Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 36 Team Thread | There's No Business Like Snow Business

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t pretend you don’t read every single word I write, rude.
I hang on every word you say

Youre The Best GIF by Rhino Records

Tarkyn_24 liking my posts in here now :cautiousv1:

What mischief are you up to?
Went looking for posting stats but it seems after snags got his All SFA nod he packed up shop and went away.

If only it were for good.

Went looking for posting stats but it seems after snags got his All SFA nod he packed up shop and went away.

Found them for you
1707866948008.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh. Did I get All-SFA? Must've been while I was in the middle of moving and wasn't online much.

Congratulations me! 🎉🎈🎆🎇🥂

Time to pack up shop and go away...

Welcome.png

Howdy, all, and welcome to the Mount Buller Demons’ Season 36 Best & Fairest.

Season 36 was an all-time season for Mount Buller. We had one of the most dominant posting displays ever - in my opinion, the most dominant posting display ever - with unbelievable depth and posting quality.

And on-field, we made a preliminary final, too.

We were nobly led by our dear leader manangatang. On behalf of the Season 36 leadership group, we will soon be presenting the following awards:

• cats2rise Medal, to the leading goal-kicker of the season.
  • Deaneus! Award, for the best first-season player.
  • Best Defender Award, to the defensive player who has contributed most considerably through the season.
  • Coaches’ Award, first awarded in Season 8, to the player deemed to have gone above and beyond to demonstrate our club values.
  • Poster of the Year, to a wonderful match-thread poster.
  • Eth Award, to the player deemed to have contributed most holistically to the club in Season 36.
  • And the Deestroy Medal, celebrating our best and fairest player this season.

A big and hearty thank you once again to sausageroll for providing the quoted posting and stats write-ups for this season’s B&F - thank you, snags. Thank you also to Wosh for providing the write-ups for our finals matches.

And, on behalf of manangatang, thank you also to the Season 36 leadership group for overall support through the season: manangatang, Headless, Tarkyn_24, Wosh, sausageroll, Hate, Yakker, DemonJim.

Round 1 recap.png

Demons 141 - 81 Swamprats
https://sweetfa.plus/matches/3546

Game performance:
Demons DT Stats - Round 1 v Swamprats
Conditions for this match - WARM

What a start to Season 36. A Win!
The Demons had winners all over the ground. The whole team stood up.

The full back line was incredible, with Headless holding okey early and then manangatang finished the job. cartwright also provided plenty of run from the pocket.
At the other end of the ground, the forwards were just as effective with Wosh, PMBangers and DERO all kicking multiple goals and Scythe94 also kicking three from a flank.
Quivorir had HUGE boots to fill in the key 2nd interchange position and didn't disappoint. He came on in the ruck and top scored with 102. sante claimed I didn't mention him enough last season so I won't mention his two goals and 98 DT points this week and as always I refuse to acknowledge any successful games from Tarkyn_24 so will also neglect to mention his 90.

Goal Kickers: Wosh 5, PMBangers 4, Scythe94 3, sante 2, DERO 2, Quivorir 1, Hate 1, moginie 1, Gralin 1, Tarkyn_24 1, Yakker 1

Great start Demons. We'll need to be at our best again next week against the Old Boys if we're to match our total number of wins in Season 35 in the first two weeks of Season 36.

View attachment 1767750

Posting performance:
Demons Posting - Round 1 v Swamprats

Despite an unsuccessful Season 35 on the field, the Demons posting was incredibly strong. How could the posting from Season 35 possibly improve this season? Through the addidion of Gralin and Scythe94 along with the very welcome rejuvenation of Yakker! All three were among the top six Demons posters for the round.

Despite the efforts of okeydoke7, who unfortunately now has the huge task of editing three or four pages of posting from "1000" gifs to "999" gifs, the Demons contributed over 64% of the total posts for the match thread. And if the new reserves competition needs any justification you just need to point to the Demons list with 22 active posters in Round 1.

More than half of those posted more than 20 times and a couple of others fell just short, with Wosh, Headless and Tarkyn_24 joining the three previously mentioned in the top 6.

Great start to the season. And it actually feels good to be able to say Carn the Dees again in Season 36. Do I know how to back a winner or what?

View attachment 1767604

Deestroy Medal votes:
  • 3 votes: Quivorir
  • 2 votes: sante
  • 1 vote: PMBangers

Round 2 recap.png

Old Boys 131 - 113 Demons

Game performance:
Demons DT Stats - Round 2 v Old Boys
Conditions for this match - CLOUDY

Unfortunately we couldn't match out entire number of wins for Seaso 35 in the first two weeks of Season 36, throwing away a fairly strong position and lose a game we probably should have won.

Gralin had a huge game, finishig with 140 and Yakker pushed his average over 100 with his 126.
sante scored his second consecutive score in the 90s but I'm not going to mention that.
Hate played well in the ruck and Tarkyn_24 and cartwright were also very solid. Headless may have found a position where he dominates even more than 2nd Interchange, negating the opposition full forward in consecutive weeks.

Up forward, Wosh kicked 6 goals, taking her tally to 11 and showing what can be done from full forward against a full back that's not at the same level of quality as the domiant Demons full back. cooney and moginie were also dangerous in front of goal, kicking 3 each.

Spare a though thought for Quivorir who top scored with 102 in round 1 but followed it up with 2 this week. It's very unusual for Quiv not to score well after topping the averages with limited game time in Season 35.

Goal Kickers: Wosh 6, cooney 3, moginie 3, Tarkyn_24 2, Yakker 2, Hate 1

View attachment 1775521

Posting performance:
Demons Posting - Round 2 v Old Boys

Round 2 saw overall posting numbers in the match thread increase significantly over Round 1 against the Swamprats, despite several pages of "1000" gifs contributed by okey.

The top three posters were the same as last week except Gralin and Wosh swapped 1st and 3rd positions, with Headless remaining in 2nd spot for the second week in a row.
Scythe94 was very strong again in his second match for the Demons, finishing with the 4th highest post count.
Those four lead the Demons posting averages over the first two rounds, followed by SFA veterans Hate, Tarkyn_24, Yakker and manangatang, all averaging more than 40 posts per game along with myself.

Overall, the Demons currently have had 22 active posters both weeks with 3 posters averaging over 100ppg, 9 averaging over 40ppg and 15 averaging over 10ppg.

And the quality has been top class as well, with the Old Boys all rating the thread very highly. A sentiment reflected equally by the Demons regarding the Old Boys posting. Great thread.

View attachment 1775514

Deestroy Medal votes:
  • 3 votes: Gralin
  • 2 votes: Yakker
  • 1 vote: Wosh

Round 3 recap.png

Bombers 173 - 96 Demons

Game performance:
Demons DT Stats - Round 3 v Bombers
Conditions for this match - CLOUDY

Although we lost for the second game in a row, DT starts were actually higher than the Round 1 win and not much lower than the season high from Round 2.

The top three was the same as Round 2 with Yakker maintaining his 100+ average after cracking the ton again, and Gralin not far behind on 95.
PMBangers dominated up forward with 4 goals from his pocket with a lot of Demons forward entries coming through cooney. Wosh kicked another 4 goals from full forward.

cats2rise and DemonJim had good games and Headless found a lot of the ball at full back, while sante and Tarkyn_24 were a little down on the midfield. Quivorir failed to break double figures for the second time in a row after starting with a ton, but had company from cartwright in the single digits club.

Goal Kickers: Wosh 4, PMBangers 4, Gralin 2, Yakker 2, cooney 1, Hate 1

View attachment 1790667

Posting performance:
Demons Posting - Round 3 v Bombers

Overall posting was a little bit down against the Bombers, despite it being an enjoyable thread. We dropped below 22 match thread posters for the first time this season and contributed less than 50% of the total posts for the first time.
We still had 11 posters contribute more than 20 posts with seven of those reaching 40+.

Gralin finally started to come out of his shell with what was, at that time, huge numbers for him. Headless also cracked the ton for the third consecutive week, while manangatang , PMBangers and sante all had higher numbers than in the first two rounds.
Wosh only added three posts to her season total but it was enough to keep her average over 100 posts per week.

View attachment 1790653

Deestroy Medal votes:
3 votes: Yakker
2 votes: sausageroll
1 vote: Gralin

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 36 Team Thread | There's No Business Like Snow Business

Remove this Banner Ad

Back