Review Round 14, 2024 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

This X Plenty, the club has become a reflection of an extremely weak and self centred president who is far more interested in being liked by all and sundry than heading up a ruthless and successful football club.

The bloke is a mouth breathing leech!
You’re spot on with everything.
Problem is ruthless went out in football many years ago and has been replaced with match day experience, yeah sounds like a load of shyt but that’s what clubs are selling today.
As someone posted before membership numbers are good home attendance’s are up on last year and debt is reducing.
These things unfortunately keep Mr Sunrise in a job.
It’s all changed mate.

going into the game with evans. mcentee & dbj as defensive forwards, is bizarre at the minimum. we lost the game at selection.
gws handball to create movement going forward, we handball for the sake of handball.
questioning hinkley ball, is valid, but josh carr as midfield coach & the next head coach has more questions than answers.
forcing the ball into the centre corridor during the whole game, was/is risky, gws waited for us to fail. we did......
rozee needs a couple of weeks off, he is carrying an injury.
butters getting tagged, move him forward.
bergman needs midfield time.

ratugolea, kicks a goal & is immediately moved back to defence, in the last quarter, highlights hinkley ball:

going into the game with evans. mcentee & dbj as defensive forwards, is bizarre at the minimum. we lost the game at selection.
gws handball to create movement going forward, we handball for the sake of handball.
questioning hinkley ball, is valid, but josh carr as midfield coach & the next head coach has more questions than answers.
forcing the ball into the centre corridor during the whole game, was/is risky, gws waited for us to fail. we did......
rozee needs a couple of weeks off, he is carrying an injury.
butters getting tagged, move him forward.
bergman needs midfield time.

ratugolea, kicks a goal & is immediately moved back to defence, in the last quarter, highlights hinkley ball:
Mind boogling that half the forward line is in defense mode and not creative.

Francis Evans a defensive forward. I can see why you'd make that mistake.

A mark up forward, goal, behind or assist seems like an impossible task.

It’s a pointless exercise to even review games when the two human haemorrhoids (Koch & Ken) remain latched onto the club.

It feels like a bad case of Stockholm Syndrome that we not only have to tolerate the same old shit every year, but also be grateful in the process.

Last edited:
Thinking about this some more, what's happening is exactly what many posters predicted in the off-season. It isn't a contract year so no-one needs to put in, as our ladder position is irrelevant. Koch doesn't have the gumption to make a hard decision, he just wants to be everyone's second-best friend. We have a bargain basement coaching panel because all that matters now is the kudos he can take for wiping debt.

It would have been nice to see some development of new/fringe players but that isn't going to happen, so it's pretty much another wasted season. Except in the Hinkley household of course :mad:

Under Koch, Ken and CD, since 1st October 2014, the Port Adelaide Spirit has gone missing - like MH370.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I left the TV on and The Bounce started.

Who watches this shit and enjoys it? Might be the worst TV show I've ever seen

Not the worst, but I understand you immediately blocking the memory of our TV show, the one that played just before The Bounce tonight.

I guess if they're not already on it, we can add GWS to the list of teams that Port can't beat in games that count.

My current collection of teams in that list would be Melbourne, Brisbane, Collingwood, Carlton, GWS and, most amusingly of all, Adelaide.
We can't beat Adelaide in any of the three competitions we both play in.

This won't be popular but it's time for a serious discussion about Rozee and Butters. On current form - as in, two months worth of form - neither are starting midfielders. In no particular order, Wines, Drew, Horne-Francis and Mead are all significantly better players and we look far more difficult to beat at stoppage when it's a combination of that quartet instead of Rozee and Butters.

Arguably we would be better served as a team if we played them both as forwards where their physical and mental softness will be less costly and their clever little tricks might actually result in goals rather than turnovers and easy clearances to the opposition.

The fact that they are captain and vice captain is nothing short of hilarious.
While we have McEntee, Evans, Dixon and a few others who offer virtually nothing the last thing we need to do is bitch and moan about Butters and Rozee.

Ken said we look lethargic after a week off .

That’s great
Astounding. And why would that be, did he say? Did any of the sycophants masquerading as journalists ask him whether it was his responsibility, as a coach paid roughly $30,000 a game, to address?

Is that banner of the giants legit? What is wrong with them? I seriously don’t understand their humour as a club at all, it’s childish. Ken sucks we get it, don’t need to remind us on your flipping banner. Maybe try and get some bums on seats instead of dedicating your existence to social media likes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is that banner of the giants legit? What is wrong with them? I seriously don’t understand their humour as a club at all, it’s childish. Ken sucks we get it, don’t need to remind us on your flipping banner. Maybe try and get some bums on seats instead of dedicating your existence to social media likes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What did they say?

You’re spot on with everything.
Problem is ruthless went out in football many years ago and has been replaced with match day experience, yeah sounds like a load of shyt but that’s what clubs are selling today.
As someone posted before membership numbers are good home attendance’s are up on last year and debt is reducing.
These things unfortunately keep Mr Sunrise in a job.
It’s all changed mate.
Ruthlessness may have gone out of vogue in the AFL as a whole to an extent, but we stand alone as the only club that would employ a dud coach this long there's no ifs or buts it's in the record books.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 14, 2024 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back