Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Kid needs to return to the AFL this year. Has there ever been anyone who has returned successfully from four years out of top line footy?
Not sure it makes any difference at all. I mean the various mature age recruits (a la Barlow) who come into the AFL at a later age don't seem to be bothered by not playing at that level for 4 or however many years. Why not just imagine Mora as the next of our mature age recruits.

Because I haven't ridden my bike at round that corner for four years has nothing at all to do with whether I do it tomorrow.

Because it has happened that way doesn't mean it has to happen that way or that it had to happen that way.

yep, there are quite a few guys who are out for 2 or more years, return and then go on to have great careers

I am looking forward to morabito returning and delivering what we all know he is capable of.

yep, there are quite a few guys who are out for 2 or more years, return and then go on to have great careers

I am looking forward to morabito returning and delivering what we all know he is capable of.

Did Seany Mac do his knees back to back? I seem to recall him playing a few games in between reco's, but I couldn't be 100% on that. If so he had a couple of years out and went on to play over 200 games. This year, next year... Mora is gonna tear it up, once he's ready.

Did Seany Mac do his knees back to back? I seem to recall him playing a few games in between reco's, but I couldn't be 100% on that. If so he had a couple of years out and went on to play over 200 games. This year, next year... Mora is gonna tear it up, once he's ready.

Yeh you are correct.

McManus made his debut in Round 5 of 1995 and played all 18 remaining games for the year. He continued his good form into 1996 and despite missing 6 games with ankle injuries finished 10th in the Fremantle Best and Fairest award.[6]

In Round 3, 1997, he suffered a knee injury in the season's first Western Derby and required a full reconstruction. He returned for the start of the 1998 season, but in Round 6 against Port Adelaide he suffered a recurrence of the injury and required a second reconstruction.

But, but, but Generation NOW, want him to play NOW!!

and the funny thing is he is playing now ... just not AFL now

Indeed, and the very fact that he is playing, after what he has been through, is a testament to the guy.

95% of people would have packed it in and gone fishing.

Yet, people can't seem to either appreciate that, nor realise that he needs time, a lot of time, to get back to AFL standard.

As RTB stated, he has played 10 games in 3 years!

Indeed, and the very fact that he is playing, after what he has been through, is a testament to the guy.

95% of people would have packed it in and gone fishing.

Yet, people can't seem to either appreciate that, nor realise that he needs time, a lot of time, to get back to AFL standard.

As RTB stated, he has played 10 games in 3 years!

same situation i would of gone fishing ... and i can tell you, i hate fishing

yep

brend0n lade (234 games) and michael wilson (192 games) also come to mind

But, but, but Generation NOW, want him to play NOW!!

I remember when I was part of generation NOW, twenty five years ago.

geez, they were the days!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For RTB to suggest Morra may play next year suggests that another contract extension is a foregone conclusion - hardly cause for doom and gloom.

That being said... bugger next year, I want him back now!

RTB said Mora did not have the fitness to play in the midfield in the AFL. I still think he is 2-3 weeks away until he can cover the K's required to play in the middle.

David Schwarz did 3 back to back iirc. Played another 100 odd games

Not quite the same though, When he first did it it was through impact in a marking contest and he played AFL 15 weeks after his first recon and did it again in his second game in an innocuous incident. The third time he did it he broke his leg as well. So really he had one innocuous incident that may well not have happened if he took a year to recover like he would have to nowadays.

It'll absolutely take as long as it takes but I remember being pulled up last year when i said I'd be happy to see him play a few wafl games for the year, people were planning an AFL return even last season.

I'm still hoping Morabito is on track to get at least two or three games by year's end (even if it's covering injuries or those strategic rests) and will be a little disappointed and worried if, barring further injuries, he doesn't get a start.

Again he'll be selected when Ross and co decide he is not just fit enough but also the best player for the spot and it really is great just to see him back playing footy but if his next game for Fremantle is round one next year that'd be about two and a quarter years since his last injury and operation and that's a long time in anyone's book.

Last edited:
Our team's a lot stronger,the competition has gone for its regulation % increase in athleticism and crashbangwhallop factor and consequently Mora's got that bit further to go than he would've 12-18mths-2yrs ago.
RTB did say he is fit enough to play some possies just not in the middle.
He'll be there I reckon but getting a guernsey in our team is increasingly difficult;them's the facts.

Dear Fremantle supporter,

When can we expect the speedster back in the 22

Kind regards,
Eagerly waiting supercoach
Hard to say. I thought he would be ready to go by now, but Lyon is saying he needs mote match fitness to be AFL ready.

Anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back