Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

Not our biggest problem but a symptom of the Hinkley mate's network selection process.

I can't blame him for being picked, I'm sure he tries but he doesn't have a single AFL quality.

Delist.
Incredible a guy of his ability has played one AFL game, he would be lucky to be running around in a Port reserves side 30 years ago.

At one stage I looked down from my seat in the nosebleeds at a centre bounce, and saw a half forward line of McEntee, Frank Evans and Narkle. Not inspiring (our biggest problem is still mental and coaching though).

At one stage I looked down from my seat in the nosebleeds at a centre bounce, and saw a half forward line of McEntee, Frank Evans and Narkle. Not inspiring (our biggest problem is still mental and coaching though).

Not inspiring is probably the most generous assessment you could find.

Brilliant goal in the second quarter. Quick thinking, clean and skillful. Our leading goalkicker for the finals so far, really living up to the #Jedtember billing. Just a shame not many of his teammates are following his lead.

That dropped uncontested chest mark with no opponent within 15 metres was absolutely chef kiss
comedy fan GIF by CollingwoodFC

Brilliant goal in the second quarter. Quick thinking, clean and skillful. Our leading goalkicker for the finals so far, really living up to the #Jedtember billing. Just a shame not many of his teammates are following his lead.
Yep, put us in front for the only time in the match. Shame the rest of the team couldn't keep it going.

Without being a smartarse, McEntee should never play again. He has no AFL traits whatsoever. Can't kick, can't mark, can't football. I cannot comprehend what the coaches see in McEntee that we don't.

Coaches: He offers "defensive pressure"
Well the ball kept coming out the F50 easily.
Coaches: He offers little blocks?
I did not see any of that but continue on.
Coaches: He is a midfielder in the SANFL that plays as a pressure forward.
So instead of playing an actual small forward, we use a spot just to cause "pressure".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be made playing captain coach on a 12 year contract.
Pay him $1.5mill per season.
Cast a bronze statue of him for Adelaide Oval (replace that one of some numpty named Ebert).
Best player and most inspirational, courageous bloke ever to pull on a prison bar err magenta and blue err chevron teal guernsey.

Should be made playing captain coach on a 12 year contract.
Pay him $1.5mill per season.
Cast a bronze statue of him for Adelaide Oval (replace that one of some numpty named Ebert).
Best player and most inspirational, courageous bloke ever to pull on a prison bar err magenta and blue err chevron teal guernsey.

You're joking and yet he leads better than the actual captain does.

McEntee does some things good like his desperation but it’s only what everyone should be doing , head over the ball stuff but for mine he hasn’t got the athleticism or skills to be at this level I would much rather he wasn’t in the side

Brilliant goal in the second quarter. Quick thinking, clean and skillful. ...
Credit to Jed, that was great play.

It's a pity he followed it up with a dropped chest mark under zero pressure and kicking straight to a Geelong player when attempting to pass to Frank the Tank.

Not Jed's fault but he's not AFL standard. Donuts' continually picking him is the issue.

His brother Kobe doing okay in Reserves as a 17 year old and kicks goals. Can we swap them somehow? 😂

Lol this bloke has played 50 games and averages THREE KICKS A GAME

**** you Jed.

Lol nice manipulation of stats. For a start, it's 46. The average is 3.8. But that includes 2 games where he literally never even set foot on the park and 4 games where he was subbed on or off. So it's really only 40 games and he really averages over 4. For comparison, Willie Rioli averages 7 kicks a game, it's hardly a position where even the best players are going to accumulate stats.

Has he ever had a good game
Let's not be unfair. He had one good game against the Bulldogs about a year and a half ago. I expect if (and when) we play him another 46 times, he may play at least one more good game.

So it's really only 40 games and he really averages over 4.
Possibly my favourite genre of post in this thread is when someone posts something about Jed and you're like 'lOl nIcE sElEcTiVe sTaTs' and then you post the non-selective stats and they're still absolute shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back