News New Jumpers For 2019 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The names of the threads are similar and should be separated by a name like "Official New Jumpers for the 2019 Premiership Season" for this thread and Jumpers Ideas for 2019 for the other. If this thread is for the news and the talk about New Jumpers that have been officially released, the title "Official New Jumpers for the 2019 Premiership Season" should be given.
They’re separated by the tag at the start of the thread name. This is for news.

The word news in the grey border is easy to miss. The title "Official New Jumpers for the 2019 Premiership Season" would highlight to people posting that it is for Official New Jumper news and not for jumper talk.
Look, I’d agree, but we’ve had the same name for the same thread (sans year obviously) going back to atleast 2015. The Jumper Ideas Thread has been similarly named as such for as long a time. You’re a seasoned regular around here, you should know that.

Looks like this will be worn in round one, if you’re going to celebrate 25 years, a throwback would’ve been so much better
We could just not celebrate anniversaries and other events with a crappy stylised version of the chevrons. This would've been the perfect time for a throwback, which would sell so much better than what they've gone with

I'm not sure how there can really be that much confusion between the new jumpers thread and the ideas thread, especially when we've been doing this for years and this thread title actually says "All Changes in OP" which would suggest it is for confirmation of new jumpers. But just to be sure, I'll post this quote, which is bolded in the OP, for the third time in the first three pages.

Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas don't belong in this thread, but are to go in here.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2018-10-02/25-years-of-freo

Confirmation of the Freo jumper. Looks like its a logo they're going to be using in various ways right throughout the year, including on the back of the regular jumpers.

Honestly though... they really are that attatched the the chevrons, aren't they.

Gee that's disappointing that Freo have decided against a throwback. Obviously someone in a key position at the Docker attachment to their current 'image' rather than respecting their past. Marketing department probably won't be pleased, a throwback anchor jumper would have sold like hotcakes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also we're only 3 days into the off season, and we've already got our first one-off! Hot diggity!

If we're going to go at a rate of releasing jumpers about once every three days I'm going to burst open with excitement! Who said there was no footy for six months?

I dig the idea but it's not like the chevrons are Freo's identity, not for me anyway. I'm always going to remember the red/green guernsey, which is what I thought they'd run with if they're going to celebrate their heritage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back