Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It is the MSD ... they are all pretty much list cloggers ...they are the toys that other people threw away or never wanted in the first place ...

how many AFL games have Coulthard, Tresize and Bauer played in total ... would have to be less than 10 ... and even with this injury plague all will play VFL this week.

So with Hopper still hobbling around , Taranto a month away and Ross two months ... who do you propose can help get the ball into our front half ...

you do realize that we have kicked the ball to Tom Lynch more than any other player than Mykelti this season ... that is how few entries we have had since he was injured ... he has played 3 out of 10 games for FFS
They’ve all been injured , Bauer especially. If he can get some continuity with his footy he maybe a player he has the traits and has dominated at VFL , who knows if his body can stand up , tresize too . I’m not sure about coult , haven’t seen enough to make a call , at this stage , possible delisting

I've never heard of those. :tearsofjoy:
season 1 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

Seems like norf may take geordie payne, would make sense given they have hired thursfield and he probably buys into the philosophy of taking best available and trade for need

Unfortunately when your need is a kpf a trade will cost 2 picks inside top 10 or 3 inside top 20. If you get a chance to pick a good kpf early no matter which draft it’s worth a try.

He looks to be a bigger version of broady to me , has performed very well avg 7 marks a game tells me he has a clue getting to the right spaces be it intercept or on the offensive . If our recruiters deem him best avail I’m ok with that
And Broady didn’t look anything special to begin with.

I think Trent Bianco and Brynn Teakle are both worth a crack.
Dunno about Bianco just seems like a soft midfielder from what I have seen of him when he was at the pies

Would probably be up against Sonsie for a spot on field so would prefer we just persist with Sonsie who has the bigger upside imo

The more this goes on and the more I analyse our list, to me the smart choice with our first pick is either Joe Pike or Noah Howes. I personally think Joe Pike has the higher chance to be an AFL success.

We have Nankervis as a ruck then Samson Ryan. Thats it. I don’t count Cat B players. Naismith is now gone unfortunately.

List analysis to me makes Joe Pike the choice for me. He’s absolutely killing it in the Coates League. 203cm ruck with good game around the ground. Looks to me the type of ruck who can be an AFL standard.

The more this goes on and the more I analyse our list, to me the smart choice with our first pick is either Joe Pike or Noah Howes. I personally think Joe Pike has the higher chance to be an AFL success.

We have Nankervis as a ruck then Samson Ryan. Thats it. I don’t count Cat B players. Naismith is now gone unfortunately.

List analysis to me makes Joe Pike the choice for me. He’s absolutely killing it in the Coates League. 203cm ruck with good game around the ground. Looks to me the type of ruck who can be an AFL standard.
Hoping we are after Moyle. Pike will take some time we need a number 1 ruck  asap since last year 😁

RICHMOND

Available list spots prior to Round 11:

As an unfortunate result of ACL injuries to Josh Gibcus, Judson Clarke and most recently Sam Naismith, the Tigers could make as many as three selections next Wednesday.

Richmond presently holds picks 2, 17 and 24. A Dreamtime at the ‘G loss to Essendon and a North Melbourne win over Port Adelaide in Hobart would net the Tigers the first overall choice at next Wednesday’s proceedings.

Players considered to be at the top of the draft pool include Tasmania’s Geordie Payne, Collingwood VFL’s Jack Hutchinson and West Perth’s Jasper Scaife. But the Tigers will surely assess the key-position markets.

They’ve been linked to 196cm Peel Thunder defender Jacob Blight, who’s had an excellent WAFL league season and recently starred for his state against South Australia.

Could they look at 200cm forward-ruck Toby Murray? He’s shown glimpses as a forward, as well as back-up ruck ability, for Adelaide’s SANFL side this year.

The Tigers could also look at ex-Power ruck Brynn Teakle, or could look to bring in Joe Pike in more of a development selection. Pike (203cm, 19 years old) has been one of the Coates Talent League’s most impressive rucks so far this season, booting 3.3 and averaging 15.2 disposals, 3.8 tackles, 3.4 marks and 24.4 hit-outs from five games.

Richmond VFL defender Mutaz El Nour loomed as a name to watch next Wednesday, with the VFL Tigers pumping out plenty of AFL-level talent in recent years with Hawthorn’s Massimo D’Ambrosio and Essendon’s Sam Durham plucked from Richmond’s reserves. But El Nour recently suffered a shoulder injury that will likely sideline him for a couple of months — and considering the Tigers’ current injury crisis, it’s unlikely they’ll turn to him.

Agree Bob. 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pike had 30 hitouts and two goals on VFL debut last weekend. There's room on our list for another developing ruckman, but as tigs2010 said, I'd only go for him if we're not after Moyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back