Miller on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Tambling_30

Senior List
Jul 31, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I Dont know if anyone heard on SEN before but Miller was on and said that it is very unlikely that Joel will play this week due to our performance against Fremantle.
I think it is a great step by the club and it sends the message to everyone that poor performance will not be tolerated.
Finally the club has got some balls to make tough decisions.
Respect....:thumbsu:

I Dont know if anyone heard on SEN before but Miller was on and said that it is very unlikely that Joel will play this week due to our performance against Fremantle.
I think it is a great step by the club and it sends the message to everyone that poor performance will not be tolerated.
Finally the club has got some balls to make tough decisions.
Respect....:thumbsu:

I like it, not coz of Bowdo he's alright but it sends a ripple thru the joint that no amount of b^%$ can ever do. For once a few will be on there toes knowing they need to bust a gut not only to get into the team but to remain as there are a few in the que waiting for a chance.

JB will be back, he's a class act but this weeks not the time:thumbsu:

I agree we need to promote footballers who move the ball through the corridor - not changing direction 7 times then kicking wide - what about letting Bowden loose in the forward line on a HFF flank where he started his career? Massive left foot, evasive and has the footy smarts to scrounge some unlikely goals?

I agree we need to promote footballers who move the ball through the corridor - not changing direction 7 times then kicking wide - what about letting Bowden loose in the forward line on a HFF flank where he started his career? Massive left foot, evasive and has the footy smarts to scrounge some unlikely goals?
Ive always thought hed be good value around there or atleast back in the midfield.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here guys.

Its great to see that players have to earn their spots but lets not start bagging Joel. He is a quality player when up and running and i think he could be very handy up forward once he gets his confidence up and IF a position opens up.

Having players of Joels ilk in the ressies shows we are finally heading in the right direction! :thumbsu:

Having players of Joels ilk in the ressies shows we are finally heading in the right direction! :thumbsu:

The other side to it that unfortunately is that it shows there is a serious problem with the morale of the senior group for this to happen.

Then again, every team has a couple of senior players that are just playing for the cheque each week. A couple of losses earlier for teams like us and the Tankers and the Dees doesn't help the cause with these types.

My argument to that is...

1) they get excellent money and there are paying customers expecting their moneys worth.

2) there are people at the clubs getting paid top dollars who are supposed to be making sure they don't put in half arsed performances.

But I think that is what you meant...we can now afford to (without playing a total notuptoit) and drop him and leave him there since no-one could get him (and Petticoat) motivated, until the desire to play is back and his head is brought back earth!

Oh...if only we could bottle the stuff that drives the great no. 12;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could almost put your house on him bagging one from 50 when he was on the run and on his left early on in his career. Absolutely try this as he can run so he'd cover ground well and take a mark.

Bowden would be the last person to play for the check. Like the fact the coaches are making a statement but lets be honest Joel Bowden would just about be in every best 22 in the country. He, along with Richo have been our best players for a long time.

Other than Joel - what else did Miller say? Did he talk about any of our young kids coming through, progress on Rance Cotchin Connors etc

The other side to it that unfortunately is that it shows there is a serious problem with the morale of the senior group for this to happen.

Then again, every team has a couple of senior players that are just playing for the cheque each week. A couple of losses earlier for teams like us and the Tankers and the Dees doesn't help the cause with these types.

My argument to that is...

1) they get excellent money and there are paying customers expecting their moneys worth.

2) there are people at the clubs getting paid top dollars who are supposed to be making sure they don't put in half arsed performances.

But I think that is what you meant...we can now afford to (without playing a total notuptoit) and drop him and leave him there since no-one could get him (and Petticoat) motivated, until the desire to play is back and his head is brought back earth!

Oh...if only we could bottle the stuff that drives the great no. 12;)

..and make the rest of the team drink it.. (except for Axel and Kingy of course...I think they make their own!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back