Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
There's a couple of KPFs that are probably worth a pick around these next few spots, but I feel like their reputations have taken a bit of a hit due to them being a bit flog-ish. Hard to know what people will vote for haha

Would be funny if our coach gets picked before a single Melbourne player 🧠
Realistically, Gawn should really be going within the next round.

Went at 11 (too high) in the MB draft.

Quick question (because I've been getting some PMs) - is everyone happy with the 1990 draft onwards rule, or would people rather 1990 debuts onwards?

If we changed now, it shouldn't impact the order too much, but I'd imagine players like Grant, Wanganeen and Jarman would be popular over the next round of picks.

Would probably rather not change midway through, but happy to go with the popular vote. Forgot about all the weird early 90s pre-listings.

1990 draft imo. Keeps it simple.
I agree – went with that in the beginning as Draftguru is the best resource for tracking

Was so happy to get a nice Top 3 pick but I'm pretty jealous of anyone with two hits between 10 and 20.
I'm out of ideas already.
I know what you mean, guys I probably should pick I ****ing hate and dont want to, its really tough :tearsofjoy:

Can understand why MM went Jack Crisp now.

Was so happy to get a nice Top 3 pick but I'm pretty jealous of anyone with two hits between 10 and 20.
I'm out of ideas already.
Most interesting part of the draft IMO. A lot of the huge names of years' past are gone, but there are still a host of 90s/early 2000s guns on the board – I'm keen to see how they're ranked vs the modern-day guns like Fyfe (2 x Brownlow, 3x AA), Danger (8x AA & Brownlow), Gawn (6x AA, AFLCA, Premiership Captain), Hawkins (5x AA, Coleman, 3x Premiership Player), Selwood (5x AA, 4x Premiership Player) and Pendles (6x AA, 5x B&F). Might be a bit of bias against the current players as they're not really sexy picks.

Most interesting part of the draft IMO. A lot of the huge names of years' past are gone, but there are still a host of 90s/early 2000s guns on the board – I'm keen to see how they're ranked vs the modern-day guns like Fyfe (2 x Brownlow, 3x AA), Danger (8x AA & Brownlow), Gawn (6x AA, AFLCA, Premiership Captain), Hawkins (5x AA, Coleman, 3x Premiership Player), Selwood (5x AA, 4x Premiership Player) and Pendles (6x AA, 5x B&F).
Headless is gonna be mad at you for this, dont be surprised if you cop "shivers" in bold and red text.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most interesting part of the draft IMO. A lot of the huge names of years' past are gone, but there are still a host of 90s/early 2000s guns on the board – I'm keen to see how they're ranked vs the modern-day guns like Fyfe (2 x Brownlow, 3x AA), Danger (8x AA & Brownlow), Gawn (6x AA, AFLCA, Premiership Captain), Hawkins (5x AA, Coleman, 3x Premiership Player), Selwood (5x AA, 4x Premiership Player) and Pendles (6x AA, 5x B&F). Might be a bit of bias against the current players as they're not really sexy picks.

SHUT UP

When people start reeling off names like this I'm not sure if they're giving away the game or draft tampering by carefully omitting guys they want to pick which is what I'm trying to do.

When people start reeling off names like this I'm not sure if they're giving away the game or draft tampering by carefully omitting guys they want to pick which is what I'm trying to do.
:sneaky:

On that note you would expect guys like Jesse Hogan, Lachie Neale and Ollie Wines to get picked pretty soon.

140156.jpg

I think I'm gonna struggle to pick anyone, guys like Scott west, Robert Harvey Shane Crawford will always right higher to me than modern flogs like Danger and Fyfe

I think I'm gonna struggle to pick anyone, guys like Scott west, Robert Harvey Shane Crawford will always right higher to me than modern flogs like Danger and Fyfe
Rightly so, Harvey was a legend.

I often wonder whether or not St Kilda could have won the flag in 2009 if they'd kept Harvey for one more year and managed him well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back