Mea Culpa! (The Apologies Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies

Bevo for selection
The team for losing faith after 3 loses and missing top 4
Hannan for calling him hopeless
Gardiner for saying he was there to collect balls when they went over the fence with no crowds
Schache for saying never again
To my mum
To my Dad
To my wife
To my brother
To my sister

I think I will stop there.

Considering I haven't posted here for about four years it's not so much apologising to anyone at the WB, but.......... when Brisbane fell over the line to take fourth spot, I punched a plastic rubbish bin so hard that the lid shattered and I had to replace it.

Sorry, bin.

And for those of you who are fans of omens, during Round 23 of the 2016 season when Hawthorn beat Collingwood by one point to cost us a home final and make us go to Perth, I picked up a cheeseboard that I'd been using as a pizza plate and slammed it so hard against the armrest of my couch, that it cleaved in two.

Sorry, cheeseboard.

ETA: I found a photo I took of it straight afterward, partly because I was impressed by my own strength. Look out for it when the NGV is next open, it'll be part of my exhibit entitled "Watching Football is Emotional Trauma"

1631965297654.png

Last edited:

I'm sorry that I ordered the 2nd Half of this Lucky Meal pizza earlier in the season:

1st Half Gourmet Pizza: 5. Antipasto - Tomato garlic base, Italian pepperoni, artichokes, cheese, marinated olives & anchovies
2nd Half Gourmet Pizza: 26. Thai Seafood - Garlic base, cheese, prawns, octopus, sweet chilli sauce & dry basil on top
I’m still not over this. It sounds so bad. I almost want to order it out of morbid curiosity.

I apologise to the whole team.

After round 23, I was internally pleading for the season to be over and I was convinced we were playing in the EF for the right to lose the next week against the Lions.

How wrong was I.

I apologise to Baz - and to all of you for thinking it - I suggested trading him before the Bummers final such was my desperation to find trade capacity to unlock this team’s trie capacity

Thankfully they unlocked it all by themselves and I am forever grateful

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apologies to Easton I seriously felt that you were not just cooked but had been crispy crittered. That the speed of the game had passed you by, that all you had left was pick up scraps from spillage at the aerial contest and quickly hack kick it too no one in particular and often to the opposition.
Having worked back into form sincere apologies for the early obituaries of your magnificent career

Remove this Banner Ad

Mea Culpa! (The Apologies Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back