Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

And you have tunnel vision

And yet, he who laughs last.

His wife must be the one tasked with making sure the stove isn’t left on and the back door is locked because he sure as shit isn’t remembering to do the little things.

Another coaching masterclass!

McGrath kicking out a stroke and of genius. Perkins straight into the middle.

In all seriousness, there’ll be plenty of learnings. We were only 2.5 years older than the Crows per player, so it’s a very young squad.

If Hobbs is sub instead of Perkins we win.

His selection choices continue to be terrible.
I don’t know about criticism of selection decisions. Sometimes it’s pretty obvious but there’s heaps that goes into selection that we don’t see - attitude, grasp of the game plan and probably a bunch of others

Ya winnin’ on the forum son?

He’s certainly not.

I haven’t wavered on this or come late to the party so I’m not sure why or how anyone can possibly take issue.

He needs to change, or demonstrate you’re at least capable of change, or perish.

I can’t cop an experienced back to basics coach that doesn’t do the basics well and goes about it with as much naivety as he does.

And yet, he who laughs last.

His wife must be the one tasked with making sure the stove isn’t left on and the back door is locked because he sure as shit isn’t remembering to do the little things.
They are just not good enough. Nothing to do with how good or bad the coach is .
The only one’s laughing are laughing at you. A turd of a side is a turd of a side .
8 years. He is right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know about criticism of selection decisions. Sometimes it’s pretty obvious but there’s heaps that goes into selection that we don’t see - attitude, grasp of the game plan and probably a bunch of others
I see two slow rucks that can’t play together.

If our gameplan is to ball watch at every stoppage, I can see why Perkins is selected.

Not being privy to the inner workings of the club doesn’t mean selection can’t be criticised. We all get to watch what happens every weekend.

Better coaching would've won us the game tonight.

Alternatively better skill execution and decision making by the players also would've won us the game.

He’s certainly not.

I haven’t wavered on this or come late to the party so I’m not sure why or how anyone can possibly take issue.

He needs to change, or demonstrate you’re at least capable of change, or perish.

I can’t cop an experienced back to basics coach that doesn’t do the basics well and goes about it with as much naivety as he does.
Is it the coach not doing the basics or a list unable to execute the basics? I doubt there’s a coach in the AFL that could take the list as it stands right now any further than Scott has

If our gameplan is to ball watch at every stoppage, I can see why Perkins is selected.

Not being privy to the inner workings of the club doesn’t mean selection can’t be criticised. We all get to watch what happens every weekend.
Exactly right. You don't have to be at training every week to be able to realise what we're doing poorly.

Wright v Goldstein was a non issue anyway.

But there’s every chance you’re judging it by completely different criteria than the coach. We don’t know for example if Hobbs and Setterfield were set some specific tasks to work on before they’d be considered for selection. I don’t disagree that they may have performed better than Perkins but there is likely more to the decision than that.

Is it the coach not doing the basics or a list unable to execute the basics? I doubt there’s a coach in the AFL that could take the list as it stands right now any further than Scott has
Coach can only do so much.

Soo many brain fades with our possession game. Having said that, players seemed to be playing all over the shop re positions. Like watching seagulls after a chip at times.

Notwithstanding Perkins had a shocker, we need to inject the sub earlier in games IMO.

Watching that game it seems to me that the biggest issue we have is skill and composure. Not much the coach can do about that without turning the list over and bringing in cleaner and more skilled players
Agree partly. I think nearly every AFL player has skill. It's the ability to execute that skill under pressure that counts.

We look great when we can free wheel. But when the blowtorch is applied (whether it be through opposition pressure on the field and/or media or external pressure), many of our players cannot handle it. I don't know if that's personality, or coaching, or a combination.

Always Sunny Fx GIF
Always Sunny Reaction GIF
its always sunny in philadelphia carol GIF

Coach can only do so much.

Soo many brain fades with our possession game. Having said that, players seemed to be playing all over the shop re positions. Like watching seagulls after a chip at times.

Notwithstanding Perkins had a shocker, we need to inject the sub earlier in games IMO.
Yep - however, from a coaching perspective - we kinda looked like we had the game under control uintil the last 5 minutes.

Yep - however, from a coaching perspective - we kinda looked like we had the game under control uintil the last 5 minutes.
Yeah, the Langford miss & Caddy not passing to stringer were coach killers.

I honestly thought the players looked like they thought we were over the line when we got to 15 up in the last. It is the 1%ers in the dying minutes we are not good at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back