List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be telling if Murphy gets named in the 2025 leadership group.

If he is, his spot in the 23 is assured again.
Yep agree 100%. And frankly I would be amazed and SHOCKED if he makes it again after his horrid year this year. I agree with everyone saying he shouldn’t be in the leadership group and the fact he can “relate to players in and out of the team” (or similar words) was a piss poor reason to justify his extended leadership position this year. He tries hard but isn’t up to it.

It's possible you have misinterpreted this clause

It only prevents a club or player from extending the terms of the contract

A club could still implement a "reverse" of this, where the playing contract is a five year term, but if you only play 11 games in your 4th year the contract ends after 4 years. Which would be a reduction of the contract, not an extension.
He wouldn't have been listed as an Adelaide player out of contract this season then. His contract would have expired next year and then he'd be cut through the normal delisting process.

If such a 'trigger' exists, the more reasonable assumption that it was informal. And that his form this year is below "Both parties mutually agree to another year" but still not bad enough that it's worth causing other players with informal agreements to lose faith.

He wouldn't have been listed as an Adelaide player out of contract this season then. His contract would have expired next year and then he'd be cut through the normal delisting process.

If such a 'trigger' exists, the more reasonable assumption that it was informal. And that his form this year is below "Both parties mutually agree to another year" but still not bad enough that it's worth causing other players with informal agreements to lose faith.

It would depend whether the list uses the length of contract before or after the trigger, compared to the "technical" end of contract date.

It could very well be based on "what is the earliest date this contract could end". Clubs rarely announce supposed triggers being met as an "extension", which would be the case if it was actually an extension.

For example Smith was listed as a free agent, but we know from Brad Crouch that triggers don't count in that system.

And I guess technically Smith would have been "out of contract" at the start of 2024 if at that point he had played 0 games in the season where the trigger applies. He would not have met the requirements to fulfil the entirety of his contract terms until he had played the amount of games needed (eg 12)

I find it hard to believe there would be extensive discussion of contract triggers if those triggers were actually only informal and not enforceable

Matthew Wright? Even looks a bit like him.

He’s won two gold jackets alongside the likes of McLeod and Roo. What the hell is wrong with fans who turn on our players?

Rory is a club champion and done a mighty job. He's got the most out of his career through dedication and ability. It's not his fault he's been a club champion when we've never had so few champions running around. When Roo and Bunji were running around they had Rehn, Hart, Smart, Goodwin, Edwards, Jarman etc running around with them. They were great players in a very good team. Lairdy hasn't had those luxuries and his achievements are no less. The harsh truth is his skills, especially by foot are substandard, he's 31 in December, had an average year, on a high wage (deservedly) and we have a bunch of kids who need to take his spot and who might play in our next Premiership. I think he's a fair trade for Neal-Bullen because Melbourne may think they have one more shot and adding a player like Laird could help. He's a step-up on Billings and Hunter.

Realistically Welsh is going to need some pre season(s) , he’s got a hard slog in front of him re conditioning but can get there with mental application

Has serious weapons re speed and power if he can get his endurance up

The opposite of a vanilla player , a guy that can turn a game in 20 mins but I’m not expecting much next year other than a couple of sanfl bags

Hopefully 2026 though
some significant fitness issues - not sure how good he will go playing against men - a bit of a man child

some significant fitness issues - not sure how good he will go playing against men - a bit of a man child
I’d agree with that if he didn’t have some really elite athletic traits like his first 10M sprint

He’s also a very powerful kick of the football so doesn’t need many possessions to impact

Has some similar traits that Fog had

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep agree 100%. And frankly I would be amazed and SHOCKED if he makes it again after his horrid year this year. I agree with everyone saying he shouldn’t be in the leadership group and the fact he can “relate to players in and out of the team” (or similar words) was a piss poor reason to justify his extended leadership position this year. He tries hard but isn’t up to it.
The young and developing SANFL guys need leaders. Murph and Smith will be hugely valuable next year. :tonguewink:

A lot of players choose Port (or Gold Coast) so we get a lucky break here.

Of course there is no guarantees of what outcome there is next year shall we finish 15th, 14th or 8th.

Last edited:
There’s only one shit thread. Melbourne recently won a flag and consistently made finals until this year
So this is like exhibit A was great more recently, but exhibit B was great a longer time ago, but A is deteriorating greater than B, but is B is worse than A now? I would think that is not the case. Players want to stay in Adelaide, including the recent Berry. Who gives a stuff how Melbourne were 2021? They are in a massive decline now, and now challenging your 2 worst shits, blah, blah blah title. I expect more bullshit from you though, that is why I related you to Trump... an absolute narcissist.

So this is like exhibit A was great more recently, but exhibit B was great a longer time ago, but A is deteriorating greater than B, but is B is worse than A now? I would think that is not the case. Players want to stay in Adelaide, including the recent Berry. Who gives a stuff how Melbourne were 2021? They are in a massive decline now, and now challenging your 2 worst shits, blah, blah blah title. I expect more bullshit from you though, that is why I related you to Trump... an absolute narcissist.
lol, I’m so far from a narcissist it’s not funny. Still got the sooks up because I challenged you about your SANFL allegiances?

Only a narcissist would have such a response

lol, so if I call you a narcissist and you deny, can i say the same to you? Also see you got a big reaction in the likeness thread, that should be hint for you
Narcissistic people usually attract supporters to support their agendas. So it is not unusual for them to have supporters. They are often very smart people. They like to criticize whatever they can that goes against their belief system, and will try whatever they can to exterminate their enemies. I gave up replying to your SANFL posts, as I realized it was a waste of time, just like now. Reading likes for posts will not distinguish between the two. I believe that you do, at times, write constructive and useful posts, which I have liked myself, but often they are negative and aggressive to other posters. I wish you a great weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back