News New Uniform and Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't say I'm that impressed. The logo's awful, and I'd rather have kept the anchor than the docker tag. Maybe if I focus on the historic link the jumper is derived from, I'll come around as far as that goes, eventually. May take awhile though.

When we win our first premiership in this jumper, nobody will be complaining then

Maybe not, but we won't be winning it wearing the anchor we've bled for. And what (possible) article about our (possible) success do you imagine won't mention, among the list of positive changes made by the FFC (now FDFC?) - our genius drafting and recruiting, hard-as-nails coach, cutting-edge ground-up development programme, etc. - the change in uniform made by a businessman and his marketing cronies (on the basis of entirely inadequate "consultation") as just another part of the "new Freo"? What story won't wonder - just maybe - if lifting the anchor and dispersing the negative energies wasn't the last shove that got us there? That's the most insidious bit of Rosich's calculation - precisely because we are on the verge of success, the new image is the one that will be associated with the "winning" Freo and will therefore be accepted and cherished. By newcomers, that is. For those of us who've imprinted on the anchor - well, I don't think I'll be the only one who'll feel that it's just not the same.

Don't get me started on the bloody logo.

Jumpers and Logo rock!

Simple design, strong. Love the Purple..

Bunch of slack-jawed whiners in here crying over nothing..

Off to buy my new jersey, get with the 21st century all those who are bagging it. :thumbsu:

Fremantle is kicking winners at every stage. Your club has finally come of age. Whilst the logo might not be perceived to be the greatest and there is room for improvement it's a traditional and strong identifier for your brand. It makes me wonder what Freo's expansion plans are.

As for the jumper, well Fremantle is on a winner there. You guys are to be congratulated as your administration in my opinion is doing a very good job.

I think your new jumper is great.

And as much as you guys may have gotten used to it, the anchor was cheesy and jokey to the rest of the competition. Are you are football club, or a bunch of warfies?

Now, you have a strong, serious, and traditional looking jumper that says "football" and not "football, but we really want to be warfies"....

I think the new strong looking jumper is also good timing considering your climb up the ladder to hopefully (finally!) become a strong club on the field. :thumbsu:

Good move Fremantle. We might actually start taking you seriously now. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That logo is friggin awful...
We've got logo's like:

geelong-cats-logo.jpg

and

afl-melbourne-demons-casey-fields.jpg

vs this:

FD_RGB_A2_MONOGRAM_VERT_FC350px-for-web-story.jpg

I hope they didn't spend ACTUAL money to have that designed... My bowel movements are more interesting than that logo.

I think the logo is good because it will become recognisable.

The old logo was a mess of colors and didn't scale well in images.

This is now a highly distinctive, clean logo.

I'm a big fan of the rebranding :thumbsu:

That logo is friggin awful...
We've got logo's like:

geelong-cats-logo.jpg

and

afl-melbourne-demons-casey-fields.jpg

vs this:

I hope they didn't spend ACTUAL money to have that designed... My bowel movements are more interesting than that logo.

I think the symbol in the shield is a better comparison and looks better than the symbol above

Not quite sure what to make of the logo, but love the jersey decision :thumbsu: Purple Haze every home game! :D

I am a Perth based Port Adelaide supporter and adopted Freo as my second team as I like to watch my footy live.

Love the jersey and hope the logo will grow on me.

I think PAFC and Freo have dramatically improved their jerseys with the changes (and they needed to)

I do like the all purple aproach - means every game will be a sea of purple (well give it a few years anyway - at least until everyone can get new gear)

They had the purple 3 stripe jumpers at the show for $50 which was alright if anyone is interested

whoa thats a pretty good deal if theyve got the new ones out there already! whereabouts at the show mate? id be interested in maybe grabbing one before today ends
cheers:)

It's just before sideshow alley outside where all the pavilions are (all the exhibitions etc.) just past the chair-lift entrance

They had the home/away 2010 jumpers for the same price as well =)

Also had some old school port adeliade shirts for $50 at the sports shop - would consider it if i was a port fan

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Uniform and Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back