Preview NAB Cup Round 1 Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

signs are looking good...

shocking start, but we are dominating now, game just about done

young guys look good, hard to judge anyone in the backline

the most exciting thing is the tackling! from the captain down, it is ferocious

Yep. fantastic attack on the ball and man. it's awesome to see it's not just the top guys, the whole list has caught the bug. If only Ben Sinclair had a bit more poise, the guy is a maniac.

Krakouer 2 out of 2 clearances while in the centre square.

what i took from it was simply the players getting the cobwebs out - laying hard tackles, putting in place the strategies, constant pressure on the opposition. the scoring, the margin, the result were all irrelevant - just to have a run against someone else trying, despite their lacklustre squad.

apart from my boy JYE :D, the highlight for me was dawes. a guy his size could have easily gone off the rails after such an amazing rise. but no, straight into it as if the GF was last week. he is gonna fight tooth & nail to NEVER lose his spot - and thats a fantastic thing.

good times.

loving the look of the kids especially Jye Bolton.

Oh and wow at Daisy! his attack on the ball carrier was fanatical. I didnt think it was possible but did he just take his game to another level:eek:
Oh and whats is with Wood's death tap work, was crazy in the first half!

Sidebottoms been killing it. Getting the ball a whole bunch and using it well when he does, save for the kick oof of course. Looking pretty good considering the players missing, Dawes is primed for a huge year.

Steele Sidebottom is going to be an unbelievable player.

Taz looks rusty.

Don't like the advantage rule either, players play on reflex and don't often know that they are less advantaged.

And what is it with every team trying to bomb kick ins to the middle of the ground to break the zone, can't see that lasting.

Not liking our forward entries too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Buckley will get another chance any time soon, he looked very poor. Pretty much the only downside of a solid performance by the team.

I don't think Buckley will get another chance any time soon, he looked very poor. Pretty much the only downside of a solid performance by the team.

Agreed, constantly looks confused when he has the ball and does **** all defensively.

Also good to see Wood's bulked up a little bit, and managed to dominate against two admittedly shit opponents in Hampson and the Richmond random.

That's a bit harsh Zahki, he coached us to two wins in the one night ;)

Seriously though i didn't think Simon Buckley looked that bad on the field. Made a few mistakes but got a bit of it.

Jye Bolton, Kirk ugle, sidey, blairy, dawes, all providing big smiles.:D

Taz and Krak both looked nervous. Learning from last year with Jolly and Ball, they should get better with a few more games under their belts. Thought buckley was playing for Carlton..........

Ben Reids kicking ey, how good is it!?!

EDIT* Manic post is a bit manic.

The good
  • Daisy - He appears to have found a gearbox from a Mack Truck. He keeps shifting up and up :eek:
  • Sidebottom - Still showing more and more. Loving the chasing.
  • Blair - Awesome small tank is awesome
  • Bolton - Good start
  • Krakouer - Showed 07 Leon-like tenacity and willingness to chase hard. Lovely snap at goal to end the night
  • Keefe - Nice hands! Reasonable depth in kicking, too
  • Dawes - Showing his leading skills nicely. Good snapping and set shots
  • Pendles, Ball, Shaw, O'Brien, Brown all humming along as if this was still a praccy (I mean that in a good way)

The not-quite-as-good
  • Buckey - In any other team would seem reasonable. In this one, just ordinary
  • Tarrant - Not quite the discipline yet, skillwise. Seems like he's still finding his feet back in the squad
  • THE flipping OUT OF BOUNDS RULE
  • Overall - not enough burying of Carlton :D

Well, tasty but unsatisfying start to the year. Bring on next week...

Remember all those ignorant knobs on here that said that Reid couldn't kick? lol!

All in all a pretty good effort by the boys and some promising signs from a few kids i.e. Sinclair, Bolton and Keefe (when he settled).

Taz and Krak looked in need of the run to settle into our game style. Krak did some very nice things but does lack some pace (Yarran is quick though).

Liked Wood's ruck work.

No injuries that I could notice which is good.

Oh yeah, Blair was awesome!

Pretty solid work-out and no injuries. Dawes copped a knock, but seems OK. Blair was very good. He'll be hard to tip out of the side on that form. Most of the vets were good; Pendles, Harry, Shaw etc. Dawes and Sidey were good. Wood did some nice things, especially some of his taps, although I'd like to see him do more around the ground. Keefe was good. Very happy with the rookies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back