Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Just listened. It’s hard to like Bassett. He’s arrogant and doesn’t try to hide his contempt for Port supporters or outside opinions that challenge us. He’s been there a long time and history will show that his lines have often been at their weakest and most dysfunctional when he’s been in charge of them. He presided over our backs when we were terrible at moving the ball from kick out and defence. Montgomery then fixed that.

Meanwhile Bassett went to our forward line and looked after that when our forward movement was kick it to Charlie or wait for Robbie to pull out a miracle. Chad’s forwards are at least kicking a score this year.

Now Bassett’s back with the backline and acting like he has crap to work with - which he does - but he’s also been at the club long enough to own some of the crap that’s stagnated and not thrived under this coaching regime.

On the positive side, he nailed DBJ’s struggles in that interview. It does sound that he realises something needs to change with the personnel in defence. Let’s see what happens tonight. I doubt it will just be McKenzie or Williams being added there. Something tells me we’ll see either Bergman, JHF or Mead spend time at HB tonight.
Bergman should play as a HBF - Farrell needs to be on a wing

Jude Bolton bringing up Finlayson's wife at the end of his post match interview was the work of an absolute c**t, and I will not be convinced otherwise.

Jude Bolton bringing up Finlayson's wife at the end of his post match interview was the work of an absolute c**t, and I will not be convinced otherwise.

He had a lot to do with Delta Goodrem when she was going through her battle with Hodgkin’s, so I’m sure his heart was in the right place, but the timing of such a traumabomb was horrendous.

What did he say?

And none of this "I can't believe what he said s**t"
I cant remember what he said but the timing was horrific.

Jez was on a high after the game and you could literally see the wind come 100% out of his sails in a second.

Let him enjoy the moment FFS. God knows he needs it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
A lot of media reports have been saying that Florette's shot fell just "millimetres short" - well that's technically correct, but I'd say about 600 millimetres:

View attachment 1654446

No need to bring the ARC in to decide that one ;)
What's that in kilometres?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you going to transition back to being a crows supporter

There you go. I’m not saying this is tribey, of course.

“True believers”, Hinkleites, Kochettes, et al, they should be called “Trans Port.”

And hopefully they will all be TRANSPORTED back to West Lakes soon enough.

The esteemed panel on Footy Classified joining the Tredrea pile on tonight, doubling down on the "crazy call after 3 rounds" drivel and Caro Wilson trotting out predictable digs about him being disappointed not getting on the board and having issues with former teammates. Playback of the "untenable" comment but not of any of the issues that Tredders raised about the club. The term "journalist" is a joke applied to these pathetic weasels.

The esteemed panel on Footy Classified joining the Tredrea pile on tonight, doubling down on the "crazy call after 3 rounds" drivel and Caro Wilson trotting out predictable digs about him being disappointed not getting on the board and having issues with former teammates. Playback of the "untenable" comment but not of any of the issues that Tredders raised about the club. The term "journalist" is a joke applied to these pathetic weasels.
Then Kane dribles on about how the comment hurt so many working hard within the club. My God grow a backbone and toughen the f**k up, if this reflects the mentality and sensitivities at the club, its no wonder the playing group are at times flaky and lacking mental toughness.

Last edited:
Remember that flog with the face that always looked liked he'd just smelled a fart, mark Stevens?

> Mark Stevens

lol na, old mate went to work for the Libs, lasted four months. Bounced to their media arm (Sky News), lasted six months. Now he does AFL reporting for the racing industry's radio station 3UZ. I wonder if (and if so, why) he was booted from 7 for some reason, he had a pretty plum gig there and has been on a steep downward trajectory since.

Then Kane dribles on about how the comment hurt so many working hard within the club. My God grow a backbone and toughen the f**k up, if this reflects the mentality and sensitivities at the club, its no wonder the playing group are at times flaky and lacking mental toughness.

‘Glenelg mentality’ has been thrown about in varying degrees in various contexts since the AFL-era dawned in this state, but The Family Cornes’ collective behaviour over the past week is surely the purified embodiment of it.

Imagine a world where Craig Hutchison is the voice of reason.

He was buying a beer 2 spots in front of me in the Magarey Room after the inaugural city Showdown.

The absolute sight of him in person — he could be the voice, biceps, glutes and quadriceps of reason.

An absolute circus bear of a man whose heaving heart could surely power the eastern seaboard if they’d only hook him into the grid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back