New SA soccer team--in Crows-type colours?

Remove this Banner Ad

raboyle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2001
X Convenience Oval, Elizabeth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC (SANFL), Port Melb (VFL)
I know it's on the wrong board, but it looks as if the SA Soccer Federation has managed to get a team in and they may even play in state colours of red, blue and gold.

Would anyone here follow an 'Adelaide United' team, especially if the team was decked out in these colours?

I posted this subject on the Soccer forum in the General Talk boards but knew that I wouldn't get a big response unless I posted here.

Originally posted by raboyle
Would anyone here follow an 'Adelaide United' team, especially if the team was decked out in these colours?
Soccer fans in Australia actually following the Australian competition?

What a novel concept. :p

I would if they played half decent. I wouldn't be die hard supporter like I am of the Crows. There is only a place for one soccer team in my heart and it FC Partizan (yes they are black and white and they just qualified for Champions league by knocking out Newcastle United:D)

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
There is only a place for one soccer team in my heart and it FC Partizan (yes they are black and white and they just qualified for Champions league by knocking out Newcastle United:D)

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Originally posted by dyertribe
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Still pumped from it. Woke up at 4 am to watch it. 120min of hard tought soccer and it was decided on penalties. Safe to say my heart was going 100 miles and hour.

Sorry mate its been a long time since we made it to the Champions League.

Thanks Lothar Mattheus:) , proving to be a great coach

Great result. :D

I'm still bitter about putting money on Newcastle to win the premier league a couple of years ago when they were leading the thing half way through yet still had attractive odds.

I've heard the colours will be red, gold and TEAL... ;)

Spewing about NUFC, but I guess it allows Shay Given to concentrate on earning points for my fantasy side.

Newcastle will bounce back; at least the season can only get better...

I would go along and see the new soccer team. If they don't play on Friday night all the time.

I would if they played half decent. I wouldn't be die hard supporter like I am of the Crows. There is only a place for one soccer team in my heart and it FC Partizan (yes they are black and white and they just qualified for Champions league by knocking out Newcastle United:D)

Hey Stiffy

You live in Australia - not Belgrade.

Originally posted by Jars458
Hey Stiffy

You live in Australia - not Belgrade.
Very true Jars458 but I have followed Partizan since I was 2. Its in my blood. The major reason I got a S&M sattelite TV so I can keep an eye on Partizan in soccer, Basketball, Volleyball and Waterpolo plus it has a great coverage of Premier League, Seria A, Spanish and Portugeuse League.

Just because I live in Adelaide doesn't mean I should turn my back on Partizan.:(

Very true Jars458 but I have followed Partizan since I was 2. Its in my blood. The major reason I got a S&M sattelite TV so I can keep an eye on Partizan in soccer, Basketball, Volleyball and Waterpolo plus it has a great coverage of Premier League, Seria A, Spanish and Portugeuse League.

Just because I live in Adelaide doesn't mean I should turn my back on Partizan.:(

I didn't mean that. Nothing wrong with supporting them, but there must be "room" for an Aussie team as well.

I have supported Liverpool since I was 5 (don't remember being a cognisant being at 2) but can still support an Aussie team

Dave W - I replied to Stiffy because his was the first post about it.

Originally posted by DaveW
Why did Jars458 only single out one person in this thread for supporting an overseas team? :confused:

Speaking of which...

I got my Shearer 9 home shirt in the post a few months back and got a free backpack for being one of the first 1000 to pre-order :D

And yesterday I bought a share in the club - yes, just one... it's a sentimental/prestige thing ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Jars458
I didn't mean that. Nothing wrong with supporting them, but there must be "room" for an Aussie team as well.

I have supported Liverpool since I was 5 (don't remember being a cognisant being at 2) but can still support an Aussie team

Dave W - I replied to Stiffy because his was the first post about it.
My unlce was a MAD Partizan supporter and he pushed me in the right direction. I always liked the black and white top at the time and he got me one. So thats how it started off. I don't remember when I started supporting them but my old man tells me that I used to sit in front of the TV and watch (dumbfounded) whenever Partizan played.

As I said I would support the new SA soccer team and go tot heir games but it wouldn't be the same sort of passion that I would feel for it as I do for the Crows or Partizan.;)

Pardon Mr Ignoramus here, but what happened to Adelaide City?
I've only just found out that they folded.
I thought they were supposed to be well run. :confused:

Originally posted by PAfolwr
Pardon Mr Ignoramus here, but what happened to Adelaide City?
I've only just found out that they folded.
I thought they were supposed to be well run. :confused:
Bob D'atavi (sp) - ie. the Best Bricks dude got sick of spending his pocket money on proping up Adelaide City.

IMO, having a non-ethnic Adelaide team to incorporate all interest groups will be better for the long-term interests of the game.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Bob D'atavi (sp) - ie. the Best Bricks dude got sick of spending his pocket money on proping up Adelaide City.

IMO, having a non-ethnic Adelaide team to incorporate all interest groups will be better for the long-term interests of the game.
I agree with your second part. Not just for Adelaide either.
Only need to look at Perth to see the difference in crowd support.

Why should Bob fork out 1.5 million this year and not have a guarentee of being accepted into next years league?? cant really blame him and Adelaide city will play in the premier league next year, so it will be good to have derby days again when Adelaide City play Adelaide Olympic.

Letting a founding club go is a huge mistake by soccer australia.

I would DEFINITELY support a 'Glory-style' club from Adelaide. I have been a huge [Les]phoodball[/Les] fan since I was born, I would support the multicultural team as much as I do the Crows. A football team for all seasons is what I crave.

"Celery,celery,if she won't come I'll.......!! ;) "

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
Why should Bob fork out 1.5 million this year and not have a guarentee of being accepted into next years league?? cant really blame him and Adelaide city will play in the premier league next year, so it will be good to have derby days again when Adelaide City play Adelaide Olympic.

Letting a founding club go is a huge mistake by soccer australia.

I have watched Adelaide City on and off again since 1986, and I think that if the only way to move forward, the only way to get a multicultural team with a broad base of support in the NSL was to let Juve go, the so be it. At least they still survive, and they can continue in the SA Premier League. Soccer in SA needs, and I mean medically needs a Glory-style club in the NSL. Hopefully this is it.

Would Zoran Matic still be the coach??????

I would assume that all the players that played for Adelaide City and have exsisting NSL contracts would be part of this new team.

Lets face it Zebras and Sharks would not be good names. In the good old days derbies (West Adelaide Vs. Adelaide City) were great matches with a buzzing atmosphere.

Remove this Banner Ad

New SA soccer team--in Crows-type colours?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back