Traded Michael Hibberd [traded to Melbourne with pick 59 for picks 29 and 68]

Remove this Banner Ad

No he didn't want out he's leaving because Melbourne offered a better deal also playing under Goodwin and along side his mate Melksham would have been another lure.
This isn't true at all. Goodwin contacted him and he was on board before anything was agreed on. Wanted a fresh start, the drugs fiasco killed him. I'm sure it's hard for fans to take but he just wanted to GTFO.

This isn't true at all. Goodwin contacted him and he was on board before anything was agreed on. Wanted a fresh start, the drugs fiasco killed him. I'm sure it's hard for fans to take but he just wanted to GTFO.

Did you not listen to Hibberds interview?

Hibberd said leaving Essendon was one of the hardest things he had to do hardly sounds like a bloke who wanted to gtfo because of the drugs also said he'll be happy to stay at EFC if a deal can't be reached so again you are wrong.

Hibberd said leaving Essendon was one of the hardest things he had to do hardly sounds like a bloke who wanted to gtfo because of the drugs also said he'll be happy to stay at EFC if a deal can't be reached so again you are wrong.
Nah you can believe the press releases, I'll go with the horse's mouth. :thumbsu:

No press release this came straight from Hibberd when he went on radio.
Yeah it's PR for the BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!!

He isn't going to go on radio and upset y'all by saying he couldn't get out the joint fast enough.

It always amazes me that opposition supporters suddenly have an inside source in your team when a trade occurs between two clubs.

It always amazes me that opposition supporters suddenly have an inside source in your team when a trade occurs between two clubs.
Doubling down after making a clown of yourself on the dees board I see.

nah, I'll leave that to you, like you've done in this thread. I heard hibberd talk about how difficult it was to leave Essendon, not sure why you're trying to play that angle when you're clearly wrong.
Things went well for you last time you didn't believe me about Hibberd too. :thumbsu:

Things went well for you last time you didn't believe me about Hibberd too. :thumbsu:

In your mind you won an argument on bigfooty, congratulations.

What's really funny is that you've remembered it and brought it up, you must have a boring life.

I heard Hibberd say that himself so I really don't care what you think you know.

Oh, and just so you realise, my original post was actually aimed at Eth-dog who claims to know exactly how much Melbourne footballers get paid through a magical inside source, so yeah, I know you'd like everything to be about you but it isn't. I actually didn't see your posts in this thread.

In your mind you won an argument on bigfooty, congratulations.

What's really funny is that you've remembered it and brought it up, you must have a boring life.

I heard Hibberd say that himself so I really don't care what you think you know.

Oh, and just so you realise, my original post was actually aimed at Eth-dog who claims to know exactly how much Melbourne footballers get paid through a magical inside source, so yeah, I know you'd like everything to be about you but it isn't. I actually didn't see your posts in this thread.
Fair enough, my bad. Yeah he was clearly making stuff up about the pay. Most of Hibberd's best mates are the banned Bombers guys so it would be hard to leave the club still doesn't change that he wanted a fresh start away from the club that ruined a fair chunk of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, my bad. Yeah he was clearly making stuff up about the pay. Most of Hibberd's best mates are the banned Bombers guys so it would be hard to leave the club still doesn't change that he wanted a fresh start away from the club that ruined a fair chunk of his career.

Oh, and you did towel me up in that argument a couple of weeks back :)

It's entirely possible that Hibberd was unhappy with the whole saga of the past few years. I'd say all players involved would be. And maybe he wanted a fresh start. He's not a young a guy of the calabire of Heppell of Hurley who could cash in on the situation and he's not one or two years from the end. Means he can get a decent crack at a new club and an improved contract.

Did you not listen to Hibberds interview?

No

With all due respect this has been known for sometime.

Demons are not prepared to give up 2nd round pick by itself ... ball firmly in Bombers court. Dont think this deal will get done as quickly as many say ( unless Hogan goes which Im not prepared to speculate on )

Dees will either front up with pick 26 or something better than 26 or piggy will play with Essendon. How is the ball firmly in the Bombers court ? Dee's are doing the poaching, played is contracted and prepared to stay. I'd say the Dee's have to come up with a deal to satisfy Essendon

Dees will either front up with pick 26 or something better than 26 or piggy will play with Essendon. How is the ball firmly in the Bombers court ? Dee's are doing the poaching, played is contracted and prepared to stay. I'd say the Dee's have to come up with a deal to satisfy Essendon

My understanding was the Demons have put an offer forward. Essendon not keen ... Also was told Essendon are not keen on paying players that would prefer to be elsewhere. I dont think he will be at Essendon and the offer will be less than pick 26 ... but time will tell.

dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg

Standard posturing by both sides, but logic will prevail at the end of the day and pick 26 will be traded for Hibberd.
Yep, and probably on Day 1. This thread is hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Michael Hibberd [traded to Melbourne with pick 59 for picks 29 and 68]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back