List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Win/win/win all around here

Lions get their man without trading any draft capital
Bombers save face after a botched attempt to keep him at Tullamarine
AFL hand out the pick required to encourage more player movement with the Dunkley deal now a much greater chance

Jeez, Nobes knows what he's doing doesn't he.

Great that the deal was completed on day 1. Welcome to the Lions Joe.
So happy about the three year deal. Easy to resign him when contract ends if Joe is happy here and playing good footy.
On the other hand if injuries persist the gamble/risk is only 3 years
Joe is still a risk v reward but one worth taking in our premiership window.
Hope our medical and conditioning team get him ready for sometime early in the proper season
No big hurry for Joe to play round 1, just get him right to play consistent footy whenever that time arrives.

We need to get him out early tomorrow morning in a presser so he can Trump the election coverage HK was talking about. :D
Think he should have first appointment with the Dr & then the 2nd appointment with the club's councillor to ensure he is good shape (body & mind wise) for a big season in 21. The expectations are pretty high.

Well done to Noble.
Back on 26 Oct ZoBlitz said to me "If I promise to text Noble with your thoughts, will you stop trying to convince us"
Looks like he did, and Noble listened!
Despite all the protests of how deluded I was, all the gifs, and smart arsed comments deriding my suggestion of a 3yr contract at a higher base rate, that's exactly what has happened.
What a surprise.
It looks like Noble is a lot smarter than the Brisbane supporters on here.

And after all that you can't help but to call everyone stupid...

There is literally no proof at all that we have changed anything about our offer to Joe. Noble was quoted during the week saying we won't do his contract to suit compo. Everything previously was rumours about our contract offer.

So without any evidence that anything has happened, you get get the heck down from your high horse and Nick off back to your own board. You are no longer needed here.

Well done to Noble.
Back on 26 Oct ZoBlitz said to me "If I promise to text Noble with your thoughts, will you stop trying to convince us"
Despite all the protests of how deluded I was, all the gifs, and smart arsed comments deriding my suggestion of a 3yr contract at a higher base rate, that's exactly what has happened.
What a surprise.

With respect my friend I think there's a big gap between what you think you're saying and what you're actually saying. I think it's just a miscommunication thing, so hope you can work on this in the future.

All good points and you are right I’m sure Noble has it under control. But again not sure how we benefited. Our picks slipped back due to dodgy compensation.

Our picks moving back because of the pick generated for Daniher meant we lost the pick value equivalent of a pick in the 60s.

Well done to Noble.
What a surprise.

Thank you for contributing to this thread.

I read every one of your posts & found them thoroughly enjoying.

I hope we trade more with Essendon in the future & I look forward to reading more of your posts then.

Last edited:
Well done to Noble.
What a surprise.

We may have been a bit harsh on you... It’s been a tough year for grade 6 students with the lockdown. No camps, missing your friends, minimal crowds at graduation etc. Congratulations on pick 7 and good luck with your transition to high school in 2021!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our picks moving back because of the pick generated for Daniher meant we lost the pick value equivalent of a pick in the 60s.
Just imagine who we could have got with a pick in the 60's. Bummer.

Thank you for contributing to this thread.

I read every one of your posts & found them thoroughly enjoying.

I hope we trade more with Essendon in the future & I look forward to reading more of your posts then.
And not before.

Great news.

Bloody good to welcome an exciting player like Big Joe to the club. We will win games we would otherwise have lost with him in the team.

I have not checked any other boards but are there perchance people out there who are as convinced as we are that the AFL tweeked this to help Essendon that the AFL tweeked this in order to benefit the Lions?

I'm guessing the Essendon board.

One of the perpetually bemusing things about Australian Football is the number of supporters of powerful, wealthy, Victorian clubs with deep networks in the administration of the game who believe they are discriminated against for reasons that are unclear.

All good points and you are right I’m sure Noble has it under control. But again not sure how we benefited. Our picks slipped back due to dodgy compensation.
The same bunch of kids available at 17-18 will be available at 20-21.Everything gets schuffled back with the compo, academy and father son picks, absolutely nothing to be concerned about

All this talk about the AFL’s secret herbs and spices has made me crave KFC. That’s dinner sorted tonight.

Can confirm I have just demolished a zinger ultimate box. As usual with KFC, the expectation was better than the reality. :/

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back