Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

nutbeennn

Senior List
Mar 22, 2004
Head for head - who is/was the better footballer
leigh Matthews or Michael Voss.

I have mad brisbane fan here who said if they both came up in the draft knowing what we know now he would take voss. ppppftt !

matthews so i could see the dirty sniping fat **** crying like the true sook he is after get chaired off after another smashing by essendon in a gf.

voss is a champion bloke and player.

matthews is a dog bloke , a dirty player and a sook

best image in footy is lethal the ****ing tough man bawling his eyes out after the 85 gf

weak , coward, snide fat ****

michael voss may one day be as great as lethal...

one day...

till then lethal.

best two players I've seen.

lethal 1 voss 2

although lethal has it all over vossy as a coach to date:D

Originally posted by electricsix
matthews so i could see the dirty sniping fat **** crying like the true sook he is after get chaired off after another smashing by essendon in a gf.

best image in footy is lethal the ****ing tough man bawling his eyes out after the 85 gf

How you can call Matthews weak is a bit beyond me. He was one of the toughest going around.

And to call him a dog bloke is a fraction below the belt isn't it. How do you know? Have you ever met him ? What has he ever done to you ?

looks like someone has hit the turps a bit early today.

Seriously mate, calm down, your 4 posts today would make the most violent bomber supporter cringe

How about you get a life, and then quickly end it you miserable excuse for a plant.

Originally posted by ViperV10
How about you get a life, and then quickly end it you miserable excuse for a plant.

Looks like electrcsix hit a nerve, Matthews was a thug, pure & simple, I think it is a disgrace comparing a champion like Voss to him.

Voss, everyday of the week & twice on sundays, saying that I would take Hird over Voss. :D

Originally posted by mantis
Looks like electrcsix hit a nerve, Matthews was a thug, pure & simple, I think it is a disgrace comparing a champion like Voss to him.

Voss, everyday of the week & twice on sundays, saying that I would take Hird over Voss. :D

always interesting when you compare footballers of different era's. Can i ask how old you are ?
Reason for the question is that you would really have to be 45 plus to say you saw all of matthews career and be able to make a proper judgement on the question. Are you at least 40 plus ?

Originally posted by nutbeennn
always interesting when you compare footballers of different era's. Can i ask how old you are ?
Reason for the question is that you would really have to be 45 plus to say you saw all of matthews career and be able to make a proper judgement on the question. Are you at least 40 plus ?

Nearly 43, so yes I am able to judge from what I saw & not hearsay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by mantis
Nearly 43, so yes I am able to judge from what I saw & not hearsay.

just checking......
had arguments with people on what they have read and heard and not seen.
Matthews record speaks for itself. granted - he did some things during his career which he should not be proud of but as i said 6 times leading goal kicker for his club, 4 premierships, 8 best and fairests and 4th on all time goal kicking, not to mention ask 20 football scribes and the vast majoirty have him at one or at worst two.
Voss may go on to be "the greatest" but as of now i think matthews and as for the comment - comparing the two is a disgrace should zero knowledge of footy.

There is no comparison between Voss and Matthews.

Voss is a superb powerful player who has overcome frequent and chronic injuries to make himself one of the top midfielders around.

Matthews was harder, more skilled, dirtier, more consistent, more of a winner (yes its true!), and a worse captain. Voss is not in his league, very few are.

You often wonder if players of 'ahem' older vintage would cut it in todays athletic game but somehow you think Lethal would easily make it.

Would have to watch the elbows though

This is a great question and one that will definitely be discussed again and again and again. For mine, Voss but only because of the era he has played in and only by a fraction.

Matthews is considered one of the best all-time, and perhaps once he retires so will Voss, but until then, Matthews in my book.

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Voss or Leigh Matthews ??

Back