Boxing May 2nd - Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Manny Pacquiao

Remove this Banner Ad

Pacquiao had Mayweather on the ropes getting peppered with punches a few times. Had him backed into a corner and rocked his face with some serious power. There was one point Pacman had him completely locked up and I thought a knock-out was on the cards.

Mayweather never did that to Manny. He just defended and got the win. Pathetic.
Most of the punches were landing on the gloves.

So basically this is how it went down:

Pacman lays into Pussyweather
starts hugging/clinching
gets away with it every single round with no points deducted
"I KNOW I WON. OOGABOOGA WHERE DA BELT AT"

I had it 7 rounds to 5 Mayweather.

Pacman made the fight therefore he won 2 "coin toss " rounds for mine, Mayweather landed the most shots but Pac did land the best shot with the straight left that sent Money back.

From memory i had it the same way. In any event, by any measure, Mayweather won comfortably.

Didn't watch the fight, but anything in this?

11174620_10152794513413045_5524611406974723287_o.jpg

Didn't watch the fight, but anything in this?

11174620_10152794513413045_5524611406974723287_o.jpg

Given all three judges correctly gave rounds 4 and 6 to the blue corner on the cards (probably the most one-sided rounds of the fight)... safe to say it is the most ridiculous conspiracy yet (not to mention their names align with the scores).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people complaining that it was a boring fight. I thought it was pretty good actually (maybe the fact that I didn't pay for it is partly why I think this). It's as if the people complaining hadn't seen a Mayweather fight before. On first watch I thought Mayweather probably took it 8-4.

I wanted Pacquiao to win. I enjoy his fighting style more than Mayweather's and from everything I've seen Pacquiao seems like a better person. I read something that made it pretty clear Pacquiao's not such a great person either though.

Pacquiao is a homophobe who cheats on his taxes and his wife. Also possibly a doper. He's pretty charismatic though.

And of course, anyone looks good when compared to an obnoxious wifebeater like Mayweather.

I had rounds 4 and 10 definitely Pacquiao. Gave him round 6 as well but it was flip of a coin. Couple of other rounds were also very hard to call.

Still don't get the confusion about the 118-110 score... Which 3rd round is everyone giving definitively to Manny?

I think I gave MP 4 rounds (3,4 I think 6 and 9? Going off memory so may be wrong on actual rounds) and gave the rest to Floyd

So basically this is how it went down:

Pacman lays into Pussyweather
starts hugging/clinching
gets away with it every single round with no points deducted
"I KNOW I WON. OOGABOOGA WHERE DA BELT AT"

Sure. If you ignore a lot of those punches hitting nothing but air or gloves. Manny landed 81 punches in 12 rounds. Hardly laying in to anyone. Floyd outboxed him and won quite comfortably.

Pacquiao is a homophobe who cheats on his taxes and his wife. Also possibly a doper. He's pretty charismatic though.

And of course, anyone looks good when compared to an obnoxious wifebeater like Mayweather.
Pacquiao also opposes birth control and loves himself some cockfighting, or he did before he got backlash from it. The fight being characterised as 'good vs evil' was a massive misrepresentation. 'Evil vs not as evil' doesn't have quite the same appeal though.

Pacquiao has always resisted the Mayweathers call for pre-fight drug testing.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out Pac is/was dirty, but in fairness Floyd's terms were ridiculous for a professional fight. First he wanted 14 days, then when Pac agreed to 14 days he changed the demand again.

It's pretty obvious Floyd was never serious about fighting Pac in his prime and the drug testing thing was mostly an excuse.

Pacquiao also opposes birth control and loves himself some cockfighting, or he did before he got backlash from it. The fight being characterised as 'good vs evil' was a massive misrepresentation. 'Evil vs not as evil' doesn't have quite the same appeal though.
Can a man be forgiven if he gives so much of his fortune away to the needy folks in his homeland?

Can a man be forgiven if he gives so much of his fortune away to the needy folks in his homeland?
I don't know much about him giving his money away. That sounds like a good thing. Then as a politician he actively fights against things that will help the poor people in his homeland.

Forgiven by who? Giving money away cancels out the other wrongdoings? What's your opinion?

I don't know much about him giving his money away. That sounds like a good thing. Then as a politician he actively fights against things that will help the poor people in his homeland.

Forgiven by who? Giving money away cancels out the other wrongdoings? What's your opinion?

I certainly wouldn't go as far as calling Manny evil for those bad deeds he's apparently guilty of. Evil is something I'd associate with a killer/peodophile/rapist etc. When you say that it should have been 'evil vs evil'. That to me sounds like both fighters are unforgivable for whatever sins they've committed.

Hopefully Manny has changed his stance on the things listed above. And that he's a man of his word(to donate half of his earning in the Floyd bout to charity).

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing May 2nd - Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Manny Pacquiao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back