mitch thorp????

Remove this Banner Ad

craigyshark

Draftee
Dec 27, 2007
vermont
AFL Club
Geelong
will he be picked up by any club??? hasnt been playing for long and unless he has a career ending injury surely he could have been kept on the hawks list instead of trent croad?? i think!

When the Hawks drafted him we heard he's the next Pavlich and he'll be a superstar. They kept on telling us they have amazing depth and it's kids like Thorp who'll make them unbeatable.

Funny how a few years down the track and he's gone without a whimper. :eek:

I thought Pelchen was a drafting genuis?

Getting cut with still a year on his contract gotta make you think that there is something serious wrong and there is no hope of him playing any good football

So i hope we don't pick him up

How's David Myers going for you? The curse of the number 6 draft pick strikes again:

2000 Dylan Smith (Kangaroos)
2001 Ashley Sampi (WCE)
2002 Steve Salopek (Port)
2003 Kepler Bradley (Ess)
2004 Tom Williams (Bull)
2005 Beau Dowler (Hawks)
2006 Mitch Thorp (Hawks)
2007 David Myers (Ess)
2008 Chris Yarran (Carl)

Steve Salopek is really the only guy who has proven himself from that list.

When the Hawks drafted him we heard he's the next Pavlich and he'll be a superstar. They kept on telling us they have amazing depth and it's kids like Thorp who'll make them unbeatable.

Funny how a few years down the track and he's gone without a whimper. :eek:

Alot of hawks have gone on about this kid like he was the next coming of jesus christ. Watch that turn into 'he was an overated hack'.

How's David Myers going for you? The curse of the number 6 draft pick strikes again:

2000 Dylan Smith (Kangaroos)
2001 Ashley Sampi (WCE)
2002 Steve Salopek (Port)
2003 Kepler Bradley (Ess)
2004 Tom Williams (Bull)
2005 Beau Dowler (Hawks)
2006 Mitch Thorp (Hawks)
2007 David Myers (Ess)
2008 Chris Yarran (Carl)

Steve Salopek is really the only guy who has proven himself from that list.

Myers is actually coming along nicely thanks for asking. Keep an eye out for him next year.

Alot of hawks have gone on about this kid like he was the next coming of jesus christ. Watch that turn into 'he was an overated hack'.

No, actually we're all quite disappointed to have wasted a first round draft pick. That being said, I'm pretty happy overall with our first round drafting since 2004. One bad egg out of eight picks:

Roughead
Franklin
Lewis
Ellis
Dowler
Thorp :(
Rioli
Schoenmakers

Nah mate, I doubt you'll hear any hawks supporters call him over-rated. Never got his body right and as such, has been delisted. No doubt we got hooked up in the hype, much like you guys with Gumbleton. Hopefully Thorp gets a chance at playing at the top level, would be good to know if he could actually play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how's david myers going for you? The curse of the number 6 draft pick strikes again:

2000 dylan smith (kangaroos)
2001 ashley sampi (wce)
2002 steve salopek (port)
2003 kepler bradley (ess)
2004 tom williams (bull)
2005 beau dowler (hawks)
2006 mitch thorp (hawks)
2007 david myers (ess)
2008 chris yarran (carl)

lololololol

JON had a better career than this guy, and at least JON is a good bloke.

the sad thing there is Splufff that if i remember correctly didn't richmond have a thread about taking mitch thorp? with good interest and very little negative about him???? and you think JON is better, lol

Remove this Banner Ad

mitch thorp????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back