List Mgmt. Mid-season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we actually register to be involved in the mid season draft? Cut off was midnight.

Registration is for players. Any club that has a vacant list spot as of the end of Round 11 will be able to add to their list via the Mid-Season Draft.

Registration is for players. Any club that has a vacant list spot as of the end of Round 11 will be able to add to their list via the Mid-Season Draft.
Thanks. I really should think through sometimes and you are correct. The proper question is do we know if SPP has been moved over to the inactive list? I don’t think it’s automatic because SPP is out injured for the season. I believe there is a cut off date and time for this. My understanding is if we do not do this, then we won’t be participating. Am I right?

Thanks. I really should think through sometimes and you are correct. The proper question is do we know if SPP has been moved over to the inactive list? I don’t think it’s automatic because SPP is out injured for the season. I believe there is a cut off date and time for this. My understanding is if we do not do this, then we won’t be participating. Am I right?

I haven't heard that they have done that, not that what I've heard counts for much :p

It sounds like we are looking at players so if it hasn't happened already it probably will before the due date.

No point being one short on your list when there is the opportunity to top up.

THIS weekend's results will shape the order of next week's mid-season rookie draft, with up to 26 selections now able to be used around the competition.
Clubs will advise the AFL this week of their intentions on how many spots they are likely to open due to long-term injuries and retirements, but have until next Tuesday to formalise the movements given there could still be injuries from round 11.

Can someone answer this question. If we do put SPP to the inactive list and pick up a player what contract term does the player sign for?

Because if it is >6 months it would mean we have to delist another player at the end of the season.

So aren't we saying we can find a better player in the mid season draft than what we can as our last pick of the 2024 draft?

And in my opinion results say we are better taking the draft pick.

Can someone answer this question. If we do put SPP to the inactive list and pick up a player what contract term does the player sign for?

Because if it is >6 months it would mean we have to delist another player at the end of the season.

So aren't we saying we can find a better player in the mid season draft than what we can as our last pick of the 2024 draft?

And in my opinion results say we are better taking the draft pick.

Eligible players can nominate the following:

• A short-term contract ending on 31 October, 2024 ($50,000), with $20,000 paid to the player if they are not re-signed by their current Club, picked up as a delisted free agent, selected in the next National or Rookie Draft or selected in the next SSP (with the $20,000 to be paid after the SSP closes, noting it will not be included in the TPP)

• A contract ending on 31 October in the following year, with the player treated as per any other player at the end of that contract.

NOTE: Any player who nominates this contract length cannot be offered a shorter contract.

Eligible players can nominate the following:

• A short-term contract ending on 31 October, 2024 ($50,000), with $20,000 paid to the player if they are not re-signed by their current Club, picked up as a delisted free agent, selected in the next National or Rookie Draft or selected in the next SSP (with the $20,000 to be paid after the SSP closes, noting it will not be included in the TPP)

• A contract ending on 31 October in the following year, with the player treated as per any other player at the end of that contract.

NOTE: Any player who nominates this contract length cannot be offered a shorter contract.
In my personal opinion, if you are looking for a more mature recruit and are prepared to wait you can find a better player in the delisted free agents list in the next draft. People who think back end draft picks and rookie list picks are useless then we should fill our rookie list with SANFL players in the rookie draft.

We will delist and trade least 5.

We've already pretty much got our draft players selected with Lou Montgomery, Rome Burgoyne and Benny Barrett from the academy.

We may even pick up Ky Burgoyne late?

Maybe a Cat B ruck project from somewhere?

None of these players cost us real picks.
Yes agree with what you're saying here. With the assumption these 3 will be taken with late picks we will only use our 2nd round pick to take a player.

Retirees are likely to be

Boak
McKenzie
Evans delisted if out of contract
Narkle delisted if out of contract

Are Evans and Narkle rookies if so don't we need to delist more guys on the actual list?

So to go any further will require a trade or a young guy to be delisted to bring in a mid season player unless its a 6 month contract or Ky Burgoyne in the draft.

Yes agree with what you're saying here. With the assumption these 3 will be taken with late picks we will only use our 2nd round pick to take a player.

Retirees are likely to be

Boak
McKenzie
Evans delisted if out of contract
Narkle delisted if out of contract

Are Evans and Narkle rookies if so don't we need to delist more guys on the actual list?

So to go any further will require a trade or a young guy to be delisted to bring in a mid season player unless its a 6 month contract or Ky Burgoyne in the draft.
Evans is on the main list. He was picked up as a delisted free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have now officially moved SPP to the inactive list.
And Logan Evans has nominated an 18 month contract. This indicates to me that we have promised to select him. No “top up” player, desperate for a shot at the big time, nominates an 18 month contract- that discourages potential suitors- without being promised a spot.

From what I read he is a 19 yo formerly from Norwood who came to us as a top up this year. 28 possessions in one impressive game. Listed as a rover in this week’s Maggies.

Can anyone tell me more about him? Speed? Tackling? Could he play forward in the Pep role?

And Logan Evans has nominated an 18 month contract. This indicates to me that we have promised to select him. No “top up” player, desperate for a shot at the big time, nominates an 18 month contract- that discourages potential suitors- without being promised a spot.

From what I read he is a 19 yo formerly from Norwood who came to us as a top up this year. 28 possessions in one impressive game. Listed as a rover in this week’s Maggies.

Can anyone tell me more about him? Speed? Tackling? Could he play forward in the Pep role?

188cm intercept/rebound half back.

https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/logan-evans/

One player linked heavily to the Power is Logan Evans, who’s already linked to the club via the SANFL rookie program. After being overlooked in his draft year (2023), 188cm Norwood product Evans was chosen by Port Adelaide as its SANFL Rookie Program, meaning on both the Norwood and Port Adelaide SANFL lists. Evans prior to getting injured impressed for the Magpies, highlighted by a strong display against the Redlegs in Round 4 where he amassed 26 disposals, five marks, six tackles and nine rebound 50s.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dr...r/news-story/cf8e4434997daa9b73e7201cd21559b2

PS wrong Evans in the sanfl side - that's Frankie. Logan is injured.

One player linked heavily to the Power is Logan Evans, who’s already linked to the club via the SANFL rookie program. After being overlooked in his draft year (2023), 188cm Norwood product Evans was chosen by Port Adelaide as its SANFL Rookie Program, meaning on both the Norwood and Port Adelaide SANFL lists. Evans prior to getting injured impressed for the Magpies, highlighted by a strong display against the Redlegs in Round 4 where he amassed 26 disposals, five marks, six tackles and nine rebound 50s.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dr...r/news-story/cf8e4434997daa9b73e7201cd21559b2

Sounds like we are trying to replace Burton.

Why would we pick an injured player though?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Notable names related to Port that have nominated:

18 month contract
Logan Evans - Norwood (On Loan to Port Adelaide SANFL)
Will Francou - North Adelaide
Brynn Teakle - East Fremantle

6 month contract
Joel Garner - Richmond VFL
Jed Hagan - East Fremantle
Harper Montgomery - GWS VFL
Jake Pasini - Swan Districts
Taj Schofield - Subiaco
Cody Szust - Port Adelaide SANFL
Boyd Woodcock - Southport

Does he have genuine leg speed?
If so, then that's a priority for us in defence to lock down speedy small forwards.

I guess it will be Evans but if there is a small forward option out there, I would be going there.

As soon as Willie is out, our small forward cupboard looks bare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back