News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its on footywire. From 9 seasons (it only goes back to 2015) Cripps has been the number one WCE tackler inside 50 6 times and been top 10 in the AFL 5 times. So this year isnt an aberration.

What did he say?

I presume completely non-committal, as always.
Always hard to be committed, but interesting conversation
Brief below on his chat, worth a listen
  • Has spoken to Harley and will make a trip to go see him and his family in couple of weeks. No concerns about not wanting to live in WA
  • Top ten all performed a high level across the champs
  • Still figuring out the middle part of the draft
  • Taking all picks to the draft
  • Draft strategy transition started in 2021
  • Haven't had any call at this stage from other clubs re pick 1, but open to what the offers.
  • Would two top 10 Draft picks tempt Rohan, No it wouldn't
  • At this stage he doesn't believe there is anything obvious in way of other mechanisms to get draft picks in.
  • Tom Barrass, all the talk has been external, nothing internal, nothing from manger, no indication otherwise.
  • Liam Ryan - As above
  • Still assessing entire playing group of those coming towards the end of a contract
  • Not expecting to being overly busy in the draft period.
  • If we consider anyone externally during the trade period, the need to be younger players

Last edited:
  • Has spoken to Harley and will make a trip to go see him and his family in couple of weeks. No concerns about not wanting to live in WA
  • Haven't had any call at this stage from other clubs re pick 1, but open to what the offers.
  • At this stage he doesn't believe there is anything obvious in way of other mechanisms to get draft picks in.
  • Tom Barrass, all the talk has been external, nothing internal, nothing from manger, no indication otherwise.
  • Liam Ryan - As above
  • Still assessing entire playing group of those coming towards the end of a contract
  • If we consider anyone externally during the trade period, the need to be younger players
Yeah, watching it now and just got to the part about them asking if 2x top 10 picks would sway WCE. Was indeed a very definite no.

Yeah, watching it now and just got to the part about them asking if 2x top 10 picks would sway WCE. Was indeed a very definite no.
For mine, the best part of the interview.

Was a jokey but serious wouldn't have thought so. Very clear that we know what we got and we're putting a high price on it.

I reckon Rohan is getting excited to flex a bit this trade period. He's finally got the licence to do what he wants and now he's got the cash to get what he wants.

• Liam Ryan - As above
For what its worth, i think on this weeks backchat with schoey, without saying the usual: "i know nothing about this, not involved not media"
he said he thought TB would stay.
If you see it in the west thats why.

I read through that

As enlightening as a busted torch. Learned nothing from it
Yep. Me too. I've read more enlightened stuff on the Freo BF zone of putrescence.
I always skim past these links waiting for some other sucker to read it and let the board know if it is worthwhile or a life regret. If it is a Fox, News.com or Roar article it is usually the later.
Thanks for doing God's work Keys.
Add me to the list of suckers. That's about 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back. At least I managed a nice cup of tea while reading it.
Yep, a 100% copy and paste that one, zero new info or insights.
I'm thinking of coming out of retirement and starting a new career. Journalist sounds like a good option.
1. Don't actually need a brain. A bit of basic cut and paste skill is more than enough.
2. I can construct better sentences than a lot of so-called journalists.
3. Apparently the pay's not bad if you can get an actual print/serious online/TV gig.

The Allen one is frankly the most ridiculous thing I have read in years.

After committing to this shoot he ain't going nowhere

oscar-allen-rocking-the-retro-fit-v0-xKrKQn1swnxlgM2slIOj2sMUYES3NfVwwxVv3L2X1iQ.jpg
Is that a bomber jacket he is wearing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much better is it when Simmo is non combative. That disclaimer ahead of his press conference last week was fantastic. Feel like the club is doing better when they came across more humble

How much better is it when Simmo is non combative. That disclaimer ahead of his press conference last week was fantastic. Feel like the club is doing better when they came across more humble

Well it pushed Barich to the front of the line with his cushy brain dead questions that don’t even warrant any sort of response from a coach….

I’d just like someone to ask wtf Tim Gepps role is

Next ask Simmo can I suggest asking if the rumours are true that Shannon Hurn is older than Noah Long’s mum

We have a win the week before still doesn’t stop Barrett having a cheeky stab😂

IF ...​

Jez McGovern is an “in” ...

THEN ...​

that is always cause for hope. Has played only five matches this year, 10 last year, 15 in 2021, 12 in 2020. The Jez McGovern of round 21, 2023, though, is a mere shadow of the one who made four consecutive All-Australian teams from 2016.

Could of at least dedicated this weeks one to be about bunga

We have a win the week before still doesn’t stop Barrett having a cheeky stab😂

IF ...​

Jez McGovern is an “in” ...

THEN ...​

that is always cause for hope. Has played only five matches this year, 10 last year, 15 in 2021, 12 in 2020. The Jez McGovern of round 21, 2023, though, is a mere shadow of the one who made four consecutive All-Australian teams from 2016.

Could of at least dedicated this weeks one to be about bunga
Wow, a 31 year old not playing as good as he was when he was 25/26.

Luckily Dusty Martin is still tearing it up I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back