News that will rock Collingwood: Leon

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Leon Davis quits pies

Very shattered about leon ben my fav player since he was drafted

by the looks of it i reckon he doesnt get a long with buckley
If malthouse continued he would of played for less but
bucks your shit and always will be mate selfish (words not allowed to say)

eughhh

And I could understand why some people might think you were an uneducated tw@t

Re: news that will rock collingwood

Sounds like we are going to get Screwed here:mad:
Not really Dave. Leon has every right to leave, after all he is un-contracted as of Monday.
If he decides his future is elsewhere or he wants to retire then so be it.
Look at the upside, Caff will probably stay and we might even free up a bit of cash, plus it opens the door for a young player who might not have got an opportunity.

Yep spot on, Buckley is a selfish bastard!! I mean after being dumped by Melbourne & unable to break into the side year you would think he would quit so we can pay Leon the extra cash.
Shame on you Simon

Not really Dave. Leon has every right to leave, after all he is un-contracted as of Monday.
If he decides his future is elsewhere or he wants to retire then so be it.
Look at the upside, Caff will probably stay and we might even free up a bit of cash, plus it opens the door for a young player who might not have got an opportunity.

No Problem him leaving but I would of Thought the Club would be able to talk to him and find out why and not be able to:confused:

How did you come up with that?

I'm suspecting we've been shafted JA style.

Walshy said during trade week, we'd look to trade him if we got a good offer. No good offers came. Why would they when you could get him for nothing.

In a rubbish draft, why would Freo or West Coast not take a punt on a player who can offer them 1 to 2 years good service, for no cost? They'd both think they are a shot at the title.

FWIW, I really have enjoyed how Leon plays and will be grateful for his highlights but we won a GF without him.

We move on.

Leon has been offered a contract of $300 K, he wants another $100 K. Nothing to do with homesickness, his partner & her family are from S.A, not W.A.

BT is a close mate of MM & wanted a parting shot at Buckley & the club.

No Problem him leaving but I would of Thought the Club would be able to talk to him and find out why and not be able to:confused:
Maybe Dave, but for me and a lot of other people there is nothing more important than family. Footy is second.
There is a lot of speculation that Leon wants to go home to be close to his family after a death last year.
If that is true then we should all let him go and wish him well, because we believe in "side by side"

Leon has been offered a contract of $300 K, he wants another $100 K. Nothing to do with homesickness, his partner & her family are from S.A, not W.A.

BT is a close mate of MM & wanted a parting shot at Buckley & the club.
If there is one thing I have learned in my short time here it is believe absolutely nothing that is said on this site, people just make things up for no other reason than a feeling of self importance

LEON DAVIS BREAKS THE GOAL DROUGHT AND SAVES THE 2010 PREMIERSHIP IN GF1

[youtube]u_XAxzCS7rQ[/youtube]

Thanks Leon.
I'll never forget that goal, will always be my favourite Leon moment. Up to this stage I believed we were gone in that game, but that goal gave me hope that we'd hold on. We didn't, but who knows what would've happened if Leon didn't kick that goal to swing the momentum back our way for a bit.

I've always had a soft spot for Leon and I've always loved him. The last time I felt this sad about a player retiring was when Bucks gave it up. I'll definitely miss Leon, but thanks for all the memories. And I don't give a **** what opposition fans think of him, he'll always be one of my favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LEON DAVIS BREAKS THE GOAL DROUGHT AND SAVES THE 2010 PREMIERSHIP IN GF1

[youtube]u_XAxzCS7rQ[/youtube]

Thanks Leon.

That was a very important Goal and he did get a Premirship Medal

The Pies need cash up their sleeve for next season, watch for GWS to try and poach Sidey and Pendles next year.Blessing in disguise.Pies have been good to Leon, BT turned him around and the club did everything it could to re-invent him and get him that premiership he longed for.All the best Leon best indigenous player to put on the jumper.

I still remember Leon Davis kicking one of the goals of the year against Carlton I think in the 2nd quarter, then he came out in the 3rd quarter and did the same thing at the other end! Some of the goals he kicked were unbelievable. Goal of the year vs Freo was another great moment.

I still remember Leon Davis kicking one of the goals of the year against Carlton I think in the 2nd quarter, then he came out in the 3rd quarter and did the same thing at the other end! Some of the goals he kicked were unbelievable. Goal of the year vs Freo was another great moment.

2008 GOTY

[YOUTUBE]ONUGQZrLx08[/YOUTUBE]

Turns out it was 1st and 2nd qtr goals!

[YOUTUBE]ASRd7kESZ5Q[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]7kWEhelMmE0[/YOUTUBE]

Very sad news, Leon is a gun and such a pleasure to watch him in action.

If it came down to cash and the difference was 100k as reported its a very sad end but the onus is on Leon, for Leon to umm and ahh about going on all season and expect there to be cap space left to accomodate him at years end is foolish.

I personally dont think that is the case at least i hope not, if he plays for WCE or Freo i will be filthy as well, as the club should have traded him for anything they could get if we had prior knowlege of him leaving.

The lure of home may have just been too great for the guy and it seems the only way Leon can come out unscathed from supporters opinion is if he plays in the SANFL or WAFL.

Very strange.

Only last week Pickers announced on multiple radio programs that they wee quite comfortable with the deal and the $ offered and that he was 90% sure Davis would be at Collingwood. He said the only reason he wouldn't be was if he decided to stay in WA for family reasons.

Now BT is saying he is leaving over $ and could play in the SANFL!?

Remove this Banner Ad

News that will rock Collingwood: Leon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back