Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

There is definitely mental demons with this group.

I can't stand the this crap of, it will take 8 years, we are not ready, etc. etc. No 5 year plan ever works. Players become negative and give up if the rhetoric is we will be good when YOUR career is over!

Look at Hawks, just take the game on and see where it takes you. Look how Massimo is starring but we could not see it.

Footy is here and now. With Tassie coming in the 8 year plan is bound to fail.
Absolutely mental demons in the group, i want scott to change the messaging next year from we are not ready to we are ready, we are aiming to not only make finals this year, but to win them. To many outs for the players under the current messaging.

I thought after the adelaide and st kilda losses that we were at our lowest ebb, last night proved me wrong, just a diabolical loss, if i was brad scott i would walk away from this club, no coach has been able to fix the mental issues at this club and that includes bomber thompson. If i was a player such as merrett, caldwell, durham, caddy, i would get out of the club if i wanted any sort of success in my career.

To say massimo is starring is following the media bias, he is doing ok avg 19 disposals and lacking on the defensive and forward side as a winger is not killing it.

Sure but that’s no reason to put down the talls, or their selection.

We’ve fluctuated between undersized and oversized all season. Stringer and Langford have proven that they can’t play as Talls. So they are being trialled as pressure players/mediums/smalls because of our lack of depth in the spot. (And big reputations)

For the future that has to change and one of stringer or Langford likely needs to be dropped, but the big issue tonight was missing shots at goal they should have made
Stringer should be moved on. Langers is playing injured and has been since Gold Coast game

I don’t think he’s capable of selling anything to anyone but it’s a blessing the season is almost done, because I don’t see how you sell the plan to the group after that.

That is probably our most comprehensive front half game for 2 years and there’s no result.
No coach has been able to sell a message to this group so at least he's got some company

There is definitely mental demons with this group.

I can't stand the this crap of, it will take 8 years, we are not ready, etc. etc. No 5 year plan ever works. Players become negative and give up if the rhetoric is we will be good when YOUR career is over!

Look at Hawks, just take the game on and see where it takes you. Look how Massimo is starring but we could not see it.

Footy is here and now. With Tassie coming in the 8 year plan is bound to fail.
To do what the Hawks are doing you need the specific personnel.
Mitchell stated his take over plan when he got back to Box Hill and then got Clarkson removed early when he wanted to change the plan.
They have been going at their plan for 4 years now.

and the one before it, and the one before that
Brad Scott was 100% on the money when he spoke about the AFL lifestyle a year ago. The culture of the club and the playing lists haven't moved past the 90's where gifted players could eek out a career without having to work hard off the field or bothering to learn the tactical side of the game. You just can't get away with that anymore no matter how good you are.

Yep. What I mean is, there's a good lot of supporters who are delusional about our list and its ability, and a win would have confirmef that bias.
Hopefully 3 consecutive years without making finals and limp showings in marquee games have rid them of that delusion…. But then again, this is Essington 🥳

He needs to look at his brother.

Chris played Bruhn, Bowes, Humphries,Dempsey, Clark when Geelong had a crisis. He didn't gives games to Parfitt and the like unless it was dire.

Brad : PLAY THE KIDS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To blow the sort of dominance we had in the last is 100% on the playing group not the coach.

The list is what it is. A middling defence with an improving midfield and a terrible forward Line (and mediocre leadership). We will finish on the ladder pretty much where our list would rank but I think the good news for Scott is that he's still getting the effort others have failed to. If he's on top of this group in that way then we will experience success in alignment with our list improvements. Given where we've been that would be a solid turnaround.

He needs to look at his brother.

Chris played Bruhn, Bowes, Humphries,Dempsey, Clark when Geelong had a crisis. He didn't gives games to Parfitt and the like unless it was dire.

Brad : PLAY THE KIDS!

We played our youngest side of the season last night.

With forward marking options such as Langford, Caddy, Stringer and Jones somehow we end up with Draper as the spearhead.
While the good teams look for an agile dangerous front 6, we still play the "ruck forwards" like it's 1985.
Also Zerk Thatcher >>> Laverde
D'ambrosio >>> Hind
Bryan >>> Goldstein etc

Bzzt... next

With forward marking options such as Langford, Caddy, Stringer and Jones somehow we end up with Draper as the spearhead.
While the good teams look for an agile dangerous front 6, we still play the "ruck forwards" like it's 1985.
Also Zerk Thatcher >>> Laverde
D'ambrosio >>> Hind
Bryan >>> Goldstein etc

Bzzt... next

Sydney play Amarty
GWS cadman + Other guy who’s a Coleman chance that I’m forgetting
Collingwood McStay/Cox
Brisbane Danniher
Freo Treacy/Jackson
Geelong Hawkins

All the best teams in the com are playing big unit talls as their FF

Sydney play Amarty
GWS cadman + Other guy who’s a Coleman chance that I’m forgetting
Collingwood McStay/Cox
Brisbane Danniher
Freo Treacy/Jackson
Geelong Hawkins

All the best teams in the com are playing big unit talls as their FF
Give me a break. Geelong premiership forward line consisted of Hawkins & Cameron. 3 guys under 6 foot in Miers, Close & Stengle. The 3rd tall was Rohan at 6 ft 2. In Collingwood premiership McStay was out and Cox filled in.
None of the other teams you cited have won anything.
You overlooked Richmond who had Riewoldt & Lynch. Plus 3 small under 6 foot ie Castagna, Bolton & Rioli. The other forward consisted of a mid rotation usually Martin, Lambert or Edwards.3 flags in 4 years.
Context my dear fellow.

Give me a break. Geelong premiership forward line consisted of Hawkins & Cameron. 3 guys under 6 foot in Miers, Close & Stengle. The 3rd tall was Rohan at 6 ft 2. In Collingwood premiership McStay was out and Cox filled in.
None of the other teams you cited have won anything.
You overlooked Richmond who had Riewoldt & Lynch. Plus 3 small under 6 foot ie Castagna, Bolton & Rioli. The other forward consisted of a mid rotation usually Martin, Lambert or Edwards.3 flags in 4 years.
Context my dear fellow.

Confused Greys Anatomy GIF by ABC Network

His selections are questionable, but I don't think it would really matter who coaches this team - we're mentally weak and have been for years.

If Brad gets dropped next year then just let Hird coach and turn the Club into a sports entertainment entity. If we're in the same position in twelve months then it is very clear the Club isn't driven for success.

To blow the sort of dominance we had in the last is 100% on the playing group not the coach.

The list is what it is. A middling defence with an improving midfield and a terrible forward Line (and mediocre leadership). We will finish on the ladder pretty much where our list would rank but I think the good news for Scott is that he's still getting the effort others have failed to. If he's on top of this group in that way then we will experience success in alignment with our list improvements. Given where we've been that would be a solid turnaround.
Could not agree more with this. I said to my old man earlier, that aside from a couple of games the effort and will has been pretty consistent. The blokes out there are just not very good footballers. That’s not Brads fault. Yes he could’ve been more ruthless at selection but you can’t really coach afl players to not kick 1.9 in a quarter. Hence a lot of players are not afl standard

I actually don’t mind that. Until such time as they play quality football consistently, the club should be given minimal prime time slots. And that logic should be applied to all clubs.
In addition the AFL could think about taking away the ‘marquee’ slots for a while. The club is rewarded for mediocrity by the media and prime time fixtures no matter how crap we are. Maybe taking away the ‘toys’ for a few years might shake things up a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back