Official Club Stuff Membership 2013 #whateverittakes - 56,172 RECORD! (Well done to everyone)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Membership 2012 - Speak to the club here PART II (13/04/2012: 44,463)

Not sure if I'll be able to get a response here in time but figured it worth a shot.

This year is my first as a national 3 game member and I managed to miss the date to request my ticket to the gold coast game without realising it! Is there anyway of still obtaining my members ticket at all or am I just stuck with buying one?

Also is their no way to be able to take advantage of a membership but still be able to sit with some non member friends?? Got a few people and my wife keen to go but it kinda defeats the point of having a membership with game access if I can't sit with anyone else that just wants to get to one game!

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Re: Membership 2012 - Speak to the club here. [12/04/2012: 44,412]

EFC_Membership - thanks for your presence on here - you've been very helpful to the Bigfooty Bomber faithful.

Do you know if the below was a widespread issue with the rollout of the resell program &/or why I didn't get a response to the ticketmaster email?:

We have had some issues with selling seats online and error messages coming up. If you give me your membership number/s on here, I can organise for the seats to be sold back. We are still trying to get on top of the issues as it is a new system.

Re: Membership 2012 - Speak to the club here PART II (13/04/2012: 44,463)

Not sure if I'll be able to get a response here in time but figured it worth a shot.

This year is my first as a national 3 game member and I managed to miss the date to request my ticket to the gold coast game without realising it! Is there anyway of still obtaining my members ticket at all or am I just stuck with buying one?

Also is their no way to be able to take advantage of a membership but still be able to sit with some non member friends?? Got a few people and my wife keen to go but it kinda defeats the point of having a membership with game access if I can't sit with anyone else that just wants to get to one game!

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Jay,

Sorry that we couldn't get back to you in time to get your ticket to you. Unfortunately without the registration we could not arrange the ticket.

Your membership is general admission access so when you go to the football for your two games, you don't have a reserved seat so you would be able to sit with your friends.

Re: Membership 2012 - Speak to the club here. [12/04/2012: 44,412]

If the Anzac Day game is a home game, then does the same apply for the silver membership with home game access? I'm trying to convince my wife we NEED a family silver membership, and you can't get the home & away access as a family.

Silver membership gets u guaranteed reserve seat at ALL Essendon H&A games in Melbourne at both Etihad & the G.

Including all the big games like ANZAC because its your seat no matter what.

Well atleast mine does, dont know if there are different options on silver.

So i'm not sure if that answers your question or not but if i can get in for the away ANZAC this year with silver, then would bet on the same thing for a home game.

Re: Membership 2012 - Speak to the club here PART II (16/04/2012: 44,549)

My thoughts on the lower-than-expected membership figures listed below. I think the main problem is that there are too many changes at once. One major change is enough for members to cop on the chin, but multiple changes may have turned some newbies away this year.

Main reasons
- Cost of memberships has increased
- Allocated seating has turned some away
- Some may have donated to the Flight Plan for their contribution this year, and foregone membership to do so (financial restrictions)
- Limited interstate membership options

Less significant reasons
- Bandwagoners were put off by the smashing in the EF - they probably won't be back on board until we win a final
- Evans' comments about the flight plan could've been perceived as a backhander to those who took it the wrong way
- Closed training sessions may have turned off some fickle members
- Dodgiest membership hat of all time

Having said all this, I'm not having a go at the club, merely looking at the possible reasons.

One strong argument is that at the end of the day, total revenue is the important thing. The flipside is that even with increased profits, fewer members means fewer people feel connected to a club that they want to feel connected to. There would be people who want to give the club their money and want to feel like a contributor and a part of the club, but who have chosen not to (rightly or wrongly) due to one or more of the listed reasons. This emotional disconnection is an intangible for the club to keep in mind.

Not having a go, but just my thoughts.

Thanks for the updates EFC Guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Membership 2012 - Speak to the club here PART II (16/04/2012: 44,549)

My thoughts on the lower-than-expected membership figures listed below. I think the main problem is that there are too many changes at once. One major change is enough for members to cop on the chin, but multiple changes may have turned some newbies away this year.

Main reasons
- Cost of memberships has increased
- Allocated seating has turned some away
- Some may have donated to the Flight Plan for their contribution this year, and foregone membership to do so (financial restrictions)
- Limited interstate membership options

Less significant reasons
- Bandwagoners were put off by the smashing in the EF - they probably won't be back on board until we win a final
- Evans' comments about the flight plan could've been perceived as a backhander to those who took it the wrong way
- Closed training sessions may have turned off some fickle members
- Dodgiest membership hat of all time

Having said all this, I'm not having a go at the club, merely looking at the possible reasons.

One strong argument is that at the end of the day, total revenue is the important thing. The flipside is that even with increased profits, fewer members means fewer people feel connected to a club that they want to feel connected to. There would be people who want to give the club their money and want to feel like a contributor and a part of the club, but who have chosen not to (rightly or wrongly) due to one or more of the listed reasons. This emotional disconnection is an intangible for the club to keep in mind.

Not having a go, but just my thoughts.

Thanks for the updates EFC Guy.

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate all input and understand that some of the changes made wouldn't suit everyone.

In the long run, we are trying to do what is best for our members and ensuring that everyone who signs up as a member is absolutely assured that they can attend every game.

Like I said, we appreciate all feedback and you certainly raised some good points.

Re: Membership 2012 - Speak to the club here PART II (17/04/2012: 44,629)

EFC, just arrange for a 10 goal drubbing of Carlton and a 20 goal drubbing of Collingwood.

There's your 50,000 members right there. :D

I would think that maybe depending how we go in the Carlton/Pies games that might give us a bit of a shot in the arm membership wise?

Although starting a season 3-0 i thought people would be itching to jump on board? or am i misjudging how these changes may have affected people?

I would think that maybe depending how we go in the Carlton/Pies games that might give us a bit of a shot in the arm membership wise?

Although starting a season 3-0 i thought people would be itching to jump on board? or am i misjudging how these changes may have affected people?

I'd suggest the changes have shifted the balance between being a member and just buying tickets to the games they want to attend for a lot of people, rather than simply being about form.

Surely now with the win against Carlton we will get a jump in membership. The club needs to get the message out to the fans who have not signed up that we still have 10 home games out of a possible 11.

Surely now with the win against Carlton we will get a jump in membership. The club needs to get the message out to the fans who have not signed up that we still have 10 home games out of a possible 11.

Hirdy made the announcement during his press conference.

Biggest reason for not renewing this year was forced reserved seating (after 10 years).

Want to support the club and go to a few games with my wife / family, but not prepared to pay for multiple reserved seat memberships to do so.

I'm actually very surprised that we're only 5000 down on last year. Would have expected the drop to be more significant given the changes!

This may be silly, or it may even be in place, my membership was a gift so i dont know.

But an idea i had was that when buying the membership does the club ask for any funds to flight plan? Its probably happened to all of us but say when your at the supermarket and you buy your groceries and they ask if you want to buy a 5 dollar raffle ticket or something, MOST people say yeah and just chuck the extra 5 bucks onto their bill.

Could the club do something like that when people buy their memberships? (like i said before they may already) Just have a little tick box when your buying your membership "would you like to donate x amount" don't make it loads, just a really low number lets say 10. If we hit our 50k members and lets say 30k do it, that's 300k for the flight-plan in the blink of an eye.

That may have alleviated some of the membership losses we have had, a few people i know donated instead of getting a membership. This way people could do both. Probably a bit late, but just wanted to share it and see what people thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Membership 2013 #whateverittakes - 56,172 RECORD! (Well done to everyone)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back