List Mgmt. McDonough and Arnot delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

McDonough was stiff, IMHO. Dimma said early on in his career he will be picking players on form, and yet players like Lloyd, Thomas and Gordon were getting games ahead of him, with Lloyd and Gordon not having anywhere near the form McDonough had in the VFL.

Must have had behavioural issues or something because skill wise he had all the tools to be a solid AFL player. Even Choco said McDonough was the best pure footballer he had come across in his time at AFL level, and that was from someone who had seen players like Wanganeen, Deledio etc all play.
this is a good point, McD would have to be top 3 in the VFL along with Thomas & Dea by a country mile

well they are not mucking round by the looks of things...that makes 6 and dare I say it a couple more would be wondering when they feel the tap on the shoulder too...surely they are gearing for a couple of big gets in the FA/trade period at the very least

Any chance to rookie donuts?

I'd think he'd be quite pissed at being in best most weeks and being overlooked for guys who weren't
I really think his contract is up and he told them he's exploring his options elsewhere
He hasn't done anything at afl level for us to trade so therefore we just delisted him
He can still be traded though but highly unlikely
If Garlett went for pick 69 or whatever what could you expect for mc Donough ?

No surprises really.

Does this mean Matt Thomas will go around again next year?? :drunk: He's not a bad footballer, but I just don't think he is good enough to be playing for a top 8 club

Thomas is good depth, good in the wet, commited, one of the few bigger inside-mid bodies we have, and a good, experienced leader for the young guys in VFL.
Runner-up in the Liston shows as much. As we know, his disposal is lacking - but I thought he was OK against the Bombers (in the wet) when he came in for Cotch. Never going to be best 22, but happy to see him stay another year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

silly doing this before trade period, i know they have no value but Crows did trade with us to get Tambling so you never know what offers we could maybe get....

for what?

with you being able to pick up delisted players for free now, clubs just wait - they know whos getting the chop. Also for what prize? Clubs now use late draft picks on rookies, so if your elevating its pointless fighting for 3+ round picks. you can use pick 10000 to get your rookies

I'd think he'd be quite pissed at being in best most weeks and being overlooked for guys who weren't
I really think his contract is up and he told them he's exploring his options elsewhere
He hasn't done anything at afl level for us to trade so therefore we just delisted him
He can still be traded though but highly unlikely
If Garlett went for pick 69 or whatever what could you expect for mc Donough ?

Yeah his form in the VFL was pretty good I must admit, there must be something else here in play behind closed doors that we don't know about.

Fair enough changes. Dea to retire should be the only other. That would give us 6 spots on our list (4 other retirees) as I think everyone else will be signed up.

I'd expect us to upgrade Lambert- So gives us 5 positions on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. McDonough and Arnot delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back