Remove this Banner Ad

The Big League

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi guys,

I was just over on the freo board, and apparently one of the news networks over there have stated Medders will seek a trade back to WA at seasons end.

What would you want for him?

A ******g apology!

If its true then someone has to explain....either the player himself for not applying himself when given a great apportunity to play with a club like ours or the coaches for not getting the best out of him.

I for one am baffled by his absence in the ones...for my sanity I'm hoping its just the injury that has held him back and nothing else as this guy, at his best, is in the top 5 in the club in terms of pure matchwinning ability/importance.

I'd want a bloke who'd give an arm and a leg to play for the most famous club in Australia. In fact, I think Medders has gone on the record before saying how privileged he feels to play in the black and white, which leads me to belive he's done either an inexplicable U-turn....or that rumour is ABSOLUTE BS...the latter I think.

Anyone hear what was said in this Fox Sports report? It hasn't appeared on any other news outlets, in print or otherwise. Nothing on the Fox Sports website. Seems like a pretty dodgy story.

Comes up whenever Medders isn't having a purple patch. However he'll be 29 soon and it would make some sense if he wanted to go home, but still it'd surprise me if this wasn't total BS.

Comes up whenever Medders isn't having a purple patch. However he'll be 29 soon and it would make some sense if he wanted to go home, but still it'd surprise me if this wasn't total BS.

Too true.......reminds another WA fellow called neon leon, now he seeks a trade everyday back to WA:eek:

I call BS (again.)

This same rumour comes up every year for some reason. :thumbsdown:

This sprang from a rumour about another rumour on another forum which was a pisstake.

I thought it was dealt with a week ago?

He can leave, he has only had one good season with us just like he did with Freo and then he doesnt give a ****. He doesnt even try in the VFL well at least thats what it looks like. He is way to inconsistent for my liking and if he wants to go back then there is no point keeping a guy whos heart isnt in it.

Meds is a required player. He could be the difference come September. He is very team orientated, perhaps too much. I would like to see him take the shots at goal, because he has the capacity to kick a bag and be the match winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe people are saying they don't care if he goes.A fit and firing Medhurst is most definitely in our best 22 and a real asset to the side.Our forward line really lacks an x factor at the moment,we're looking slow and top heavy.We need to get all of our small forwards back into the side,and we definitely need Medhurst in the team if we're going to do anything in September.

Just kicked his second goal against Coburg in the VFL. Hopefully finding some good form and we might see him back into the side next week.

Medhurst isn't gay
Doesn't want to leave collingwood
Will be in our best 18 by September

That's sums it up for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Medhurst wants to return to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back