Merged Tarrant Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't answer my question, why is it stupid to suggest Anthony's 2009 was better than Dawes' 2010 season? Dawes is obviously the better player this year and probably in the future but that has nothing to do with the past does it?

Anthony was consistent all year for us in 2009, we needed a forward target to kick goals and Anthony stood up for us while Dawes was up and down early this year and got dropped a few times, however he hit form at the right time of the season and we won a premiership.

Again, why is it stupid to suggest Anthony's '09 was better than Dawes' '10

Consistent was he? I must have missed his stellar finals campaign. Simply does not do enough when he does not have the ball. Dawes does his 2010 was so much better because it imprived the side (along with others) and we took a massive step forward.

Sides studied Anthony and worked him out, bring the ball to ground and its all over. If his 2009 was so good why does no one want him. Half a rumour of Carlton sniffing around but thats it.

The market never lies, they do not place high value on him.

Read our board last year, people were happy to let him go because they thought he was lazy and his attitude stunk.

I'm happy to back Anthony. None of our other KP forwards offer better similar pressure, but only Anthony gets condemned. He comes off as a bit of a prick, so that might be why. He was equal 9th in in side 50 tackles in 2009, he was going at 4 tackles a game this year. He puts in the effort in his chases.

Anyway, we're all going around in circle. Only time can answer this.

He was going at less then a goal a game this year. Not bad for a FF, maybe thats why they dropped him... u think?

He was going at less then a goal a game this year. Not bad for a FF, maybe thats why they dropped him... u think?
Wasn't played at FF this year in AFL. He was put on a forward flank, and also used down back.

Was horrific as a flanker. Was solid as a backman. Was not a FF.

Sides studied Anthony and worked him out, bring the ball to ground and its all over. If his 2009 was so good why does no one want him. Half a rumour of Carlton sniffing around but thats it.

I'll point to Wellingham once again. St Kilda didn't want him, the Roos prefered to keep their second round pick than get Wellingham and downgrade their second round pick to pick 30. Fairly sure it wasn't even 10 spots away from ours, and they still weren't interested in him.

The market isn't always spot on.

Read our board last year, people were happy to let him go because they thought he was lazy and his attitude stunk.

I'm happy to back Anthony. None of our other KP forwards offer better similar pressure, but only Anthony gets condemned. He comes off as a bit of a prick, so that might be why. He was equal 9th in in side 50 tackles in 2009, he was going at 4 tackles a game this year. He puts in the effort in his chases.

Anyway, we're all going around in circle. Only time can answer this.

So there are 6 forwards and he comes 9th in inside 50 tackles despite spening nearly the whole season inside 50. You just defeated your own argument.

Anyway, we're all going around in circle. Only time can answer this.[/quote]

His time has already come mate.

Consistent was he? I must have missed his stellar finals campaign. Simply does not do enough when he does not have the ball. Dawes does his 2010 was so much better because it imprived the side (along with others) and we took a massive step forward.

Yeah, I kinda agree with that, but he has had 2 seasons where he has an interrupted pre-season.

I think he can be better but I agree with you Dawes is light years in front of him.

If Jack really wanted to go, I think he is worth a late 2nd round pick at best, good luck to any club that picks him up

No one wants him because he had a shit 2010, why is this so hard to understand?

Wasn't played at FF this year in AFL. He was put on a forward flank, and also used down back.

Was horrific as a flanker. Was solid as a backman. Was not a FF.

So couldnt find a spot for him up forward, despite his fantastic 50 goals :thumbsu:

So couldnt find a spot for him up forward, despite his fantastic 50 goals :thumbsu:
Like I said, he had shoulder surgery pre-season. He was still trying to strengthen the muscle around his shoulder joint. He was way out of shape and didn't stat training properly till March I think.

He wasn't in our best 22 on performance then because of this. Surely you can see why? You cannot just walk into an AFL season without preparation.

See this is the crap I never understand

Why would Freo give up Palmer?

How would it even come into consideration?

Hey I know, why don't we throw in Pendlebury, that'll get the deal done :rolleyes:

Why would Freo give up Palmer? Appartenly he is on the table.

How would it even come into consideration? Good footballer.

Hey I know, why don't we throw in Pendlebury, that'll get the deal done. Your a muppet.

No one wants him because he had a shit 2010, why is this so hard to understand?

Because his 2009 was awesome.

Dont you get it! He was so awesome in 2009 that Fremantle are dumb ****s to not take him based on that.

Dont you get that he is best 22, but only if we take his 2009 form and not the form he showed this year.

Dont you get that he was ranked 9th in tackles inside 50....9th!!!

Dont you get that he is better then Dawes and Dawes is only holding his spot down for the short time.

You just dont get it do ya :rolleyes:

Anyway, we're all going around in circle. Only time can answer this.[/quote]

His time has already come mate.

Rhys Palmer board.

Like I said, he had shoulder surgery pre-season. He was still trying to strengthen the muscle around his shoulder joint. He was way out of shape and didn't stat training properly till March I think.

He wasn't in our best 22 on performance then because of this. Surely you can see why? You cannot just walk into an AFL season without preparation.

Well he played round 1 and 2 so evidently you can just walk into an AFL season without preparation :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he played round 1 and 2 so evidently you can just walk into an AFL season without preparation :thumbsu:
Yeh, you know what I meant. You can obviously physically walk out onto a field. You can't be effective.

Honestly, after all the information I've given you, you don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to have continued his 2009 form?

Because his 2009 was awesome.

Dont you get it! He was so awesome in 2009 that Fremantle are dumb ****s to not take him based on that.

Dont you get that he is best 22, but only if we take his 2009 form and not the form he showed this year.

Dont you get that he was ranked 9th in tackles inside 50....9th!!!

Dont you get that he is better then Dawes and Dawes is only holding his spot down for the short time.

You just dont get it do ya :rolleyes:

You're wasting your breath (typing fingers lol) they don't get that anthony isn't what you guys want or need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back