McKinley seeking a trade to Victorian club.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not surprised he is asking to go. Didn't really fit into our structure and was overtaken by other players.

I hope he gets a go elsewhere.

I would be happy for a pick upgrade (even only a few places) as we need the room on the list more than anything IMO.

yay! Good bye Fraser Gehrig MK2. You slack piece of sh*t.
Really, I blame the way the forward line is structured, as much as the match committee and the way McKinleys development has been managed as I do McKinley.

We have a terrible record when it comes to our forward line both in terms of player management and coaching, recent history included.

The only real successes in recent years have been LeCras and Kennedy, one of whom is incredibly motivated and the other has all the right physical attributes and talent.

I disagree.

In a team like Collingwoods, I could see him kicking 40+ yet doing enough in other areas (yet I don't think they lack marking targets). He would be a better fit for Carlton, who have a surplus of smaller players able to crumb and chase.

Give him a defined role which plays to his strengths and decent delivery and he will be a solid player.

Agree with this.

Also, I can imagine another coach getting through to him a lot better and getting him to chase very hard. IMO McKinley was never a lazy player, we just didn't know how to put his effort to best use.

In all seriousness, don't go passed st. kilda, we haven't got passed losing Aaron Hamill....:(.

As I don't know what you need exactly, I think that your team has a very good forward line, an Average midfield and a less than good defense (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.)

Being optomistic we would have picks 25, 42, 59 etc.:D:D:D

What would you want for him? Would pick 42 and a half decent youngster be enough? We've pretty much got enough of everything except classy mids, rucks, and forwards of all types.

I'm not surprised he is asking to go. Didn't really fit into our structure and was overtaken by other players.

I hope he gets a go elsewhere.

I would be happy for a pick upgrade (even only a few places) as we need the room on the list more than anything IMO.
Yeah.

I can't see say Collingwood being too interested and the upgrade may only be a spot though (3rd upgraded to their second rounder).

If Carlton are interested, not only would he be a better fit for them but McKinley plus one of our picks for an upgrade (likely 3rd round) would be an equitable deal for both.

In all seriousness, don't go passed st. kilda, we haven't got passed losing Aaron Hamill.....

As I don't know what you need exactly, I think that your team has a very good forward line, an Average midfield and a less than good defense (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.)

Being optomistic we would have picks 25, 42, 59 etc.

What would you want for him? Would pick 42 and a half decent youngster be enough? We've pretty much got enough of everything except classy mids, rucks, and forwards of all types.
Didn't consider this and yes that trade seems reasonable (not like I have any say).

Problem is, it depends if there is actually a player available for trade from St Kilda who could reasonably be part of that deal and fill a need at WC.

We don't have a great deal of list space.

Our defense is getting the right side of solid. The only type of player I could see us trading in would be an outside midfielder. We are pretty much covered most elsewhere on the ground and just waiting on development.

As for pick 42, its too low by itself and I would imagine the Saints might think pick 25 is a little high(though I personally would disagree).

In all seriousness, don't go passed st. kilda, we haven't got passed losing Aaron Hamill....:(.

Being optomistic we would have picks 25, 42, 59 etc.:D:D:D

Mckinley & 44 for 25 should do the trick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit sad, ive always had a bit of a soft spot for benny mac, hopefully we can pick up something decent when we trade him and i wish all the best in the future, in the right team he will be a very serviceable forward.:thumbsu:

one of the players i would enjoy seeing do well at a different club unlike some others namely "JUDD". Just didn't seem to kick on after the one tremendous year, seemed like he wasn't given the right position and then confidence suffered. Tough to go from the focal point and a good year to the wafl with the odd game in the seniors.

should have turned out differently in my opinion, he actually tried to stay when he could have left last year but still wasn't given the proper opportunities.

This will come back and bite us on the arse.:(

He will excell at another Club our development of our players has been deplorable these last few years. :thumbsdown:

Shit look what an average coach was able to do with staker. :p

So we can expect McKinley who does have some talent to hurt us in the future. He certainly was judged by the match committee with a different set of rules to Lynch so I cant blame him for seking opportunities elsewhere.

Knew this would happen, Worsfold ****ed him over for too long, good job John watch him star for his new club.

Yep, don't blame him for wanting to leave at all. Thanks a lot Woosha! Incompetent fool should have been shown the door for taking us completely backwards this year.

yeah i think this was always going to happen, fair enough too.

he'll kick a lot of goals for whoever he goes to but he just doesnt do enough besides the goals...

i'd like to use him to get another small/mid sized forward: leroy jetta (even though he's more of a mid), josh hill, neville jetta or j.bennell...someone like that.

probably wont happen and we'll get reamed.

hopefully he doesnt pick a specific vic club like judd did, would really hurt our bargaining power.

Real shame, he was a quality forward. Had his deficiencies, but was a smart player. I think Worsfold and the team could have handled him so much better, and he could of been a 40+ goal a year player for us. All the best to him though

Fair play to the guy.

The folks who are acting like jilted lovers because players who didn't get a run (and come from interstate) want to go home / get more opportunities... would you listen to yourselves? What would you do if you were in his shoes? I'd venture it would be exactly the fugging same.

Poor business from Woosh. He's not great, but he's ok, but has the potential to be better than serviceable. You can't argue that Lynch (dropped what? 3 times this season) is serviceable anymore.

This will come back and bite us on the arse.:(

He will excell at another Club our development of our players has been deplorable these last few years. :thumbsdown:

Shit look what an average coach was able to do with staker. :p

So we can expect McKinley who does have some talent to hurt us in the future. He certainly was judged by the match committee with a different set of rules to Lynch so I cant blame him for seking opportunities elsewhere.

Mckinley has been hopeless for a long time now. He was given plenty of opportunities - he wasn't up to it.

If you can't kick straight unfortunately you can't be a forward...

Remove this Banner Ad

McKinley seeking a trade to Victorian club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back