Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Frost & Keeffe KPD

Hm...yeah, well I guess we'll have to hope we can cut midfield supply because they're playing with a borderline full squad. Yeah I expect to lose, but I after so long without footy, I don't want to watch a complete whitewash.

As always, I don't have high expectations of the final score going our way BUT, as always I will enjoy seeing how the new kids go, how the new trade players go and how some of our emerging second and third year players shape up.

Hm...yeah, well I guess we'll have to hope we can cut midfield supply because they're playing with a borderline full squad. Yeah I expect to lose, but I after so long without footy, I don't want to watch a complete whitewash.

Agreed. Just happy to have footy back.
Be good to see how the small defenders go....

Agreed. Just happy to have footy back.
Be good to see how the small defenders go....

I think I want to see how we structure up.

Also wouldn't hurt to see how much hunger appears to be in the belly. The distinct giving of zero f**ks for the last 2 seasons was maddening.

I think I want to see how we structure up.

Also wouldn't hurt to see how much hunger appears to be in the belly. The distinct giving of zero f**ks for the last 2 seasons was maddening.

The structure will be good to see.
Although would have liked to see how Reid, Cloke and White look together up forward.
I dare say at some point this season we will see all of Cloke, White and Lynch up forward so will be interesting to see how that goes.

Excited to see Taylor Adams.

Players who have played a game who aren't named:
Blair
N.Brown
Dwyer
Fasolo
Goldsack
Hudson
Karnezis
Martin
Mooney
Oxley
Reid
Seedsman
Sinclair
Swan
Thomas
Toovey
Witts

vs

Christensen
Cowan
McIntosh
Menzel
Motlop
Murdoch
Selwood
Thurlow

Geelong pretty comfortably, I reckon.
Just a few VFL players on the list there. Oxley Martin Witts Sinclair Mooney Hudson Karnesiz

Moderately strong line up we are fielding. Cats team looks rather strong. Wouldn't be surprised if we got flogged overall in this one but I couldn't care less. As long as the main boys get through unscathed and we build up match fitness, it's all rosy.

No Dwyer, Goldsack, Blair, Brown, Reid, J Thomas, Toovey, or Swan in the mix. Can't wait to see these boys next.

Still fantastic to see Alex Fasolo, Clinton Young, Jackson Ramsay and Timmy Broomhead all return to the field after injury interrupted seasons.

Jesse White, Taylor Adams and Nathan Freeman as the new recruits will also be great to see just how they fit in at Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players who have played a game who aren't named:
Blair
N.Brown
Dwyer
Fasolo
Goldsack
Hudson
Karnezis
Martin
Mooney
Oxley
Reid
Seedsman
Sinclair
Swan
Thomas
Toovey
Witts

vs

Christensen
Cowan
McIntosh
Menzel
Motlop
Murdoch
Selwood
Thurlow

Geelong pretty comfortably, I reckon.

Out of interest, how many of those are actually in your best 22 if everyone is fit and available?

For us, I'd say Christensen, McIntosh, Menzel, Motlop and Selwood would be best 22 for us, with Murdoch on the fringe.

Out of interest, how many of those are actually in your best 22 if everyone is fit and available?

For us, I'd say Christensen, McIntosh, Menzel, Motlop and Selwood would be best 22 for us, with Murdoch on the fringe.
Swan, Brown, Fasolo, Reid, Seedsman, Thomas and Toovey are all best 22 with Blair, Dwyer, Goldsack just outside.

N.Brown, Reid, Seedsman, Swan, Thomas, and Toovey. Fasolo if he can recapture form from two seasons ago. Blair, Dwyer and Goldsack will probably get regular games, however IMO they each have their limitations and could be overtaken by some of the younger guys.

Still fantastic to see Alex Fasolo, Clinton Young, Jackson Ramsay and Timmy Broomhead all return to the field after injury interrupted seasons.

Jesse White, Taylor Adams and Nathan Freeman as the new recruits will also be great to see just how they fit in at Collingwood.

Thought the club announced Fasolo wouldn't be playing

Brown (FB), Reid (CHB/CHF), Swan(Mid), Toovey(BP), Seedsman (HBF), Dwyer(HFF), Goldsack(HBF/HFF), Sinclair(BP)
J.Thomas(HFF/Mid), Fasolo(HFF),Blair (HFF/FP/Mid).

Don't underestimate players like Christiansen, Motlop and Caddy (he'll get there imo). Remember how good their VFL depth is, even if it is a bit untested. I do sort of agree with you about them just being a top 8 side now rather than a top 4 certainty, but they have a knack of proving us all wrong time and time again.

Id say both clubs are re-jiging their best 22 and their list for a strong group 2015/2016 on. Both clubs are aware of the GC and GWS list that will mature into a group of distorted strength , so we are acting the long term interests of the clubs now. Not by signing players on 9 year deal but rebuilding with youthful talent.

So does it rule out this year. Not totally for either club but its more likely to be an up and down year with more kids playing and adding experience. But if players like Caddy , Adams , Thurlow , Grundy , Smedts , Kennedy... play beyond their years either club could surprise

For this week , I'd expect Geelong to play slightly less kids than the Pies but lets face it. The result is probably 5th or 6th in the order of importance once the game is finished.

Our best 22? Swan, Reid, Toovey, Seedsman, Brown and Dwyer. Fasolo maybe, but he wasn't exactly producing before he was injured.

Of course, Sinclair, Blair and Goldsack are in Buckley's 22 as well, but that's another debate altogether...

Id say both clubs are re-jiging their best 22 and their list for a strong group 2015/2016 on. Both clubs are aware of the GC and GWS list that will mature into a group of distorted strength ,

So does it rule out this year. Not totally for either club but its more likely to be an up and down year with more kids playing and adding experience. But if players like Caddy , Adams , Thurlow , Grundy , Smedts , Kennedy... play beyond their years either club could surprise

I don't think either club would be worried about the new clubs and their reported Power years.
I reckon that both Scott and Buckley realised that their sides needed tweeking and did it while they still have a strong core group of player.
We culled a heap of players and experience last year, knowing that they weren't going to take us forward in the future.
I have a feeling that the Cats might be doing that at the end of this season also.
I still have both of our clubs comfortably in the top eight, and pushing for top four though. there is too much class to drop out AFAIC.
Just out of interest, how many guys did Geelong debut last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back