Review NAB1: Port v Sydney Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are photos from AFL photos website of last years guernsey and Amon from yesterday. Notice the V has changed slightly. There is bugger all difference IMO.

361519.jpg
418924.jpg

I think it was the big black clouds and maybe the swans wearing more red than white ( compared to WCE's all white top and white shorts) that made it look darker.

419028.jpg
It looks better wet with the lights on REH

Not to make this a pissing competition - "We had more player out than you." etc - But of our 26 players yesterday, only 5 players were regular selections if fit in 2015; Carlile, Jonas, Polec, Trengove, and White. Besides Polec, all of these are basically "blue-collar" players that are not overly rated outside of Port Adelaide! The last three also didnt see much game time. Then we had Four more young players that show promise and have put their hands up, but are not yet guaranteed regular starters; Colquhoun, SGray, Neade, and Ah Chee. The rest of the team are SANFL Magpie players. We also played two less players, and simulated 2016 conditions with less rotations. Honestly not saying this as an insult, but if I was a Sydney coach/official, and/or supporter, I would be very embarrassed after that game!
To be fair Sydney don't usually GAF about pre season .

The thing I loved about the game is the system used. Yes they went wide down the wings but they did it with speed. If you put some of our better kicks streaming down that flank a lot of that ball would have hit the hot spots a lot more. Felt Sydney held on to possession a lot so some of their stats were flattering. We should have punished them a lot more on the rebound in that game.

We also struggled to hold the ball in our forward line when we got it down there. Hinkley had a wry smile on his face when he said how some of there senior players were allowed to handball because out youngsters didn't pin their arms. Something to work on I would imagine. I also was impressed with our defensive pressure all over the ground. We gave a way a few free kicks but I saw the influence of Basset in there. Our players seem to be giving their opponent a lot less space.

12747255_10153588191123882_2176773036613101047_o.jpg

Really cool photo, I love behind the scenes shots like this.

They both look like they are dropping satisfying deuces if you ask me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They both look like they are dropping satisfying deuces if you ask me.
That's whats cool about it. Is there anything better than a satisfying deuce? It warms my heart to see others experience a good deuce.

That's whats cool about it. Is there anything better than a satisfying deuce? It warms my heart to see others experience a good deuce.

Blacktown Battleshits - PAFC Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Review NAB1: Port v Sydney Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back