Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we will lose this game looking at the teams and being in Geelong, if some young kids stand up I will be happy though.

As long as we play well and don't get Flogged.

I say we are a Chance as the Kids and New Players be trying harder then the Players that are already in there side

I think they are still a top 8 side while they have Johnson, Bartell, Enright, Kelly, Selwood, Taylor, Lonergan and Hawkins around but after that there is a drop off.

IMO they are no longer a top 4 team.
You're right to a certain degree but don't forget we have Motlop and a few others in the wings. We might drop off this year but it's hard to see other teams catching up enough, tigers, blues and dons all have major deficiencies. I'd say you guys are probably a couple of experienced heads short also. You'd wanna hope White can the job lynch couldn't last year. I do too cause he's in my SC side!

I think they are still a top 8 side while they have Johnson, Bartell, Enright, Kelly, Selwood, Taylor, Lonergan and Hawkins around but after that there is a drop off.

IMO they are no longer a top 4 team.
Don't underestimate players like Christiansen, Motlop and Caddy (he'll get there imo). Remember how good their VFL depth is, even if it is a bit untested. I do sort of agree with you about them just being a top 8 side now rather than a top 4 certainty, but they have a knack of proving us all wrong time and time again.

But if we win player X, Y & Z played very well but Geelong were off their game.
And if we lose it's Buckley's fault. Sack him
Edited for accuracy
There's a thread on our board. Banter away. For what it's worth we'll smash you cause it's at SS :p ;)
Like you smashed Freo in the QF......:oops::p

So something like:

B. Ramsey Frost Williams
HB. Langdon Keeffe Armstrong
C. Young Pendles Lumumba
HF. Frontbum White Lynch
F. Elliott Cloke Marsh

R. Grundy Ball Beams

Int from. Adams, Kennedy, Macaffer, Fasolo, Mooney, Broomhead, Maxwell, Hudson, Yagmoor.
Sub. Freeman

4 or 6 on bench this year?

Dare say Buckley will want to test 3 prong Cloke, White and Lynch/Hudson out.

Maxwell and Yagmoor could easily be in for Langdon and Ramsey respectively but personally would like to see the 2 newbs have a run.

It is actually hard to fit in all the players as there is genuine reasons to give all a run,don't be so sure to write off our chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice strong squad, not mucking around too much.

Love that Marsh, Freeman and Langdon have been named, hopefully they survive the cut.

No shock that Swanny isn't there, he was always on a modified programme.

We'll probably lose but more so because it's on their own dung heap, not so much based on overall talent.

Bring it on, footy's back, even if it is only the pre season.:):thumbsu:

Don't underestimate players like Christiansen, Motlop and Caddy (he'll get there imo). Remember how good their VFL depth is, even if it is a bit untested. I do sort of agree with you about them just being a top 8 side now rather than a top 4 certainty, but they have a knack of proving us all wrong time and time again.

Are quality players as is varcoe but they compliment rather then what you build a team around.

Taylor Adams to collect 35 possessions
Jesse White to kick 5 goals
Brodie Grundy to get 40 hit outs
Ben Kennedy to get 10 clearances
Tim Broomhead to show everyone why he will be one of our best recruits in years

Love that Marsh, Freeman and Langdon have been named, hopefully they survive the cut.

We'll probably lose but more so because it's on their own dung heap, not so much based on overall talent.

Why wouldnt they make the cut? NAB is always about playing the kids.

The Kids did Survive the Cut

Indeed, a combination of injury and squad rotation has conspired to see senior team regulars Jarryd Blair, Nathan Brown, Sam Dwyer, Ben Reid, Paul Seedsman, Dane Swan, Josh Thomas and Alan Toovey unavailable for selection.

Wow, really? So who the hell is in defense?

Looking forward to seeing the boys go about it. Wrapt to see the young blokes get a run.

Possible line up:

B - Maxwell Frost Ramsay
HB - Williams Keeffe Armstrong
C - Young Beams Lumumba
HF - Adams Cloke Sidebottom
F - Elliott White Lynch
R - Grundy Ball Pendlebury
INT - Macaffer Kennedy Clarke Broomhead Freeman
SUBS - Langdon Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad