Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

If the day McEntee gets delisted TeeKray just posts "lol just kidding that guy was a spud" it may be the most liked post in Port board history.

I think you mean the day he retires after a decorated 250 game career featuring B&Fs, All Australian jackets and the title of the man who destroyed the career of the best defender of this century.

He's never playing in an AFL midfield he could rack 50 possessions in the SANFL & it wouldn't matter he's undersized, underskilled & state league is his level.
You are gonna look really dumb when he wins the brownlow! You may as well go support the tingles if you cant get behind the boys!

McEntee had a poor game today. Don't let the stats fool you. Missed several golden opportunities to use the ball in a damaging way in forward chains, with several fluffed kicks, shots and handballs at key times.

I presume we may see him as the sub this week, but he really shouldn't be in contention for best 22 again. Whatever is happening with Rioli could be keeping his career afloat.

It's fine if he was left in the SANFL playing as a mid and never picked for the AFL side again, you actually need a few solid state leaguers to play with the developing talent.

McEntee had a poor game today. Don't let the stats fool you. Missed several golden opportunities to use the ball in a damaging way in forward chains, with several fluffed kicks, shots and handballs at key times.

I presume we may see him as the sub this week, but he really shouldn't be in contention for best 22 again. Whatever is happening with Rioli could be keeping his career afloat.
What a load, he created multiple turnover via his tackling, was actively involved in good movement forward and apart from that shanked shot at goal would have been one of our best players. It's ok for you to hate a player but he was quite good today.

i just hope ken doesnt see 25 touches and go 'jed is back in form, **** yeah.' its extremely encouraging to see narkle and evans picked ahead of him, the three of them are all very average, atleast jed is last in the pecking order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i just hope ken doesnt see 25 touches and go 'jed is back in form, **** yeah.' its extremely encouraging to see narkle and evans picked ahead of him, the three of them are all very average, atleast jed is last in the pecking order.
I expect Jed to be sub this week. You're right though, he wasn't actually very good at all. Stats can lie and today they did for Jed. He worked hard and looked like an AFL player out there amongst SANFL players, but he kept making the same terrible mistakes he always does.

The same way he did against Zorko?

I don't rate the bloke and think he's a spud. Much prefer Narkle in there and obviously Rioli when fit. Just thinking out loud trying to find a position for him in the AFL team as in the last 12 months he's only ever done well targeting Tom Stewart.

Jed tried hard and laid some good tackles but that doesn’t set him apart. A lot of Port players did the same. He doesn’t have any real AFL traits. His skills are ordinary, a couple of howlers yesterday

Hugh Jackson is a much better midfielder. He deserves a go in the firsts ahead of Jed

Haven't heard Chad Cornes lecture us on how Jed should be held in higher regard by fans for awhile.
Yes, the Jed defensive forward juggernaut in the AFL propaganda is well and truly on hold and moving to the point of being wiped off the planet.

And funnily enough our forward line in the AFL is still functioning. The defensive wheels haven't fallen off. I'm as shocked as you are.

Yes, the Jed defensive forward juggernaut in the AFL propaganda is well and truly on hold and moving to the point of being wiped off the planet.

And funnily enough our forward line in the AFL is still functioning. The defensive wheels haven't fallen off. I'm as shocked as you are.
DBJ put in as good a 'defensive forward' performance as McEntee ever has on the weekend, while also contributing double figure disposals and a goal.

Every other club in the league expects their 'defensive forwards' to contribute offensively as well, why don't we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back