National Draft/ PSD/ RD Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft picks for 2007 draft

15, 32, 37 and 64. Not sure we'll use any more.

We have lost Hay, Green, Urch, McConnell, Whyman and Arch. Assuming we are planning to promote Adams and Campbell, having added Power and Davies and having lost Moran, we only have 3 picks in the draft if my numbers are right.

I've put the 4th in just in case we delist one of Grima, Harding, Sansbury or Trotter.

Draft Picks

Now that Trade Week is over, can someone please post our Draft picks that we have in order.

Re: Draft Picks

Not sure about 80 and 64. Check my thread on the topic, but is short, if we don't deliste anyone else, we'll only have 3 picks in this draft.

Re: Our draft picks for 2007 draft

Should get someone decent around 32, 37. This type of draft always throws up some mid draft gems because clubs back the "one trick" ponies a little more. EG. They may have pace but struggle to get it. They learn to get it better then become a gem.

Is it sad or awesome that I am more confident our later picks will produce good players, than pick 15?

15, 32, 37 and 64. Not sure we'll use any more.

We have lost Hay, Green, Urch, McConnell, Whyman and Arch. Assuming we are planning to promote Adams and Campbell, having added Power and Davies and having lost Moran, we only have 3 picks in the draft if my numbers are right.

I've put the 4th in just in case we delist one of Grima, Harding, Sansbury or Trotter.

I'd be surpirsed if we went passed #37. Even so, I reckon we'll delist one of those players for the PSD at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Draft Picks

3 picks inside 40 not bad I think. According to most scribes the pool of talent will probaly stop about there,
Wonder if Pykie can give us an indication of who might be available at those picks.

Geez, I'm still trying to get my head around Trade Week

GR, as with the last 7 days, I suspect there will be a shite load of threads pertaining to each draft and given we have no footy discussion, I dont think we need one 'official' thread

Perhaps it is an aesthetic thing, but I hate a load of stickies (no pun intended) at the top of the board. The less the better in my view as some get stale pretty quickly.

Geez, I'm still trying to get my head around Trade Week

GR, as with the last 7 days, I suspect there will be a shite load of threads pertaining to each draft and given we have no footy discussion, I dont think we need one 'official' thread

Perhaps it is an aesthetic thing, but I hate a load of stickies (no pun intended) at the top of the board. The less the better in my view as some get stale pretty quickly.
I think we need an officla thread.

WHEN DONT WE?

If we gave away pick 96 we have to have a pick 80.

No we don't. We have that pick but we'll only use it if we delist 2 more players or fail to promote Adams or Campbell.

Actually, these are decent draft picks considering our high finish, and that we could have lost heaps in the trade period.

Firstly, I'm happy with our acquisitions, two kids that have potential but also senior football experience... they should slot nicely into the team.

National draft, best way to play it, is to just take the best player available at each pick. Its a simple formula. Yeah, we need midfielders and defenders, and maybe a couple of key forwards, but I think Nev will just take the cream of the crop at our stage to pick.

Pre season draft will be interesting... there will be some quality players in there. How many picks do we get. Expect Sellwood to pass on Brisbane's next offer and nominate the Roos as his club of choice- otherwise, I'm happy for a steal on an established player or take the best youth prospect- maybe even re-draft some of out delistings.

Rookie draft is pot luck anyway... couldn't say.

Pre season draft will be interesting... there will be some quality players in there. How many picks do we get. Expect Sellwood to pass on Brisbane's next offer and nominate the Roos as his club of choice- otherwise, I'm happy for a steal on an established player or take the best youth prospect- maybe even re-draft some of out delistings.

That would be a dream come true. Depends how many we pass during the ND.

my question is can we lure a big name player in psd and who ? i remember duff saying we had cash when judd was on the market . come on roos lets get somebody not nobodys .

There are still a couple of delistments to come...

They both start with the name Leigh:D

Hopefully your not refering to...Adams.... :eek:

MARIO TURCO 18 said:
3 picks inside 40 not bad I think. According to most scribes the pool of talent will probaly stop about there,
Wonder if Pykie can give us an indication of who might be available at those picks.

Pick 15 - David Gourdis/Cyril Rioli
Pick 32 - Robbie Tarrent
Pick 37 - Marlon Motlop
Pick 64 - Zane Murphy
Pick 80 - Rhyce Prismall

Would be a pretty good best case scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

National Draft/ PSD/ RD Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back