2020 to present

Turnovers is what killed us against Richmond

We turned the ball over in areas of the ground that made it impossible for our defenders to defend, so it wouldn’t have mattered how tall we were down back

Hmm, if Dawson had played in the middle we may have had less turnovers….

And going in 1 KPD against 3 talls is just dumb and has never worked every time Nicks has tried it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you were addressing GK, but I was one of the non-believers that thought Nicks only had one game plan and no plan B.
Loss-minimisation, along the lines of "We're going to lose but make it by as little as possible". It's clear there's more to him than that.
The amount of patience he has shown gets my respect.
Building a list and gameplan is slow .....too easy to blame the Coach & players ....much easier for draftees to come into well connected teams .....not teams with a lot of youngsters, that's simply a fact

So the plaudits coming industry wide, are not just off 3 games .....they can see the trends and numbers, which outline what we're doing ......building off a contested game base

This interview with Daniel Hoyne - Competitions Analysis Team Lead, Champion Data

Listen from the 15 minute mark ..... #1 hardest team to score off turnover ...#3 hardest team to score against ....and 2nd hardest team to move the ball against

15 of the last 16 premiers have been top 3 in the League, in the turnover game .....we're currently #1

So you can criticise Nicks all you like .....but numbers don't lie

So you can criticise Nicks all you like .....but numbers don't lie
??
I said:
" I was one of the non-believers ... It's clear there's more to him [Nicks] than that.
The amount of patience he has shown gets my respect."
That's praise, not criticism.

But this data gets me even more excited for the Crows' future:
#1 hardest team to score off turnover ...#3 hardest team to score against ....and 2nd hardest team to move the ball against

15 of the last 16 premiers have been top 3 in the League, in the turnover game .....we're currently #1
If we're top 3 at the end of the season, I'll be ecstatic, but the #1 you're talking about is of the last 3 rounds only, right?

Re: Hinkley, in this Matthew Nicks thread, who cares?

Hinkley is reappointed ==> I don't care. They'll keep failing.
Hinkley is sacked/contract not renewed/resigns ==> I still don't care. Whomever replaces him, I hope they'll keep failing.

Do I want PA and Adelaide to be the best two teams in the Comp? No.
I want the Crows to beat them, every time they play.
I want them to be as far below the Crows on the ladder as possible.

This is next level delusion, Nicks struggles to pick a side with an eye on the following week, you expect us to believe he's planning 4 years out?!?

You’re just stating a fact, that’s not an opinion and the only reason you are saying it is to try and show that we’ve improved. LOL
So I’ve stated a fact about how poor our goal kicking was in the first 2 rounds…to try to show that we’ve improved..

Can you explain the “LOL” part?

So I’ve stated a fact about how poor our goal kicking was in the first 2 rounds…to try to show that we’ve improved..

Can you explain the “LOL” part?
Crikey John, you’ve try to claim you’re being critical but you’ve used that criticism only to make a case for your positive opinion. It’s not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back