Nathan Krakouer possibly heading home

Remove this Banner Ad

what about pick 36 + 20 for krakoeur + 24

Port loose: Krakoeur and 24
Port gain: 36 and +4 upgrade of their second rounder.

WC loose: pick 36 and a -4 downgrade of second rounder
WC gain: Krakoeur

Doesn't pick 24 belong to Carlton? I'm not so sure they'd want to give it to West Coast in exchange for them getting Krakouer.

serious or sarcasm?
I think its pretty fair, especially if we have done our homework on what port and freo would take in the draft at these picks. Could be who we want to take is a high certainty of not going to port/melb/freo anyway at around this pick.

sarcasm.jpg

How do you know it's absurd hyperbole?
How do I know that "God-like awareness" is absurd hyperbole?

Just a hunch, I guess.

And the part where you described a player's ability as "God-like".

Read the in the Power section and you will see similar rave reviews by some people in the know. The Fridge has written one a few posts up. Also go to other Power fan forums elsewhere on the the site. Massive wraps on young Krak.
Did they also describe his awareness as "God-like"?

He's got that much potential its not funny.
Is his potential "God-like"?

I hope we pick him up. We definitely need a small goal kicker now and hed be right up there. Probably don't rate him as highly as Yarran but not too far behind. Couldnt get Yarran with a mid second rounder so Id love us to grab Krak with a pick for Warnock/Campbell.

Doubt it'll happen though. Port would want more than just Carr and a mid-2nd round.

not our second rounder but if we got a pick in the early-mid 30s id definitely go for it. i think he'll be a great player if he builds himself up a bit. definitely worth a 30+ pick.

the thing is, port probably rate him prety highly potential-wise. maybe not as much as some people on here, but i doubt theyd be prepared to give him away for that sort of offer especially seeing as hes contracted.

For Carr and a 2nd rounder i'd personally snap your hand off. Especially considering he has said he wants to go home anyway.

Ebert>>>>> Krakour>> whoever gets picked with pick 20

I suggest anyone with a brain look what other clubs recruiting staff think of Krakour, not listen to Port people pumping up his tyres trying to get an over the top trade, or Freo and WC people believing there own dribble that he is rubbish and has baggage. Doesnt mean we will get what he is worth though.

Am I missing something why are we gonna trade for Carr when we will get him for free?

Very true he is worth whatever clubs offer but we dont have to take the offer if we think hes worth more.We dont want him to go full stop so im sure the club will try everything to get him to stay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is worth whatever clubs offer, so you will get that.

What Port would want is something quite different, but that has nothing to do with what Krakouer is worth.

OK Gunnar you made this comment in response to one of my earlier posts and I couldnt be bothered explaining it, but since you have raised it again. There are three worths.

1. What he is worth to Port. Port rate him very highly but given that he wants to go that worth is decreased.

2. His worth to whoever wants him. Pretty high, he has a lot of upside and will be a very good player. This is higher than his worth to Port as he will be at home where he wants to be.

3. His trade worth. This is the one that depends on what people are willing to offer. Most likely less than his worth to that club and probably lower than his worth to Port seeing as though there are only two bidders.

1. What he is worth to Port. Port rate him very highly but given that he wants to go that worth is decreased.
That has nothing to do with what he fetches in a trade.

You might think he's worth a first round pick, but unless another club agrees with that valuation it doesn't mean shit.

2. His worth to whoever wants him. Pretty high, he has a lot of upside and will be a very good player. This is higher than his worth to Port as he will be at home where he wants to be.
This is the only worth that will determine what you get in a trade.

He is worth whatever another club is prepared to give you.

3. His trade worth. This is the one that depends on what people are willing to offer. Most likely less than his worth to that club and probably lower than his worth to Port seeing as though there are only two bidders.
This is the same as the "second worth".

His trade worth is whatever another club will give you in return.

That has nothing to do with what he fetches in a trade.

You might think he's worth a first round pick, but unless another club agrees with that valuation it doesn't mean shit.

Unless Port decide to take a punt and keep him. Remember when Port decided not to trade with Collingwood for Nick Stevens? Ports value of the player still plays a role.

This is the only worth that will determine what you get in a trade.

He is worth whatever another club is prepared to give you.

No. For example we got Rodan for pick 70 or something (I know it wasnt a trade). His worth to us has been much more than that.

This is the same as the "second worth".

His trade worth is whatever another club will give you in return.

See above. His on field worth can be higher (or lower) than his trade worth, especially when the go home factor is involved.

His on field worth is dependant on how many games he can help you win. His off field worth is determined by what a club is willing to offer and what Port is willing to accept.

See above. His on field worth can be higher (or lower) than his trade worth, especially when the go home factor is involved.
But this conversation is only about his trade worth.

it's about how much Port could get in return for their player.

That is determined 100% by what another club would offer in return. His "on-field worth" is irrelevant.

Your so-called "three worths" are ridiculous. They have nothing to do with what Port could get in return for Krakouer. He is worth whatever another club will offer.

You're muddying a very simple principal for the sake of it.

His on field worth is dependant on how many games he can help you win. His off field worth is determined by what a club is willing to offer and what Port is willing to accept.
Again, we're talking about what you could get in return for him.

You're just going off on a tangent.

The David Rodan example is particularly erroneous. That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

The simple reality is that in a discussion of player trades, a player's worth is defined entirely by what another club will offer in return. It's inescapable. Once you move away from that, you start talking about something other than worth. You start talking about what the clubs want, which is a separate matter completely.

But this conversation is only about his trade worth.

it's about how much Port could get in return for their player.

That is determined 100% by what another club would offer in return. His "on-field worth" is irrelevant.

Your so-called "three worths" are ridiculous. They have nothing to do with what Port could get in return for Krakouer. He is worth whatever another club will offer.

You're muddying a very simple principal for the sake of it.

Again, we're talking about what you could get in return for him.

You're just going off on a tangent.

The David Rodan example is particularly erroneous. That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

The simple reality is that in a discussion of player trades, a player's worth is defined entirely by what another club will offer in return. It's inescapable. Once you move away from that, you start talking about something other than worth. You start talking about what the clubs want, which is a separate matter completely.

Well I disagree, but we are getign off topic so I wont continue.

Am I missing something why are we gonna trade for Carr when we will get him for free?

Because that will come back to bite you on the arse... say Krakouer doesn't get traded this year, still wants to come home at the end of his contract - what's not stopping Freo picking him up for zilch in the PSD, possibly at the height of his powers?

If we get your 3rd rounder for Carr, that would keep the peace.

Because that will come back to bite you on the arse... say Krakouer doesn't get traded this year, still wants to come home at the end of his contract - what's not stopping Freo picking him up for zilch in the PSD, possibly at the height of his powers?

If we get your 3rd rounder for Carr, that would keep the peace.

The difference is that Adelaide doesnt want Carr. Freo and West Coast would both want Krakour.

An auction with two bidders will get you a much higher price than an auction with one.

Krakouer does have a big x factor and upside, and coming from a way back in terms of body size and core strength he has been developing well.

I don't think either West Coast nor Fremantle would baulk at picking him up, confident in the knowledge that he has the potential to make it at AFL level.

What is his worth? Inescapably, it does depend on how much either club would be willing to give for a young, super fast player who needed and has had a few years in the system to develop strength-wise.

I don't think that Port would get what they want for him or believe he is worth. That said, they may need to live with that if the best offer is close to palatable.

If not, it would not surprise me at all for the club to turn around to him and treat him in a manner similar to the manner in which Geelong have treated Nathan Ablett this year - i.e. give him some time off, probably being all 2009, and see where he is at head wise and commitment wise at the end of the year. He is contracted for two years, and Port do not have to trade him. I doubt the cost of carrying him on the list would be too burdensome for the club (especially if he is getting nil incentive bonuses, etc) and the potential upside is greater than releasing him for a rubbish pick that we probably would not use.

The talk of this being the last uncompromised draft and therefore you'll miss out is a little over-rated I think....

The talk of needing to keep the peace with Fremantle and not take Carr in the PSD is a bit over rated too - especially when considering the past experiences regarding Francis, Schofield and even Freo posturing to get Carr via the PSD in '04.... The only reasons Port would look at a trade for Carr (should Port actually decide that he is valuable addition to our squad) is so we keep our first pick in the PSD (which I would argue is actually more valuable to us than a late pick in the draft) and to enable him to commence training with our squad earlier. I tend to think that Port won't go further than offering our fourth round draft pick for Carr should they choose to pursue him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Krakouer possibly heading home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back