Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

Starcevich is Brisbane's best lockdown defender, and is in the team solely for that purpose. He averages 10.5 disposals. Dayne Zorko on the other hand is probably on track for an AA spot as a rebounding half back this year.

wtf is Mr 'elite defensive pressure' (one tackle today by the way) doing hanging around Starcevich while Zorko tears us several new ones?

Fagan must be a Jed Head ;)

Obviously it takes more than effort. And if we had 4 Willie Riolis then Jed would never get a game. But we don't.

Boak and Dixon not playing isn't the reason we lost but I can guarantee we would've been at least slightly less pathetic with them instead of say Marshall and Farrell (to name two low effort players).

And no need to bring Lord into this, he's a favourite of mine, always gives a contest and keeps trying.
I’d replace Jed with one of the kids. You’ve got nothing to lose. And you might discover a player just like we did today with Logan Evans.

Zorko spent a lot of time in defence today. Jed was his match-up. The number of times Zorko ran out of the defence with a hapless Jed metres behind. Zorko finished with 26 disposals.
What he offers to the team, no fan will ever understand. Yous guys are all clueless and don't get it. He's a valuable cog.

What he offers to the team, no fan will ever understand. Yous guys are all clueless and don't get it. He's a valuable cog.
Just to contextualise the shitness of the cheese... Going by AFL ratings here is the cheese's season this far

Note.. I haven't bothered removing players with hardly any time on ground due to injuries, or those who were subbed in or out. So a lot of those times he's 3rd or 4th worst, he's probably worst on, just that the others had 20% game time.

Notwithstanding the Norf game which is pointless, since round 7 he's basically been the worst or second worst player on the ground every time except round 10. That's an extraordinary level of utter shitness.

R15 4th worst
R14 5th worst
R12 3rd worst
R11 24th worst (lol norf - shouldn;t count)
r10 11th worst
r9 3rd worst
r8 3rd worst
r7 didnt play
r6 worst (2 disposals, -4 metres gained lol)
r5 8th worst
r4 11th worst
r3 13th worst
r2 didnt play
r1 3rd worst

Was a very skillful goal he kicked too which is predictably being ignored by the Dead Heads in favour of a fictitious narrative about an opponent he didn't actually play on. Typical.

I can only assume this is for the attention?

What’s your Instagram handle - I bet it’s a riot!

Seems bizarre we ever whinged about Jake Neade & Sam Gray now when this potato supreme has a golden ticket.

Seems bizarre we ever whinged about Jake Neade & Sam Gray now when this potato supreme has a golden ticket.
Sam Gray man. Outperformed all our current forwards. Not that it's too difficult, but had we known what was to come after him in the way of small forwards. Lol we miss you Sammy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Jed Heads" = TeeKray and the fart guy.
And the fart guy is in it because it's just Jumbo rustling jimmies.

I think one of the best things on this board is the long Teekray mac and cheese con that he sucks everyone into.

Sam Gray was twice the player Jed McEntee is. Usually when people say that they're being hyperbolic, but in this case it's not. His stats were literally twice as good as McEntee's.

I think one of the best things on this board is the long Teekray mac and cheese con that he sucks everyone into.

The best thing on this board is the fact that the entire club is a long con that everyone here is sucked into caring about 1000x more than the people who work for it getting paid anywhere between $150k and $1m per year. It literally exists to redistribute your money to these people who are living extravagant lifestyles and becoming wealthy based on a low performance, part time, semi professional sporting club where they spend half the year phoning it in and doing just enough to keep their jobs and the other half of the year on holidays. Jed is the absolute least of the problem.

I think having someone like Jed or DBJ up top would be okay if the forward line was full of guns, they would be there to do a lot of the defensive running and donkey work. Our forward line currently isn’t anywhere near that and we have both of them starting, offering very little threat. You’d almost be better off playing someone like Houston there with his kicking ability or give time and experience to the younger players with higher potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back