Max King for Petracca?

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like Max King, but it's become obvious that he isn't the right fit for St Kilda. I'd be happy to let him restart his career somewhere that he can get the opportunity to become the monster key forward he deserves to be.

Petracca has been "one that got away" for me since we selected another key forward that didn't pan out over him in the draft all those years ago. I'd do the trade in a heartbeat, and offer extra picks or players if needed to get it done.

What am I missing here? Petracca wants out because of the current culture at Melbourne.

And you seriously think he would want to play for a club like St Kilda who were just last week caught having meetings with Tarryn Thomas 😂. Plus a laundry list of controversies over the years.

This website isn’t serious.

What am I missing here? Petracca wants out because of the current culture at Melbourne.

And you seriously think he would want to play for a club like St Kilda who were just last week caught having meetings with Tarryn Thomas 😂. Plus a laundry list of controversies over the years.

This website isn’t serious.

We were ranked top 4 in the league for culture based on the latest AFLPA culture amp polling that all teams do.

Never the less we wouldn't trade King for him. And they probably don't need him either

Dees have 4 up and coming key forwards in JvR, Jefferson, Turner and Petty. Not sure we would trade Trac in his prime for another.

(We also have Kentfield as well but he is shit).

King to GC for family
Lukosius to PA for home
Houston to Melbourne for home
Petracca to St Kilda for getting out

Plus steak knives in all directions

How’s that for a mega deal that would never get done because it’s ridiculous

Dees have 4 up and coming key forwards in JvR, Jefferson, Turner and Petty. Not sure we would trade Trac in his prime for another.

(We also have Kentfield as well but he is shit).
Exactly.

It was really a timing issue. If Melbourne had that set of forwards at their current stage of development around 2020/2021, they might've had a 3+ flag dynasty. You don't need amazing forwards with the midfield/defence Melbourne had 2021-2023 - just solid ones on the rise.

Similar was the case for Geelong 2013-2021. Often our defence and midfield was up there. But our one dimensional forward line was exposed when it counted in big finals. When we had the ascendancy we couldn't punish teams. Throw a Stengle and Cameron in a few years earlier and a couple more flags may have been on offer. Hell, we still would've killed for Gary Rohan and Brad Close type forwards 2014-2018.

The dynasty sides manage to have each part of the field in sync and peaking at the same time, without one area that is seriously weak. So this whole "add a key forward" idea is about 3 years too late for Melbourne. At least Brown was functional enough to help land the 2021 flag.

Am I the only one that wonders whether Petracca can ever come back the same player after what he's been through?

Could anyone?

You're minding your own business on the footy field, and next minute - you're literally fighting for your life.

That's not an easy thing to overcome. It would be very easy for him to just naturally not quite approach each game and each contest with the same mindset as he used to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have King. Trac won’t be the same player again. It’s not just physically, he psychologically will be hesitant to go into contests. Saw it with Dusty.

Am I the only one that wonders whether Petracca can ever come back the same player after what he's been through?

Could anyone?

You're minding your own business on the footy field, and next minute - you're literally fighting for your life.

That's not an easy thing to overcome. It would be very easy for him to just naturally not quite approach each game and each contest with the same mindset as he used to.

For a sweet $million a year anyone could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Max King for Petracca?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back