Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Yeah consulation means copy.

Must say for a Mod who’s previously banned posters for bringing politics into this thread, you seem keen to start it up or are you on the grog again?
Who got banned for posting about politics? Would have thought me and American Crow would be the first heads to roll on that one. :)

Why yes, you'd take into account the relative populations. Queensland is the nearest in population for sure. The population density is very different though - QLD has 2.8 people per square kilometre, NZ has 18. I would expect that's why QLD has had less deaths? There have still been idiot clusters, and they've only been in quarantine for two and a bit weeks, but her early action has I think really made a difference and saved lives.

And yes, a fair whack of our deaths are due to some government idiot - haven't found the scapegoat yet - letting them all off a cruise ship to roam free, which NZ seemed to be smart enough to avoid.

They're still in full lockdown, but they're starting to talk about coming out of it

View attachment 857754

the economy will take a whack, but no one knows how much

View attachment 857760

I'm glad you've said she's done a good job; still not sure why Mutineer thinks she done a bad one
Because she’s a SHE and because she cares. Complete opposite of our pork chop.

That would be great. We could go back to normal but you have to keep the borders closed. Thats the problem. You would have people like Misty Lake howling about how unfair it is and people just generally trying to get around the border restrictions. If we were the only state with no cases, every man and his dog would be trying to get in.
I’m not planning on coming down until the footy starts so no worries there.
Cairns and region has stopped at 32 cases for over a week. With only 8 active now so looks like this area is almost free of it now. Funny how the restrictions are still increasing at retail outlets.

2 new cases today (I’m guessing one of those is 1990crow) and recoveries now at 254, 58% of our total cases. 11 in hospital, 4 in ICU with one of those critical.
The other is an ICU nurse at NRAH which is the biggest concern as means many staff are now quarantined.

Why yes, you'd take into account the relative populations. Queensland is the nearest in population for sure. The population density is very different though - QLD has 2.8 people per square kilometre, NZ has 18. I would expect that's why QLD has had less deaths? There have still been idiot clusters, and they've only been in quarantine for two and a bit weeks, but her early action has I think really made a difference and saved lives.

And yes, a fair whack of our deaths are due to some government idiot - haven't found the scapegoat yet - letting them all off a cruise ship to roam free, which NZ seemed to be smart enough to avoid.

They're still in full lockdown, but they're starting to talk about coming out of it

View attachment 857754

View attachment 857760

I'm glad you've said she's done a good job; still not sure why Mutineer thinks she done a bad one
Probably being of the hard right variety he is intimidated by strong intelligent women to the left.
Now if she was wearing an apron and tied to the kitchen sink he would absolutely adore her.

Where did you get that info from, our Biggest infection rate is from Europe, followed by Cruise Ships then its the US
Europe is more than 1 country.

It was a graph which was around a few weeks ago. It was USA 1st, daylight 2nd, then Italy, with China taking the bronze medal.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't our PM copy NZ's PM when she closed their national border the following day and asked her for advice before doing it.....?
Scotty from Marketing hasn't got a visionary bone in his body. He had to create a national cabinet to generate a strategy and make decisions because Hawaii is not available to make yourself scarce during a national emergency.

Of course their response was racist - and this government has form in this regard. They have many, many, many years of form.

It is very obvious that their reactions were completely different when they were shutting the brown people out, compared with shutting the white people out.

Racism means treating people of different races differently - and there is no other possible explanation for why Italy & the USA were treated so very differently to China, South Korea & Iran.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not objecting to how quickly they shut the borders to China, South Korea and Iran. Those were the right decisions, and they were implement in a timely manner. The problem is that they allowed their colour vision to dictate their slow response when other countries became the world's epicentres for the disease.
This may be your most ridiculous post of all time - and there’s hot competition for that award too.

This may be your most ridiculous post of all time - and there’s hot competition for that award too.
Nah the most ridiculous post in this thread would be Elite Crow's one complaining about people politcising Corona Virus while he spends nearly his entire time in here cheerleading for Scomo and scowling at anybody who says anything negative about him.

And.... no. The passengers who have died all had the disease before they got off the ship. The "government idiot" isn't responsible for a single death to date. The "government idiot" is only responsible for secondary infections - people who catch CV-19 after being exposed to passengers after they disembarked the ship. The last count I saw was only 19 secondary infections, none of which had resulted in a death.

View attachment 857754

View attachment 857760

Like it or not, Mutineer is 100% correct on this one. Jacinda is widely loved outside of Aotearoa, but is nowhere nearly as popular among the residents of the Land of the Long White Cloud. This has everything to do with NZ domestic politics, and nothing to do with her handling of CV-19 or the Chch massacre. There is a very good chance that she won't survive the upcoming election, which is due in a few months time.

Like it or not, Mutineer is 100% correct on this one. Jacinda is widely loved outside of Aotearoa, but is nowhere nearly as popular among the residents of the Land of the Long White Cloud.

I will say she has probably dealt with more than any previous NZ PM in history, during her tenure.

She handled the NZ mass shootings very quickly and decisively, then the Coronavirus again her actions were quick. In a crisis, she has conducted herself a lot better than many world leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need more hot PMs and Presidents imo around the world, given most of them are incompetent might as well look attractive.
Imagine if George Clooney was president of the US? We'd all be feeling optimistic right now instead of looking at trump everyday.
I hope NZ keep Jacinda on, she's nice to look at in these difficult times...

We need more hot PMs and Presidents imo around the world, given most of them are incompetent might as well look attractive.
Imagine if George Clooney was president of the US? We'd all be feeling optimistic right now instead of looking at trump everyday.
I hope NZ keep Jacinda on, she's nice to look at in these difficult times...

I would have faith in Clooney, he would handle the Coronavirus like in Oceans 11.

EveryPeacefulEskimodog-max-1mb.gif

Nah the most ridiculous post in this thread would be Elite Crow's one complaining about people politcising Corona Virus while he spends nearly his entire time in here cheerleading for Scomo and scowling at anybody who says anything negative about him.
All you've proven by this post is your'e a ******* flog who can't even follow the argument.

Nothing wrong with what she's done in her handling of the Covid-19 but all this fapping over her in general is not how she's perceived performance wise at home where she's failed dismally on several of her core election platforms i.e. housing the big one. Polling as of February had NZ Labour trailing the Nats.

It's funny how you posted this without realizing Adern leads a minority government whose party lost the primary vote by a considerable margin.

2017 election results she lost 44-36 and February polls are 46-41

Scotty from Marketing hasn't got a visionary bone in his body. He had to create a national cabinet to generate a strategy and make decisions because Hawaii is not available to make yourself scarce during a national emergency.
You do realise that a nation cabinet is an extension of COAG? It nothing new

Last edited:
It's funny how you posted this without realizing Adern leads a minority government whose party lost the primary vote by a considerable margin.

2017 election results she lost 44-36 and February polls are 46-41
You're talking out of your behind, I'm well aware of the New Zealand Political System. What's really funny is you'd think that I wasn't aware of it.

I cant imagine any Crows poster has been banned on here in the last two months? Surely not?
I think you would have to post some pretty crazy shit to get kicked out. The moderation on this site is fairly relaxed. I've been on other message boards with stricter mods where half the Adelaide board would probably get booted off in no time, me included.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back