Merged DTM Mock Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Post GF DTM Mock Draft - 2 Round Draft

i dont think the crows will take johnston over hartlett and i will be pissed if they do. I know we need a key foward but we have a couple to develop already on the list and craig has said that.

Is the Walsh named for the dogs former number 4 draft pick Tim Walsh's younger brother? Would the dogs risk this after the disaster with Tim? Does anyone know if he is rated better than his brother?

To force the Bulldogs to use their first pick on Cordy, someone will have to bid for him in the first 13 picks if I read the rule right. And be prepared to use it if the Bullies don't put their hand up for their first pick. Is that likely to happen? I'm not sure how good the kid is, but I've got a feeling the Bullies will get him a bit cheaper than that. 2nd round maybe.

To force the Bulldogs to use their first pick on Cordy, someone will have to bid for him in the first 13 picks if I read the rule right. And be prepared to use it if the Bullies don't put their hand up for their first pick. Is that likely to happen? I'm not sure how good the kid is, but I've got a feeling the Bullies will get him a bit cheaper than that. 2nd round maybe.
Someone will Defintaly Bid on Him - Rated as a Top 5 Pick

Someone will Defintaly Bid on Him - Rated as a Top 5 Pick

Well I hope so if thats the case. Leaves an extra player available in the 2nd round for everyone else.

Is the Walsh named for the dogs former number 4 draft pick Tim Walsh's younger brother? Would the dogs risk this after the disaster with Tim? Does anyone know if he is rated better than his brother?
no chance to go 2bd round would be high pick 60-80s id think rate plenty of talls not mentioned before him

1st pick: Adelaide will go Hartlett if available.. which now I have a feeling he will.

2nd pick: Adelaide will go Swift; amazing player I highly doubt he will be there.

3rd pick: Shoenmakers will go around here atm.. I would be happy to get him.

Craig has told people he wants a tall with his first; but when it coes to draft day and Hartlett may be available.. you might have to wait a few minutes till an answer... we wil be asking Trengove, Johnstone or Hartlett...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cause Adelaide would pass up Ebert?

Oh wait...
Our recruiters rated Dangerfield top 3 last year:

Matt Rendall featured a bit in Emma Quayles new book 'The Draft'

In it he listed his top 10 players from the draft that he had at the time
  1. Kreuzer
  2. Cotchin
  3. Dangerfield
  4. Myers
  5. Morton
  6. Henderson
  7. Ebert
  8. S.Selwood
  9. Rance
  10. Lobbe
Certainly differs from the list that Hawthorn had, which greatly mirrored what transpired on draft day.

A few other key points
Dangerfield was once ranked above Cotchin. Rendall thought that Dangerfield could tag out Cotchin if he needed to, but Cotchin couldn't do the same to Dangerfield due to his pace. Cotchin eventually went above him cause there was less 'rough edges'

Rioli was considered but decided against because of his poor testing and the possible psycholgical pressure of moving states. Also mentioned that he could take a long time to develop.

Not sure if any of this was known already, sorry if it was. If not, feel free to discuss.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=12512158

Our recruiters rate Hartlett high and will go him if available.

1st pick: Adelaide will go Hartlett if available.. which now I have a feeling he will.

2nd pick: Adelaide will go Swift; amazing player I highly doubt he will be there.

3rd pick: Shoenmakers will go around here atm.. I would be happy to get him.
I wish people woud stop sprouting crap like this. :rolleyes:

How the **** would anyone know who their recruiters are looking at other than what is said in tiny tidbits of information in the press?

Can people stop saying crap like this. :rolleyes:

How the **** would anyone know who their recruiters are looking at other than what is said in tiny tidbits of information in the press?

Exactly and it's not like they're going to give you anything of real substance in the press ... why would they want to show their cards?

I wish people woud stop sprouting crap like this. :rolleyes:

My mum is friends with a lady who is great mates with one of the recruiters.
He said Adelaide are keen on getting tall, but will probably aim for best available.
They dont want to say much.
Although they are keen and hope Hartlett is available at their pick.
If not they will go for a forward (probably Trengove, Johnstone.. so on.)

But if Swift is available at round 2, I wouldnt mind getting Trengove/Johnstone 1st round, Swift 2nd round.

You never know though

My mum is friends with a lady who is great mates with one of the recruiters.
He said Adelaide are keen on getting tall, but will probably aim for best available.
They dont want to say much.
Although they are keen and hope Hartlett is available at their pick.
If not they will go for a forward (probably Trengove, Johnstone.. so on.)

But if Swift is available at round 2, I wouldnt mind getting Trengove/Johnstone 1st round, Swift 2nd round.

You never know though
But that means nothing.

Great, Adelaide will aim for "best available" - like another 12 clubs.

You have just listed a few guys who are likely to be around your picks according to BigFooty.

No recruiting manager in their right mind would start telling all they see who they are keen on. Once the camp comes around you get a bit of an indication about who is keen on who, but I am yet to see a Phantom Draft that matches more than 30% with the real thing.

If Hartlett is at our pick at 9 then we will take him without a shadow of doubt

Where is Mitch Robinson???

Personally i think Melbourne will not take a ruckmen at 17 or 19, because Roughead probably isnt good enough to pick there.
And also i dont think Heyne has enough pace for us to pick him up.

Pick 1- Watts
Pick 17- Robinson
Pick 19-Blease
If we do that, weve built a premiership winning midfield of

Mclean, Grimes, Morton, Robinson, Blease, Jones and others such as Maric, Davey, Moloney

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged DTM Mock Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back