National Draft - Luke Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone hear greg denham in the morning with KB on SEN. He was basically blaming collingwood for the luke ball trade by not giving them nathan brown and pick 30. He kept on saying " collingwood never wanna trade" words close to that. He is a w***er had to turn it off and listen to triple m :D

Did anyone hear greg denham in the morning with KB on SEN. He was basically blaming collingwood for the luke ball trade by not giving them nathan brown and pick 30. He kept on saying " collingwood never wanna trade" words close to that. He is a w***er had to turn it off and listen to triple m :D

Denham's being a wank.

If the deal is not feasible or worthwhile for our football club we won't trade.

Pick 30 + Nathan Brown was over the odds. Nathan Brown in a straight swap was overs.

The football club made the correct decision.

It won't matter anyway.

We will get Ball via the National Draft anyway when he decides to nominate and play for Collingwood.

Rival clubs are already beginning to rule him out in the National Draft, in the hope he nominates for the PSD i.e. Melb/Rich.

Denham's being a wank.

If the deal is not feasible or worthwhile for our football club we won't trade.

Pick 30 + Nathan Brown was over the odds. Nathan Brown in a straight swap was overs.

The football club made the correct decision.

It won't matter anyway.

We will get Ball via the National Draft anyway when he decides to nominate and play for Collingwood.

Rival clubs are already beginning to rule him out in the National Draft, in the hope he nominates for the PSD i.e. Melb/Rich.

look at all the accolades Luke Ball has recieved and then look at Nathan Brown. Luke Ball is a far better player than Brown. I would rather Ball than Brown any day

look at all the accolades Luke Ball has recieved and then look at Nathan Brown. Luke Ball is a far better player than Brown. I would rather Ball than Brown any day

Luke Ball had one year where he was an elite player and that was 5yrs ago.

Since then, injuries have cruelled him to the extent where his explosiveness and kicking depth have suffered. It is amazing to think how far Hodge and Judd are ahead of him.

Nathan Brown is a 20yr old full back. He would easily end Dawson's career and be the ideal replacement for Hudghton.

Saints are aware of his talents and that is why they asked for him. Also, young and talented KPP over the next few years are a premium with the compromised drafts.

Brisbane to make play for Ball:

The Australian said:
With Bradshaw set to leave, the Lions are understood to be poised to make a massive play for disenchanted St Kilda midfielder Luke Ball.

Ball is in the United States on holiday and the Lions said yesterday they would start negotiations next week with Ball's agent Paul Connors.

Brisbane could beat Collingwood and Melbourne to the punch. Both Victorian clubs are keen to secure Ball, but the Lions could use their first selection, at No27 overall, in November's national draft.

I think you will find Luke Ball will go to Melbourne, l believe that is his decision, and will nominate for only the PSD. Pies should turn their attention to a mature age recruit at No. 30, from either WAFL / SANFL/VFL.

I would not give Nafan for Ball + Pick 30... let alone blaming Pies if it didn't happen the other way...

Ball would've been good for pies... but Nafan >>>> for pies

Pretty much correct - except 25 for ball was never a 'fair' trade. Crikey Mclean went for 11, Lovett 16 - Luke's better than both.
He started in the GF - played 20 games this year, easy in our best 15 players this year. Any saints supporters saying otherwise are speaking from anger or loss. Ross stated he was a required member and offered a 3 year contract. the guys an AA, B&F, ex-captain.
Obviously he and ross have issues, which opened the door for you guys, but you obviously didn't want him as much as you intimated to his manager. Either that or you thought you could screw us over.
Left him a bit high and dry.
Both players would walk into your best 22, Luke Ball wasn't in your best 22 in season 09 and thats why he wasn't picked when fit.

Starting means nothing these days, remember that Dane Swan our best midfielder will start off the ground most games.

Your joke of a football club should have done right by this guy, he was loved by all players at the club and i'm tipping most of the staff. How do you think the rest of the side will be feeling. If they aren't in the best 22 they won't be treated right by the club no matter how much they give.
Ball wanted a out and wanted Collingwood, St. Kilda treated his wishes like dirt and he does have a lot of great friends at the club. I think there could evenbe a back lash next season because of this.

is it just me or has Luke and his management gone very quiet since draft week?

Melbourne and now Brisbane are chasing him but the lack of any comments gets me to thinking that he still wants to link up with us and the Club is playing its cards very close to its chest.

He's on holiday, will be back next week.

I think Ball will make his decision within the next week.

He's on holiday, will be back next week.

I think Ball will make his decision within the next week.

Agree. If Ball still wants to be at COllingwood he will just let basically every club know of his decision, and then he is ours to take

hopefully he does :)

Agree. If Ball still wants to be at COllingwood he will just let basically every club know of his decision, and then he is ours to take

hopefully he does :)

Similar to the Bradshaw-Sydney agreement that's now been reported.

Bradshaw will be going to Sydney via the PSD, no other club will pick him up.

We need to reach this kind of agreement with Ball, but with Brisbane now in the ballpark and with a higher pick than us in the ND, it's going to be tough.

Your joke of a football club should have done right by this guy, he was loved by all players at the club and i'm tipping most of the staff. How do you think the rest of the side will be feeling. If they aren't in the best 22 they won't be treated right by the club no matter how much they give.
Ball wanted a out and wanted Collingwood, St. Kilda treated his wishes like dirt and he does have a lot of great friends at the club. I think there could evenbe a back lash next season because of this.

With our club such a joke I'm guessing you would never take any of our retired players to be assistant coaches then. Wouldn't want our horrendous culture spreading at Pie land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With our club such a joke I'm guessing you would never take any of our retired players to be assistant coaches then. Wouldn't want our horrendous culture spreading at Pie land.
Your club is a joke, always has been and always will be. 1 flag in more than 110 years says it is.

As for taking one of your former players as a coach if he wants to make it as a coach in this game he had to come to Collingwood to learn from the best coaching staff in the AFL.

We didn't look for Gardiner, Montagna or Milne...or Lovett FWIW.

Hudghton comes with no baggage and has a desire to pass on his knowledge to our young key defenders.

Could have used him on GF day. Couldn't have been any poorer then Clarke & Dawson.

Back to Ball. I just can't see him getting to us in the ND given how weak this draft is.

We Won't get Him, He will go in the PSD or gone by Pick 30:mad:
Look im sorry TD, but this is required
no_shit_sherlock.jpg

we all know in fact its been posted alot of late

Also sherlock is a top notch dude

Remove this Banner Ad

National Draft - Luke Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back