mitch thorp????

Remove this Banner Ad

When the Hawks drafted him we heard he's the next Pavlich and he'll be a superstar. They kept on telling us they have amazing depth and it's kids like Thorp who'll make them unbeatable.

Funny how a few years down the track and he's gone without a whimper. :eek:

I thought Pelchen was a drafting genuis?

Scott Gumbleton? honestly, you walked right into that one.

Since when has being likeable and humble a criteria for making it as a footy player, wouldn't be hard to rattle off heaps of players with tickets on themselves and attitude problems...it's not ideal, but it happens.

it isnt ideal to have a person at your club who pisses everyone off.

There is this myth that Lance Franklin is that sort of character, however, off field he is one of the most quiet and modest people you will meet.

Hawthorn has always had the belief that no individual is bigger then the team (even with crawford)

Thorp is the next Gary Ablett sr (assuming he gets picked up). All the talent in the world, but a f*** of a character

Thorp is the next Gary Ablett sr (assuming he gets picked up). All the talent in the world, but a f*** of a character

You're an idiot. The bloke struggles to get a kick in the VFL. He's shown nothing since leaving Tasmania as an 18 year old.

He's the next Billy Morrison. That's right, who? (Collingwood fans will fill in on the last dominant Tassie junior)

would be worth a look blues!!?? could do worse, especially with his height and toughness ( supposedly ) up forward. nothing to lose, unless he is cronically injured !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will he be picked up by any club??? hasnt been playing for long and unless he has a career ending injury surely he could have been kept on the hawks list instead of trent croad?? i think!

Has shown nothing since being at the Club, spewing we couldnt get a trade done i hope if he is picked he shows more than what he showed at the Hawks........
Trent Croad is worth persisting with he is an All Australian...

Hawthorn has always had the belief that no individual is bigger then the team (even with crawford)

Hmm, just saying "even with Crawford" isn't really an argument winner is it? Makes me think of Brereton and his presentation and behaviour while in yellow and brown. I certainly can't think of another club that chartered a helicopter to fly their star full forward to a game.

And your last paragraph is wrong in so many ways, one of which is the self-contradiction of suggesting being a quiet guy off the ground proves Buddy is a good bloke - they don't get much quieter than G Ablett Snr.

Remove this Banner Ad

mitch thorp????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back