News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1550567

Crows jumper looks to be the exact same this season.
Looks like the "We fly as one" wordmark is now only on the black strip under the collar instead of being on both. Other than that, pretty solid. Still hate the collar, but looks like a good quality kit overall!

Red Clash Confirmed
TEAM-258-0-ADC-RDME23-ADLT-P1__86493.1667856179.jpg

The Carlton orange thing is like an interesting inverse of the Prison Bars issue. Carlton can point to their use of the colour orange over a century ago to say that it's one of their club colours, they work it into designs occasionally and... I don't imagine GWS are consulted even though it ends up looking exactly like their colour scheme. Port Adelaide have significantly more of a claim to the prison bars than Carlton do to orange, but they're always at Collingwood and the AFL's mercy over it.

I'm not sure where the orange has come from with Carlton, but I'm not a fan. For a clash, they should lean into the white chamois colour from the 1800s. Perhaps as a deep yolk with white shorts
Before Carlton wore navy blue they wore orange caps.

The Carlton orange thing is like an interesting inverse of the Prison Bars issue. Carlton can point to their use of the colour orange over a century ago to say that it's one of their club colours, they work it into designs occasionally and... I don't imagine GWS are consulted even though it ends up looking exactly like their colour scheme. Port Adelaide have significantly more of a claim to the prison bars than Carlton do to orange, but they're always at Collingwood and the AFL's mercy over it.
I'm confused. How is Carlton using orange on the outline of their sleeves and collar vs GWS using orange on their entire guernsey even remotely similar to the prison bars debate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm confused. How is Carlton using orange on the outline of their sleeves and collar vs GWS using orange on their entire guernsey even remotely similar to the prison bars debate?
Because orange is GWS's signature colour, Carlton's shade of blue looks a lot like charcoal, both clubs have a white symbol in the middle of the strip, it ends up looking pretty similar, about as similar as the prison bars do to Collingwood's black and white stripes. The difference being one club is new to the AFL so their branding doesn't get that level of protectionism.

Because orange is GWS's signature colour, Carlton's shade of blue looks a lot like charcoal, both clubs have a white symbol in the middle of the strip, it ends up looking pretty similar, about as similar as the prison bars do to Collingwood's black and white stripes. The difference being one club is new to the AFL so their branding doesn't get that level of protectionism.
I get what you're saying, but not every colour can be reserved. And in my opinion the prison bars clash is far more significant.

Guernsey---Flatlay---Front__79398.1655973937.jpg
765565_01_GWS_Home_Guernsey01__53628.1613108088.jpg

VS

WDiuwPIQoKjSaGp-800x800-noPad.jpg
2020NKEADMINCL1063010-BLKWHT-03-detail-8d0947d8-7f12-4bbf-8e0d-b46965485a8b.jpg

Fair enough, however based off my research, they only did this for a limited time in 1864, and moved to a blue and white cap in 1865.
They also wore Orange Caps in 1865 but with a Navy Blue hoop added
Carlton-Uniform1865.png
New breast sponsor for Brisbane en route.

Expect all clubs to have the apparel sponsor place taken within the next 2 years as manufacturing contracts are up. Too lucrative a deal for clubs to not offer it as a value add for sponsors and price out the apparel companies.
I doubt Sydney and Collingwood will have anything other than the Nike logo on the sternum anytime soon like how the Asics logo still remains on the Brisbane Broncos jersey with everyone else in the NRL selling that spot to other sponsors

I doubt Sydney and Collingwood will have anything other than the Nike logo on the sternum anytime soon like how the Asics logo still remains on the Brisbane Broncos jersey with everyone else in the NRL selling that spot to other sponsors
Sorry, I should have prefaced that by excluding Nike from the conversation.

It's for a specific round and for a charity, it's not the same at all

Expect all clubs to have the apparel sponsor place taken within the next 2 years as manufacturing contracts are up. Too lucrative a deal for clubs to not offer it as a value add for sponsors and price out the apparel companies.
Yep! XL Express has officially left the Major Partners, Classic has gone from "Platinum and Major Support Partners", and New Balance and Alpha Facilities Group are now listed as Supply Partners. Neds is still around, though :(

1667974850584.png

With Brisbane being a (pardon my Yank) small market club and their NB deal kicking off, this was inevitable. Let's hope for tasteful implementation.

With Brisbane being a (pardon my Yank) small market club and their NB deal kicking off, this was inevitable. Let's hope for tasteful implementation.
Yeah XL Express's logo is pretty average. Wouldn't mind hyundai taking that space and maybe Taubmans on the top and XXXX on the shorts again

Surely we protest to the AFL to ban this, I hate it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back