New SA soccer team--in Crows-type colours?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Still Crowing
I have watched Adelaide City on and off again since 1986, and I think that if the only way to move forward, the only way to get a multicultural team with a broad base of support in the NSL was to let Juve go, the so be it. At least they still survive, and they can continue in the SA Premier League. Soccer in SA needs, and I mean medically needs a Glory-style club in the NSL. Hopefully this is it.
My uncle was a regular City fan from pre-city days.
I first saw them play around 78, and quite frankly, no matter what was being said publicly it was always Juve.
Personally I think that is part of the reason Soccer has been held back in SA.
Let them shut shop, let SA have only one team like Perth, and once the crowds start to roll perhaps with two well supported teams Soccer in Australia will start to roll forwards.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
We are 2nd rate team huh????? :p

Yes. We're playing our worst football since the Gullit reign and still managed to take you lot to penalties over 180 minutes of football - but well played. Upsets do happen and that's what it was.

I digress but this thread is soccer-related...

What we need now is to offload the likes of Robert, Dyer and Viana for as much as we can and rebuild.

Originally posted by dyertribe
Yes. We're playing our worst football since the Gullit reign and still managed to take you lot to penalties over 180 minutes of football - but well played. Upsets do happen and that's what it was.
Dude we are a very underrated team. ;) We might surprise a few people. Did you watch that game? Partizan was well in control for 90% of that game and if we took our chances better there wouldn't have been a need for penalty shootout and that was at your home ground. ;)

Personally, I never really rated Newcastle. They were always pretenders in my book. (When it comes to Premier League) *sorry mate*

Dude we are a very underrated team. ;) We might surprise a few people. Did you watch that game? Partizan was well in control for 90% of that game and if we took our chances better there wouldn't have been a need for penalty shootout and that was at your home ground. ;)

Personally, I never really rte Newcastle. They were always pretenders in my book. *sorry mate*

Yes we were outplayed - as I said we're playing our worst football for many a year.. but having said that... in our past two EPL seasons we've finished 4th and 3rd respectively - above the likes of Liverpool and Chelski.

We also defeated Juventus, Dynamo Kyiv, Feyenoord, Leverkusen and drew with Inter last season in getting to the second group phase of the Champions League.

Now over the course of 2 seasons that's 90-100 competitive matches where we've been consistently top level at both home and abroad. We've got a host of internationals and the second biggest stadium in England - if that's pretenders then so be it. ;)

Originally posted by dyertribe
Yes we were outplayed - as I said we're playing our worst football for many a year.. but having said that... in our past two EPL seasons we've finished 4th and 3rd respectively - above the likes of Liverpool and Chelski.

We also defeated Juventus, Dynamo Kyiv, Feyenoord, Leverkusen and drew with Inter last season in getting to the second group phase of the Champions League.

Now over the course of 2 seasons that's 90-100 competitive matches where we've been consistently top level at both home and abroad. We've got a host of internationals and the second biggest stadium in England - if that's pretenders then so be it. ;)
When was the last time you won the title?????;)

When was the last time you won the title?????;)

When was the last time anyone apart from Man U or Arsenal won it?

You got us on a good day - good luck to you.

The team will be called Adelaide United and will be in Crows colours. The coach will be John Kosmina, former West Adelaide player and the man who kicked the first ever goal in NSL history.

Something to do during the off season. See the soccer board to find out more or here on the Crows Board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty ordinary effort with regards to guernsey. Its exact copy of the Spanish National Team. Surely they could come up with something more original:rolleyes:

On the positive note, season ticket is only $100 which I reckon is great. I think you get 11 home games. Certainly affordable to a whole lot of people out there. They are doing a lot of things right ATM.

Only hic up so far has been the guernsey (Which looks great but its an exact copy of the Spanish National Team)

Originally posted by DaveW
I'd much rather it become a Southern Redbacks board.
Going by our state team's recent performances, perhaps just a Boof & Dizzy board (although I have hope in Flipper).

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Going by our state team's recent performances, perhaps just a Boof & Dizzy board (although I have hope in Flipper).
With Boof, Blewy and now Andy we should at least have a decent batting line-up this season.

Pretty ordinary effort with regards to guernsey. Its exact copy of the Spanish National Team. Surely they could come up with something more original:rolleyes:

On the positive note, season ticket is only $100 which I reckon is great. I think you get 11 home games. Certainly affordable to a whole lot of people out there. They are doing a lot of things right ATM.

Only hic up so far has been the guernsey (Which looks great but its an exact copy of the Spanish National Team)

Will be a good one then which people will buy which will be the main thing.

They havn't had much time and I think this year will be one of consolidation before a much more professional effort next year.

Originally posted by Jars458
Will be a good one then which people will buy which will be the main thing.
I assume you are talking about hte guernsey?????

Forgive me if I am wrong but wasn't the main reason in forming Adelaide United to make it a team for ALL South Australians????

Replicating the guernsey of Spanish National Team goes against that policy. It cannot be that hard to come up with completely new strip. I reckon Spanish National Gurnsey looks great but there is a bit of hypocricy if they opt for that isn't it????

As far as I am aware, the guys in charge have had stuff all time to prepare.....designing an original kit would probably not be right at the top of the list ATM. I would imagine that they just plumped for a kit with predominantly red with gold and blue trim and said..."yep, put an AUFC badge on there and off we go". Fine by me.

The Spanish kit, by adidas is the same as the Aussie (and Sweden/Sth Africa/Japan etc) kit, just with different colours. The design is the same for 95% of adidas kits, with just the colours changing.

With so little time to prepare, and with me wanting this to succeed, I'm prepared to cut a little slack. Anyone else? ;)

Originally posted by Still Crowing
With so little time to prepare, and with me wanting this to succeed, I'm prepared to cut a little slack. Anyone else? ;)

Hope to make it to the first match. Should get a group together and get some tickets for the game against Brisbane.

Originally posted by Jars458
My suggestion is that we make the Crows board an Adelaide United board over the summer, once trading period is out the way.

I'd like to second this motion.

With the winding down of the footy season, this would be the ideal place for discussion on Adelaide Utd FC. We could welcome onboard those guys n gals from the P*rt and Regional boards. I just have a gut feeling that the dedicated Assoc Football board is more akin to the AFL board, whereas this could act as a defacto 'club' board, at least until the NSL season finishes and the footy picks up again. (My dream is coming true....Footy season finishes, Football season begins. Football season finishes, Footy season begins!)

I'm sure we (followers of both codes) wouldn't be too much of an embuggerance Kane. Rules such as 'Prefixing' threads with "[Adel Utd] Insert Topic Name" could be put in place etc to ensure that those that don't want to be disturbed wouldn't. Just something to think about.

Cheers,

Kasey

Remove this Banner Ad

New SA soccer team--in Crows-type colours?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back