Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

That reference by Nathan Grima painted such a good picture for me.

I'm keen to listen to him tomorrow.

I'm not sure I'd put him in the 'gravitas' category.

My recollections is that he was always a bit too much of a hot head. Chris always struck me as more zen.

These things do come with time.
Brad is Chris but with his fifa handsomeness and charisma ratings cranked down to 20.

Now I’m picturing a world where Geelong go back2back and Chris decides his time is up there and wants to reunite with Brad and help him get his flag as an assistant

Personally, feel this an extremely good get for the club. 4 years is plenty of time and no doubt, for triggers to be met, we have to be either Top 4, or in a GF.

The real interesting aspect is who the surrounds himself with. I’m hoping that Gia and Caracella stay on and if we are able to bring Selwood, I would be a very happy supporter. For this to work, the club need to have the best coaching group money can buy.

Despicable Me Smile GIF

Welcome our new overlord.

Very happy with this one. It is a safe choice but in a different way that Woosh was safe.

Woosh was brought in to steady things and keep the playing group calm during the suspensions. His appointment was still fully attached to and part of the saga, which ended in the botched/rushed/try and save face Rutten handover after an premature contract extension in 2018. To me he never looked hungry or never had that fire in the belly to drive a flag. He was the calm, experienced babysitter.

Scott is safe in a different way. He has 10 years senior coaching experience making it to 2 prelims. He played under Lethal in one the best teams ive seen, winning 2 flags, so he knows what it takes from a players perspective. He is naturally a fierce competitor. He seems like he has that fire in the belly to drive success. At only 46, he should still have the hunger for a flag, especially watching his twin win his 2nd. The playing group needs a rocket and we know he will give it. He has ties and inside knowledge of the AFL through his position there since 2019 and is widely respected in the industry. He will tell it exactly how it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he will do a much better job than he did with us, you just need quality line coaches, he didn't have the right structure with us and he wasn't given the support he needed back when he was inexperienced.

I think he will do better this time around, if he gets the right support.
Leonardo Dicaprio Lol GIF

Welcome. I’m looking forward to angry performances in the coaches box and press conferences. Oh and I suppose a few more wins too. That would be nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back