Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
You're talking out of your behind, I'm well aware of the New Zealand Political System. What's really funny is you'd think that I wasn't aware of it.

You brought up polls showing her party behind as if they had any relevance.

The facts are her party has gained more ground since the election than the opposition in terms of polling.

But what really matters will be who the minority parties form alliances with.

You brought up polls showing her party behind as if they had any relevance.

The facts are her party has gained more ground since the election than the opposition in terms of polling.

But what really matters will be who the minority parties form alliances with.
No shit Sherlock.

Because Ardern is not fapped over in her own country like she is in other countries. Currently she's far from a certainty to get re-elected.

It seems like, based on these polls you like to reference, that actually NZ citizens DO fap over her

"Ardern does have one big advantage -- her personal popularity. She remains the country’s preferred prime minister by a wide margin, with 42% support compared with just 11% for National leader Simon Bridges."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ardern-faces-tight-election-battle-poll-shows

But it's not her personal popularity that's the issue in terms of her chances for getting relected

ABAB

View attachment 857779

giphy.gif
I'll see you and raise you an Annastacia Palaszczuk

I know it doesn't suit the agendas of some on here but his efforts are being appreciated by some.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/po...emier-heaps-praise-on-pm-20200414-p54jle.html

'He is doing an outstanding job': Queensland Premier heaps praise on PM
In a rare act of bipartisanship, Queensland's Labor Premier has lauded Prime Minister Scott Morrison's leadership during the coronavirus crisis.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said previous meetings between state leaders and the Prime Minister "just become people talking at each other" but during the crisis the teamwork was "phenomenal".
"What we have seen at the national level [is] unprecedented co-operation and decision-making," she said.
"I want to commend the way in which the Prime Minister is chairing the meetings, he is doing an outstanding job bringing all of the states together and listening.

"I think it is really important here, the Prime Minister is listening to the states and he is responding."
Ms Palaszczuk hoped weekly national cabinet meetings could continue after the pandemic.

What's your take on landlord insurance not paying out unless you sue the tenants at the tribunal? The government wants me to do the reasonable thing and negotiate lower rental rates but the insurance company won't pay me a dime if I do that.

Sue the tenants, collect the insurance. It's not rocket science. Or absorb the cost yourself. Your insurance company only pays out in certain circumstances.

Sue the tenants, collect the insurance. It's not rocket science. Or absorb the cost yourself. Your insurance company only pays out in certain circumstances.
Personally I’d be exploring the insurance option first.

If you go before a magistrate they’ll probably finish up crying hardship then agree to pay off the debt at $10p/mth over the next 10 years. Then after making the first 2 payments they’ll stop paying again. Then you’d have to get them in front of a magistrate again .. and the cycle continues

Losing the argument pal, first you said it was a given that she was getting booted out then presented with conflicting evidence indicating otherwise you start sooking like a little baby.
Give it a rest

Personally I’d be exploring the insurance option first.

If you go before a magistrate they’ll probably finish up crying hardship then agree to pay off the debt at $10p/mth over the next 10 years. Then after making the first 2 payments they’ll stop paying again. Then you’d have to get them in front of a magistrate again .. and the cycle continues

Don't rent to people without something resembling an asset base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The arrogance, audacity and hypocrisy of this is ridiculous.

Uproar as McDonald's 'bans black people from entering their stores in a Chinese city out of fears they might have coronavirus

Europe is more than 1 country.

It was a graph which was around a few weeks ago. It was USA 1st, daylight 2nd, then Italy, with China taking the bronze medal.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
A Few weeks a long time, But you should get you data from the National Covid 19 Site it's more up to date and accurate.
Also, have not seen a graph that singles out the US, all the Graphs I have seen use the term Americas, which include Canada, US, Mexico and South America,

Try this page for Starters There also some interesting data about age groups,

Losing the argument pal, first you said it was a given that she was getting booted out then presented with conflicting evidence indicating otherwise you start sooking like a little baby.
Care to post the quote where I said that?

I’m kind of inclined to think the government acted on medical advice on this one. The fact most of our issues came in through the US back door is just because the US were also caught on the hop. We were looking “East” and forgot to look “West”. Rather than a racist thing.

I'm inclined to agree with this, but it's difficult to know how much was racism and how much was ignorance.

also, "US were also caught on the hop" is a hot take on what happened there

Nothing wrong with what she's done in her handling of the Covid-19

So, she's done a good job, and you chose to show that in a thread about that very subject by "disliking" something that intimates she's done a good job? Why drag something else into it? Why can't you just say, "I don't like her politics, what with all the niceness and stuff, but she's done a good job"? You're broken inside Mutineer.

And.... no. The passengers who have died all had the disease before they got off the ship. The "government idiot" isn't responsible for a single death to date. The "government idiot" is only responsible for secondary infections - people who catch CV-19 after being exposed to passengers after they disembarked the ship. The last count I saw was only 19 secondary infections, none of which had resulted in a death.

We are very lucky these people that got off the ship haven't gotten anyone else killed. At any rate, I suspect there will be some sort of official inquiry into what happened there.

I will say she has probably dealt with more than any previous NZ PM in history, during her tenure.

She handled the NZ mass shootings very quickly and decisively, then the Coronavirus again her actions were quick. In a crisis, she has conducted herself a lot better than many world leaders.

She had a volcano too. There's probably an argument that she may have achieved more if she hadn't had these disasters, but by the same token, every leader has disasters, it's up to them to lead through it. She just happens to have had a few big ones, but she keeps leading.

I think you would have to post some pretty crazy shit to get kicked out. The moderation on this site is fairly relaxed. I've been on other message boards with stricter mods where half the Adelaide board would probably get booted off in no time, me included.

The best part is the PMs.

Well I bet he doesn't quote himself..
This may go some way to explaining the NZ response in regard to closing their borders and locking down business. They currently have less ICU beds than SA with a population 2.5 greater. They are in the process of increasing that capacity now to around 530-540.

I suspect they’d also have limited ability to manufacture their own PPE etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back