Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess we've all just found out what a piece of s**t Toump Ass is
What, because I have good luck?

You find a wallet on the ground with $50 in it, that's not being a piece of shit, that's Jesus smiling on you for being a good person.
Karma or something.

What, because I have good luck?

You find a wallet on the ground with $50 in it, that's not being a piece of s**t, that's Jesus smiling on you for being a good person.
Karma or something.
You don't throw that shit in the bin.
$50 on ground is fair game.
$50 in wallet, hand it in.

ID, no license. Can't remember if there was no bank card or I just decided it wasn't worth the risk buying stuff with it.

So pretty poor from me, but it's not my fault. I blame the police.

I found a wallet years ago and walked into the nearest station, some regional area. Place was tiny. I walked in and there was a woman in tears at the desk sobbing to the police about how her partner beat the s**t out of her, black eye and everything, horrible stuff. So I just hand over the wallet and say "Hey I found this outside" and some pig in the background starts yelling at me "You can't just leave that here! You need to make a statement!" and then the a-hole makes me wait on a chair for twenty minutes right in front of a traumatised DV victim describing how she had the s**t kicked out of her.

Like fk off mate, I'm trying to help someone just take the ******* wallet and let me go.
No, it is entirely your fault.

Anyway moving on.

Earlier this year I hit someone's car reversing out of Coles. Assumed they'd have a dashcam and contact me re: the damages.

I assumed wrong.

Edit: In hindsight I probably could have made it easier for them and left my details but too late now, sorry.

Yep you’re well past the line!

I nicked a few jelly beans from the self serve lolly shop just now.

I lost my wallet once, no idea where, I must have dropped it or left it somewhere by accident. I got a call from the cops saying it had been handed in at their police station but this was a few weeks after I lost it so I'd already bought a new wallet and replaced all the cards so it didn't really help me much.

I also lost my wallet on one of the Greek islands when I was passed out drunk and someone stole it. That was a real pain in the arse as I had to get a new bank card sent from Australia to the Australian embassy in Athens and I had to borrow money off a friend of mine until I could make it back there.

If I found a wallet I'd hand it in. If it was full of hundreds it might not be that way when I 'found' it.

Granted I don't carry much cash if any but if someone handed mine in and pocketed the cash I'd be stoked. Having to replace all the cards is a pain in the dick.

Yeah i reckon if i found a wallet with a few notes in it, id take a bit of a finders fee and drop it off at the cop shop

See that's the thing isn't it. You never know if someone is going to be a Scientologist or not, what if they're not carrying their Scientology card? Thus if you do find a wallet, I think the right thing to do is assume that they are some kind of reprobate and ensure they don't get it back. This seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Finding a wallet that isn't yours and taking $50 out is sociopathic behaviour.

Then chucking it in the bin, which generally amounts to a couple of hours cancelling cards, having to re-issue ID's, re-order Medicare etc is really shit form.
What's the difference?
Most of the stuff ITT is just minor reaches into morally corrupt stuff - it's not hard to know when someone's crossed the line, but I guess that's technically correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I found a wallet I'd hand it in. If it was full of hundreds it might not be that way when I 'found' it.

Granted I don't carry much cash if any but if someone handed mine in and pocketed the cash I'd be stoked. Having to replace all the cards is a pain in the dick.
Yeah, I'd gladly take the cash hit to get my cards back.

If someone returned my wallet with nothing missing, I'd give them overs as a reward. If the notes were missing, they'd get a thanks.

Finding a wallet that isn't yours and taking $50 out is sociopathic behaviour.

Then chucking it in the bin, which generally amounts to a couple of hours cancelling cards, having to re-issue ID's, re-order Medicare etc is really s**t form.

Most of the stuff ITT is just minor reaches into morally corrupt stuff - it's not hard to know when someone's crossed the line, but I guess that's technically correct.
If a thread asks posters to share morally corrupt things they do, don't be surprised when they share their stories. Toump Ass is posting on topic, so should receive likes.

Someone picking up $2 from the ground is off topic because their action isn't morally corrupt, and that person should get dislike icons.

This isn't church ffs.

Toump ass didnt tell morally corrupt stories though, he told stories of him going out of his way to be an arseh*le

Someone was nice enough to return his wallet but he just throws one out. No note when reversing into a car etc

Hes not slightly morally corrupt, hes just an outright prick

Chucking it in the bin, which generally amounts to a couple of hours cancelling cards, having to re-issue ID's, re-order Medicare etc is really s**t form.
What can I say? I hate litter. Of course I'd rather put something in a bin rather than leave it on the ground where it could pollute our rivers and oceans and damage our beautiful wildlife.

It's all a matter of perspective isn't it.

Toump ass didnt tell morally corrupt stories though, he told stories of him going out of his way to be an arseh*le

Someone was nice enough to return his wallet but he just throws one out. No note when reversing into a car etc
Several, actually, but who's counting.

If a thread asks posters to share morally corrupt things they do, don't be surprised when they share their stories. Toump Ass is posting on topic, so should receive likes.

Someone picking up $2 from the ground is off topic because their action isn't morally corrupt, and that person should get dislike icons.

This isn't church ffs.
So we all just nod our heads and say 'yes, morally corrupt'? It's meant to be a dialogue - some things are morally corrupt but acceptable, some are morally corrupt and not acceptable.

Everyone has their own set of principles, but the vast majority wouldn't feel comfortable stealing from someone who has (at worst) been slightly careless.

So we all just nod our heads and say 'yes, morally corrupt'? It's meant to be a dialogue - some things are morally corrupt but acceptable, some are morally corrupt and not acceptable.

Everyone has their own set of principles, but the vast majority wouldn't feel comfortable stealing from someone who has (at worst) been slightly careless.
I would have thought anything fitting the 'morally corrupt' definition would be uncomfortable and unacceptable for the vast majority.

The tut tutting detracts from the intent of this thread while being superfluous imo.

Ok last one for the day: I may have posted this before. Curious whether this falls into the "morally corrupt" or "morally righteous" category, no doubt some of you wonderful caring and helpful people can offer some guidance here?

So I'm at Woolies in Camberwell, if anyone knows it, very busy little shopping centre. I was driving around looking for a park and spotted a Range Rover pull into a disabled car-park spot. Clearly labelled, very clearly in fact , no conjecture there. I see the occupant exit the vehicle and it was clearly apparent he was in fact able bodied. No disabled parking permit on his car. Did have a Hawks premiership sticker on the bumper though, which is a fair indication he's probably an entitled prick, not to typecast or anything. Anyway, I did what I thought was the right thing to do and keyed his car on the way to get my brocolli and tofu. I felt pretty good about that one, even though I suppose it might not have even been his car.

Hes not slightly morally corrupt, hes just an outright prick
Is there a separate thread for moderate and extreme morally corrupt acts? I see one global thread, that's it.

I would have thought anything fitting the 'morally corrupt' definition would be uncomfortable and unacceptable for the vast majority.

The tut tutting detracts from the intent of this thread while being superfluous imo.
Yeh, not really.

Stealing a grape from a bag is morally corrupt but sits OK because Coles is a billion dollar company and there is actually some value in sampling the quality of the fruit.

Stealing money from a person who hasn't done a whole lot wrong other than being a little careless is campaigner behaviour. You might have gained $50, but you lose some personal integrity in the process.

Is there a separate thread for moderate and extreme morally corrupt acts? I see one global thread, that's it.
Exactly.

Personally I don't need to hear if someone is pulling the stems off their brocolli before paying for it at Coles. That's not even morally corrupt, Coles are fn pricks anyway. Everyone should be stealing from them if they can.

It's an anonymous forum guys, don't be scared. Tell me your Centrelink scams, who here picked a scab and put into a Big Mac, has anyone gotten away with a burglary?

Yeh, not really.

Stealing a grape from a bag is morally corrupt
but sits OK because Coles is a billion dollar company and there is actually some value in sampling the quality of the fruit.

Stealing money from a person who hasn't done a whole lot wrong other than being a little careless is campaigner behaviour. You might have gained $50, but you lose some personal integrity in the process.
Nobody views stealing a grape as a morally corrupt act. You could pick and eat a grape from a bag at woolies or coles and walk through the checkout without any risk of being detained.

Hell, they may even let you take two grapes before the cops show up with guns.

Surely you're taking the piss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back