Boxing May 2nd - Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Manny Pacquiao

Remove this Banner Ad

I love boxing but shit like this is why its dieing. When you don't reward ring pressure or actual power punches the sport gets taken over by more exciting MMA. Mayweather doesn't throw power punches, we know this, that's why has hardly ANY KO's during his career. while pac we know sits on his punches more and gets more power. Yet judges and commentators awarding nearly everything Mayweather lands as a power punch worth more than Pacs.
While I mostly agree with this, I feel as though Mayweather threw more damaging punches today

Staggering this self promoting ghetto wife beater can fool people into paying him 100 million for a 36 minute boxing match.

People are idiots and further proof the world has got it's priorities wrong.

They both need to donate tens of millions from there purse to charity.

mayweather wont retire in September. no way does his ego allow him to not break marciano's record and even if he really does want to retire hes the only real draw boxing has (for what reason i have no idea) and the money the networks will throw at him will be obscene.

I love boxing but shit like this is why its dieing. When you don't reward ring pressure or actual power punches the sport gets taken over by more exciting MMA. Mayweather doesn't throw power punches, we know this, that's why has hardly ANY KO's during his career. while pac we know sits on his punches more and gets more power. Yet judges and commentators awarding nearly everything Mayweather lands as a power punch worth more than Pacs.

Haha, lol. More exciting? MMA is shit, just grappling ans wrestling.

Absolute bullshit.

Pacman was a lot closer to knocking out Mayweather than Mayweather was to him.

Mayweather just used his long reach to rack up points whilst running away. He's not a real fighter- he's a runner.

The way he was celebrating before the end goes to show that he probably had the entire matched rigged anyway. Disappointed.

mayweather wont retire in September. no way does his ego allow him to not break marciano's record and even if he really does want to retire hes the only real draw boxing has (for what reason i have no idea) and the money the networks will throw at him will be obscene.

Exactly what I was thinking! Say what you want about Mayweather, but he is a smart business man. It is no coincidence that his current contract with showtime expires with his 49th fight. He will sell his record breaking 50th fight to the highest fee for a final 9 figure paycheck.

That being said, I won't be watching. He won tonight, I think almost everyone agrees, but ran for most of the fight, through low blows and grabbed when under pressure. Neither fighter landed any really significant punches. Tonight's biggest winner other than the two fighters' bank accounts ..... the UFC.

Absolute bullshit.

Pacman was a lot closer to knocking out Mayweather than Mayweather was to him.

Mayweather just used his long reach to rack up points whilst running away. He's not a real fighter- he's a runner.

The way he was celebrating before the end goes to show that he probably had the entire matched rigged anyway. Disappointed.
Boxers always do that, they try and sway the judges any way they can.

Disagree with the Pacman being close to knocking Mayweather out. Neither was particularly close but imo Mayweather landed the heavier punches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayweather landed 148 punches to Pacman's 81. Really cannot comprehend how people think Pacman was robbed...

Mayweather is known as a counter-striker also, so I'm not sure why his defensive style comes as such a surprise.

He wasn't robbed not at all but this isn't the Olympics Pac landed the more telling shots and Floyd ran.

There was 6 rounds that were 50:50 and Floyd got them all.

Floyd will never be GOAT. Ali had the fans, Tyson had the presence. Floyd just has money.
I hate the **** but money can buy fans and presence.

100% agree Floyd will never be GOAT.

It's Floyd's style but that was just another nail in the coffin for boxing. A lot of people tuning in for perhaps their first match and that's not going to make them watch again.

Yep, first fight I've watched in ages (I don't watch many, but I've watched some entertaining ones from back in the day) but if that's boxing, and they can say that somehow Mayweather "won" that "fight", then I'm done with it. Should have called it a draw or a no contest cause of sheer boredom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing May 2nd - Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Manny Pacquiao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back